• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I am using this contribute (v2.2d10) and osCommerce 2.2, I wonder how I can change the URL like paths with category and subcategory names. I mean without the string "-c-XXX". I want to display the URL like so:

http://www.example.com/category_name.html

or

http://www.example.com/category_name/subcategory_name.html

You can't.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

For my need to change the titles of my products to more relevant keywords, since it will change my url do you recommend that as I do this I delete the old url's from webmaster tools so I don't have a million duplicate pages indexed? I'm trying to figure out my best options because I know I have to do it, my product names are lame and won't get me the traffic I need. Thanks Jack!

For my need to change the titles of my products to more relevant keywords, since it will change my url do you recommend that as I do this I delete the old url's from webmaster tools so I don't have a million duplicate pages indexed? I'm trying to figure out my best options because I know I have to do it, my product names are lame and won't get me the traffic I need. Thanks Jack!

I suggest you install the latest version of Ultimate SEO V2.2d and then check if the previous url's are redirected and a 301 issued. You can use the tool on my site to do that but there are others around. If they are redirected and a 301 issued, you're done. If they are not and you want to save those links, you should add redirect code to the .htaccess file so whatever progress the current links have made in the listings is saved. If the links are listing well or there are just a few, I wouldn't bother with them.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack.

I have installed the Ultimate SEO v2.2d10 yesterday, it is so great! The problem of -c-0_134_256.html and -p-0.html has been solved, thank you for your great work!

I have added a new page for my website: http://www.epathchina.com/quick_find.php

When I click the link like that:

http://www.epathchina.com/China-Wholesale/Ultra-Thin-Pmp-Player-Tags-96.html

The rewrite can work well.

But when I click the link like that:

http://www.epathchina.com/China-Wholesale/All-In-One-Car-Dvd-Tags-2.html

The rewrite can't work any more.

It is very strange that when the number after '-Tags-' is more that 9, the rewrite can work well, when less than 10, the rewrite can't work any more.

Here is my .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-Tags-([0-9]+).html$ quick_find.php?tags_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-Tags-Categories-([0-9]+).html$ quick_find.php?categories_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

#RewriteEngine On
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /notfound.php?$1 [L]

ErrorDocument 404 /notfound.php

Please help and give me some advise. Thanks for your time!

Owen

Edited by owen1982_2004

I have added a new page for my website: http://www.epathchina.com/quick_find.php

When I click the link like that:

http://www.epathchina.com/China-Wholesale/Ultra-Thin-Pmp-Player-Tags-96.html

The rewrite can work well.

But when I click the link like that:

http://www.epathchina.com/China-Wholesale/All-In-One-Car-Dvd-Tags-2.html

I can see the first link on the quick find page but not the second. Perhaps it isn't a valid link? You should turn Ultimate SEO off and verify the link works in standard mode.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can see the first link on the quick find page but not the second. Perhaps it isn't a valid link? You should turn Ultimate SEO off and verify the link works in standard mode.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your quickly reply!

When I turn off the Rewrite, it can work very well.

When I change the '-Tags-' to '-Tag-' or '-w-', it also can work well, I have tried many times.

If you need, I can send my source code to you for the test.

Hello. Sorry for my english at startup :-"

I've installed 22d_10 (5 Jul 2010) verion of SEO URL's ... after installation on first time page show is error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::generate_newsdesk_categories_cache() in /home/ledsigns/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 673.

The contribution looks it works, but in panel i can't set nothing on SEO URL's page. In includes/seo.class.php i don't find declaration of generete_newdesk_categories_cache().

Thank's for reply and sorry for my english one more time :-"

Edited by lukasz.izycki

Hi all i have just installed the seo V2.2d over the weekend followed the instructions din't work deleted what i had done but some of the program remained so i redid installed it and got more working but when i edit the config file i can not view any of my pages other than the front page. at the moment i have deleted the extra code from the config file so the site works. any ideas please.

dj :blink:

Hi all i have just installed the seo V2.2d over the weekend followed the instructions din't work deleted what i had done but some of the program remained so i redid installed it and got more working but when i edit the config file i can not view any of my pages other than the front page. at the moment i have deleted the extra code from the config file so the site works. any ideas please.

dj :blink:

For get it got it working Than k you very much for a great contributions

Regrads DJ

Hi Me againg

I spoke to soon it works fine untill i go three deep in my menu then its like to web site is lock in a loop and has a problem loading and gives me

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

I tried with cookies off and still the same i tried with rewrite off and the pages don't load i get a 404 error. If i turn off seo the pages load but no address changes. But when i go into admin turn on seo and refresh page in catlaog it changes the address.

Please help

DJ :o

When I turn off the Rewrite, it can work very well.

