• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Just so you know it is working now i don't know how as i leftto a loan for a bit while i wait for a responce. so thank you very much for your time and its a great contribution.

Regards DJ :thumbsup:

Edited by djramm

lukasz.izycki, on 19 July 2010 - 03:40 AM, said:

I've installed 22d_10 (5 Jul 2010) verion of SEO URL's ... after installation on first time page show is error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::generate_newsdesk_categories_cache() in /home/ledsigns/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 673.

The contribution looks it works, but in panel i can't set nothing on SEO URL's page. In includes/seo.class.php i don't find declaration of generete_newdesk_categories_cache().

===================================================

Then you've made a mistake in the installation somehow since that function is definately in the file.

But where? In line 673 is:

if ( $this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES'] == 'true' && defined('TABLE_NEWSDESK')) $this->generate_newsdesk_categories_cache();

and that's all.

In 2299 is:

function generate_newsdesk_categories_name_cache(). It shouldn't be function generate_newsdesk_categories_cache() ??

But this don't fix my problem. In panel I still see only title "seo ...".

How looks entries about this contribution in database (in configuration_group table)?

Sorry for post under post.

Edited by lukasz.izycki

But where? In line 673 is:

if ( $this->attributes['USE_SEO_CACHE_NEWSDESK_CATEGORIES'] == 'true' && defined('TABLE_NEWSDESK')) $this->generate_newsdesk_categories_cache();

and that's all.

In 2299 is:

function generate_newsdesk_categories_name_cache(). It shouldn't be function generate_newsdesk_categories_cache() ??

Try changing

function generate_newsdesk_categories_name_cache(){

to

function generate_newsdesk_categories_cache(){

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I just installed your contribution to my website, using this test template:

http://www.netzeye.com/catalog2/

If I hover over the links on the left, they ARE Search engine friendly. However, when i click on ANY link (with exception of the cart), it *seems* to take me to the product or category page but IMMEDIATELY redirects to index.php...

I've been double checking my install with your instructions (at least 4 times). I have tried to install your contribution to sterile 2.2a before and it works great! But this time I want to install it on top of this theme...

Does anyone know what may be the cause of the instant re-directs?

Try changing

function generate_newsdesk_categories_name_cache(){

to

function generate_newsdesk_categories_cache(){

It works. There is no error now, but in panel I still don't see SEO Settings. Can someone show entries in database related whit this contribution? I think problem is there.

If I hover over the links on the left, they ARE Search engine friendly. However, when i click on ANY link (with exception of the cart), it *seems* to take me to the product or category page but IMMEDIATELY redirects to index.php...

I've been double checking my install with your instructions (at least 4 times). I have tried to install your contribution to sterile 2.2a before and it works great! But this time I want to install it on top of this theme...

Does anyone know what may be the cause of the instant re-directs?

It is probably due to the template you are using. It is a common problem with certain templates lately. The code to look for was mentioned here not to long ago. You'll need to find that code and remove or change it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

It works. There is no error now, but in panel I still don't see SEO Settings. Can someone show entries in database related whit this contribution? I think problem is there.

I don't think it will work if the database changes are not being installed so you are probably missing them. Look in admin->Configuration. There should be a link named SEO URLs in the left column.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I want to install this must have contribution. But also have the "product listing enhancement" installed (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051)

These two are conflicting with each other. Can't add products to the cart anymore from the listing. Or when in the product_info, I can, but when go to another product, the cart is empty again.

Does someone has experience with both contribution and can help me out?

It is probably due to the template you are using. It is a common problem with certain templates lately. The code to look for was mentioned here not to long ago. You'll need to find that code and remove or change it.

Sorry to pester you regarding this contribution too. I have the same problem and it must be because I'm using a template. Having glanced through the last 5 pages of this thread I couldn't find the piece of code you are mentioning. Could you possibly point us in the right direction?

Sorry to pester you regarding this contribution too. I have the same problem and it must be because I'm using a template. Having glanced through the last 5 pages of this thread I couldn't find the piece of code you are mentioning. Could you possibly point us in the right direction?

No, I don't know which page it is on. It was within the last month, I think, but since this is a busy thread that might mean a large number of pages. You'll just have to go through them.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Template Monster customers, see this post.

Jack, another issue has come up for me. The contribution can't handle foreign alphabets. There would be no SEO value in converting all the characters, therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to force the same English URLs when switching to non-Latin languages.

Jack, another issue has come up for me. The contribution can't handle foreign alphabets. There would be no SEO value in converting all the characters, therefore I'm wondering if it's possible to force the same English URLs when switching to non-Latin languages.

The non-latin problem is a web problem. Up until recently, non-latin characters could not be viewed. They have recently changed that but I doubt it becomes standard for some time yet. In the meantime, the search engines can handle non-rewritten links so whether to force them to English or leave them as standard for non-Latin languages is mostly a personal preference, I think.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In the meantime, the search engines can handle non-rewritten links so whether to force them to English or leave them as standard for non-Latin languages is mostly a personal preference, I think.

Absolutely but for me links in the non-Latin language version contain extra hyphens in both category (one) and product (a few) links. Is it normal?

I just installed in and none of my products work they take me to a page 404 error... www.want2sell2u.net can someone please take a look and see why its doing this or whats causing this? Please and thank you.

Thanks,

Tony

I just installed in and none of my products work they take me to a page 404 error... www.want2sell2u.net can someone please take a look and see why its doing this or whats causing this? Please and thank you.

Please follow the troubleshooting instructions.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, I've tried switching Output W3C valid URLs off but the non-Latin characters (UTF-8) still come up as:

domain.com/--c-8.html

domain.com/-----------p-376.html

Can you help me get rid of extra hyphens or force English links? I've searched the thread for ages but haven't found a solution.

Jack, I've tried switching Output W3C valid URLs off but the non-Latin characters (UTF-8) still come up as:

domain.com/--c-8.html

domain.com/-----------p-376.html

Can you help me get rid of extra hyphens or force English links? I've searched the thread for ages but haven't found a solution.

No, sorry, but that's not something I can assist with in a support thread.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There's no technical reason why you should not install Ultimate SEO.

Jack,

Circling back to this... would you say there would be a distinct "advantage" for installing Ultimate SEO on an already live site?

Jack,

Circling back to this... would you say there would be a distinct "advantage" for installing Ultimate SEO on an already live site?

Yes, I think there is. It is not as great as it once was because the search engines have made changes in how they handle the links. But rewritten url's do make a difference in the oversll SEO of the site and any little bit will help when you are trying to reach a top ten position. There is also the obvious advantage of allowing your visitors to see what a page is about at a glance. Many people bookmark a page and then don't look at the bookmark for a while. If they see something that doesn't make sense, they may not re-visit it as quickly as they would if it was something that piques their interest.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

please help, the shop is working and I need to fix a bug quickly

I'm using 2.2-10 version of SEO.

When I try to see a product which is in a subcategory I get message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

please help, the shop is working and I need to fix a bug quickly

I'm using 2.2-10 version of SEO.

When I try to see a product which is in a subcategory I get message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Found a solution:

"Add category parent to begining of URLs" must be set to "true"

Yes, I think there is. It is not as great as it once was because the search engines have made changes in how they handle the links. But rewritten url's do make a difference in the oversll SEO of the site and any little bit will help when you are trying to reach a top ten position. There is also the obvious advantage of allowing your visitors to see what a page is about at a glance. Many people bookmark a page and then don't look at the bookmark for a while. If they see something that doesn't make sense, they may not re-visit it as quickly as they would if it was something that piques their interest.

Okay. I'll be installing this for one of our existing sites. By the way, is it okay to reference our sites and post their URLs on this forum? Sometimes it seems it would be helpful to reference it but I didn't want to leave the wrong impression.

Okay. I'll be installing this for one of our existing sites. By the way, is it okay to reference our sites and post their URLs on this forum? Sometimes it seems it would be helpful to reference it but I didn't want to leave the wrong impression.

I just found this post which goes against installing Ultimate SEO URLs for existing sites (post #11 - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=136032). Prior to installing Ultimate SEO URLs, is there a recommended process to eliminate the duplicate content issue?