When I change the '-Tags-' to '-Tag-' or '-w-', it also can work well, I have tried many times.

The text in the url shouldn't make a difference unless that name doesn't exist. There's no -w- in the code so if that is in the link, that is the problem. Perhaps the name of that item is confusing the code. Rename it to something simple, like test,and try again.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed 22d_10 (5 Jul 2010) verion of SEO URL's ... after installation on first time page show is error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method SEO_URL::generate_newsdesk_categories_cache() in /home/ledsigns/public_html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 673.

The contribution looks it works, but in panel i can't set nothing on SEO URL's page. In includes/seo.class.php i don't find declaration of generete_newdesk_categories_cache().

Then you've made a mistake in the installation somehow since that function is definately in the file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried with cookies off and still the same i tried with rewrite off and the pages don't load i get a 404 error. If i turn off seo the pages load but no address changes. But when i go into admin turn on seo and refresh page in catlaog it changes the address.

What's the "address?" Also, if you expect help, you need to follow the instructions in the install file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

View Post djramm, on 19 July 2010 - 05:48 AM, said:

What's the "address?" Also, if you expect help, you need to follow the instructions in the install file.

Website is www.dcsstore.net.au but soe is off and i'm tring to unistall it and it seams that i'm missing some code these are the three error messages i get

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/******/public_html/oscommerce/admin/configuration.php on line 98

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/*****/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/******/public_html/oscommerce/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

If possiable could you help me with th emissing code so i may uninstall the addon and install your other contribution HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.3, This would be a better option for me.

Thanking your for time DJ

Edited by djramm

If possiable could you help me with th emissing code so i may uninstall the addon and install your other contribution HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.2.3, This would be a better option for me.

No, free support is limited to general questions in this support thread. But, to be honest, if you can't get this contribution installed correctly, I wouldn't suggest attempting installing Header Tags SEO since its installation is mucm more involved. If you do though, be sure you make backups first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm pretty new to oscommerce, but the install for the ultimate seo urls seemed pretty straight forward. Followed the install instructions step by step. Everything seems in place but when I log into my admin I don't see the SEO URLS under the CONFIGURATION the way the install sheet says I should. I'm about to just reinstall, but wanted to see if anyone had any input. I'm on a linux server, mysql 5 database and php 5. Any input is appreciated.

I'm pretty new to oscommerce, but the install for the ultimate seo urls seemed pretty straight forward. Followed the install instructions step by step. Everything seems in place but when I log into my admin I don't see the SEO URLS under the CONFIGURATION the way the install sheet says I should. I'm about to just reinstall, but wanted to see if anyone had any input. I'm on a linux server, mysql 5 database and php 5. Any input is appreciated.

You have to refresh your home page so the database gets updated.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, free support is limited to general questions in this support thread. But, to be honest, if you can't get this contribution installed correctly, I wouldn't suggest attempting installing Header Tags SEO since its installation is mucm more involved. If you do though, be sure you make backups first.

No problem thanks for that so how do i uninstall it then as i have made other changes while waiting for youto reply so if i back up i'll still have the contribution there.

regrads DJ :thumbsup:

PS how can i get more help please then

Edited by djramm

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d without any problems and it seems to work well with the default settings. There is, however, one part that has stopped working since I've installed this and that is the Product Review section. When you click on Product Reviews it says, "Page not found". The URL does end with the suffix ".html%22". Any ideas on how to fix this? I did copy the text into .htaccess as instructed and everything else seems to work ok. Product reviews did work before this.

Edited by tmckee

No problem thanks for that so how do i uninstall it then as i have made other changes while waiting for youto reply so if i back up i'll still have the contribution there.

regrads DJ :thumbsup:

PS how can i get more help please then

You uninstall it by reversing the steps to install it. Then go into admin->Configuration->SEO URLs and click on the uninstall option to remove the database changes.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d without any problems and it seems to work well with the default settings. There is, however, one part that has stopped working since I've installed this and that is the Product Review section. When you click on Product Reviews it says, "Page not found". The URL does end with the suffix ".html%22". Any ideas on how to fix this? I did copy the text into .htaccess as instructed and everything else seems to work ok. Product reviews did work before this.

Turn off this contribuion and make sure that link works. If it does, post the required information as spelled out in the installation guide.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

is it possible to make a new file to use SEO urls ?

i'm trying to do the same configuration as index.php to a new file called category.php but its not working.

any help ?

Edited by grazianno

is it possible to make a new file to use SEO urls ?

i'm trying to do the same configuration as index.php to a new file called category.php but its not working.

Yes, it is possible but is not a simple change. The code and the .htaccess file both need to be changed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons