• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have version 2.7 of Ultimae SEO installed on my site. I redid my shop about a year ago and have some great search engine results that I would like to redirect to my new cart without losing rank. I would ike to redirect customers that older oscommerce cart to my new oscommerce cart.

I've been playing around with it for awhile and can't seem to get it right. From googling my problem I see that it's tied in with using the Ultimate SEO contribution......

If I have in my .htaccess:

redirect 301 /catalog/index.php http://mysite.com

Users are taken to my main page, however the brower shows: http://mysite.com/?cPath=1 (note that my new shop is not in the root directory but in another directory, but at least they are taken to the main page. Why is the ?cpath=1 showing?)

What I would rather do is redirect product to product and category to category.

If I have in my .htaccess:

redirect 301 /catalog/index.php http://mysite.com/shop/

Users are then taken to irrelevant categories or "product not found" pages trailed as well in the browser with ?cPath=1

I've tried redirecting product to product. Ex:

redirect 301 /catalog/product_info.php?products_id=136 http://mysite.com/sh...oduct-p-37.html however this doesn't seem to redirect or do anything at all.

I tried a suggestion I found through google that adds a ? after the end of the new url, but that didn't work either.

Any guidance would be MUCH appreciated.

Edited by nnclyn

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_8. I can see all the setings in admin but they just don't work.

It could be cache is causing a problem. Try setting the uninstall option to true. Then go to the shop and click on the home page link. Then go back and try making a setting change to see if it works.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hy,

Having some troubles with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9 on my store : http://www.zenetnature.fr/index.php

When i click anywhere in categories entries, on a product image, or on buttons "details" and "commander" (buy now), nothing happens, i'm always stick on the index page !

For all th elinks in the horizontal top bar, "promotions", "nouveautés", i have the product listing, but after, it's the same stuff that happens : a go back to index.php !

WHAT can I do to resolve this ? who can help me ?

NB : I copy-paste the ht.access as it appears in the install docs :

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-by-(.*).html$ all-products.php?fl=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-au-(.*).html$ articles.php?authors_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-f-(.*).html$ faqdesk_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fc-(.*).html$ faqdesk_index.php?faqPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fri-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_info.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-fra-(.*).html$ faqdesk_reviews_article.php?faqdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pm-([0-9]+).html$ info_pages.php?pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-(.*).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-(.*).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-(.*).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-po-([0-9]+).html$ pollbooth.php?pollid=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

David

Having some troubles with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9 on my store : http://www.zenetnature.fr/index.php

When i click anywhere in categories entries, on a product image, or on buttons "details" and "commander" (buy now), nothing happens, i'm always stick on the index page !

For all th elinks in the horizontal top bar, "promotions", "nouveautés", i have the product listing, but after, it's the same stuff that happens : a go back to index.php !

WHAT can I do to resolve this ? who can help me ?

My guess is that there is some code in the template you are using that is causing the redirect. Unfortunately, that isn't something that can be handled in a support forum. You'll need to isolate and fix the problem yourself (see a previous post about removing some code that was causing a similar problem), contact the template designer to see if they will fix it (probably not) or pay someone to fix it for you.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have tried removing this contribution, but there still seems to be some traces of it in my admin section.

It is still listed as "SEO URLS"... but with this error on the top:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

How do I completely remove all traces of this add on?

Thanks a bunch.

Edited by forummaker

That "Can" you're about to open... has worms!

Don't say I didn't worn ya.

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

I have tried removing this contribution, but there still seems to be some traces of it in my admin section.

It is still listed as "SEO URLS"... but with this error on the top:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

How do I completely remove all traces of this add on?

Thanks a bunch.

I am removing this because of the error that I am getting and can't spend days trying to figure out the problem.... unless someone knows of a fix?

This is all that comes up on my website.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1828"

Here is the line in that code: "$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));"

When I remove that line of code completely from the file this is what comes up in the address bar when viewing an item: "http:// website .com/--p-70.html"

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by forummaker

n. pl. cans of worms Informal - A source of unforeseen and troublesome complexity.

I am removing this because of the error that I am getting and can't spend days trying to figure out the problem.... unless someone knows of a fix?

This is all that comes up on my website.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_convert_case() in /html/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1828"

Here is the line in that code: "$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));"

When I remove that line of code completely from the file this is what comes up in the address bar when viewing an item: "http:// website .com/--p-70.html"

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The fix for that has been mentioned many times. A simple google search for it would save you a lot of time and aggravation. But to fix it, in the seo.class.php file, replace

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8"));

with

$anchor = preg_replace($pattern, '', strtolower($string));

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack! That did it! I always search for an answer before posting... my search always took me to this topic, and nowhere near a fix.

I have to say in my opinion this is one of the most important add ons. Even when I started creating my store... I was hoping to get this (or similar) working.. and it now does and I'm very happy with it. Thanks to everyone who spends hours helping those that need it!

Thanks again.

Hi There. I figured out how to determine the version number of this contribution. Just look on one of the pages that was edited and the version number is there. Anyway, the version I have is v2.1.

Regarding the cName issue. The instructions state:"It should be noted that this version DOES NOT support the cName method of URL generation. Thus, if you currently use or need the cName method DO NOT UPGRADE." Does this mean I can't upgrade to this version, or use this method of upgrading? Can I upgrade using "Clean install on sterile osCommerce MS-2.2 or RC2"? If neither, how do I change my cName method of URL generation?

Please, please, I really would like some guidance on this. Thank you so much!!

Jason

Regarding the cName issue. The instructions state:"It should be noted that this version DOES NOT support the cName method of URL generation. Thus, if you currently use or need the cName method DO NOT UPGRADE." Does this mean I can't upgrade to this version, or use this method of upgrading? Can I upgrade using "Clean install on sterile osCommerce MS-2.2 or RC2"? If neither, how do I change my cName method of URL generation?

It means that the version you are using doesn't have that option. Unless someone decides to add it, you are out of luck. The only choice you have then is to upgrade to a version that does have it. I recommend v2.2d but others may have it too. Although most are not supported so you will end up with similar problems at some point most liekly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you, Jack_mcs! I would like to upgrade to V 2.2d. Should I just use the instructions that state "Clean install on sterile osCommerce MS-2.2 or RC2" if I'm currently using V2.1?

Yes. The instructions will say to replace existing code you don't have, since you have another version installed, but it is the same sections of code so just replace what is there now.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack_mcs!! At the risk of overstating the obvious. Should I use the most current version; Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9?

Also, I noticed in that version you replaced the includes/classes/seo.class.php file. This is the exact file that was giving me problems when trying to install Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.00. This is why i need to upgrade this contribution. Do you think I will still have problems with Googlebase?

Thanks Again,

Jason

Thanks Jack_mcs!! At the risk of overstating the obvious. Should I use the most current version; Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-9?

Also, I noticed in that version you replaced the includes/classes/seo.class.php file. This is the exact file that was giving me problems when trying to install Google Base / Froogle Data Feeder v1.00. This is why i need to upgrade this contribution. Do you think I will still have problems with Googlebase?

Thanks Again,

Jason

Yes, use version 2.2d-9 and my latest version of the google sitemap contribution and it will work correctly for you. The change to this contribution though was not just to that one file so do the complete install or there will be problems.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi installed the latest version - Things seemed to go ok. My site shows Etc but there is one major problem. Every link i click on just goes back to the home page. Also if i enable the cache in the actual oscommerce itself i get other peoples menu in my menu system ??? Very bizzare. So my question is any idea as to why when i click on my links they all go back to the home page?

Thanks - Phil

www.media-uk.co.uk

Edited by pgreen50

Hi installed the latest version - Things seemed to go ok. My site shows Etc but there is one major problem. Every link i click on just goes back to the home page. Also if i enable the cache in the actual oscommerce itself i get other peoples menu in my menu system ??? Very bizzare. So my question is any idea as to why when i click on my links they all go back to the home page?

The "going to the home page" problem has been asked here a number of times lately. I took a look a look at one shop and it was due to code in the template causing it. If you are using a template, then that is most likely the problem. The cache problem isn't related to this contribution but it is due to your settings being setup to use the serves tmp directory. Such the forums for how to change that and that problem will be fixed.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey,

I installed the latest version of Ultimate SEO URLs on a clean install of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a. I'm not getting any error messages, but it doesnt seem to work either. My URLs are shown as "/-p-1.html" rather than "/productname-p-1.html". Also when I turn of "Ultimate SEO URLs" in the admin control panel mod_rewrite seems to be stuck in an infinite loop. Is this a common bug? Anyone have an idea? I've read through roughly 10 to 15 pages in this thread and couldn't find anything related to my problem. I also tried reinstalling the entire shop and tried again, same error.

Thanks a lot for your help and your answers

Regards from Germany

Etienne

Edited by etienne_ger

I installed the latest version of Ultimate SEO URLs on a clean install of osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a. I'm not getting any error messages, but it doesnt seem to work either. My URLs are shown as "/-p-1.html" rather than "/productname-p-1.html". Also when I turn of "Ultimate SEO URLs" in the admin control panel mod_rewrite seems to be stuck in an infinite loop. Is this a common bug? Anyone have an idea? I've read through roughly 10 to 15 pages in this thread and couldn't find anything related to my problem. I also tried reinstalling the entire shop and tried again, same error.

You don't mention the version you are using but if it is v2.2d-9, then try either using the clear cache or uninstall option in the settings and then go to your home page to reload it. For the second problem, you need to turn off all of the options. Just read through the last few pages to find mention of this if you want more details.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey,

thanks for the very quick reply. Yes, I'm using 2.2d-9.

I tried clearing the cache and reloading the home page, without success. Then I tried the uninstall button and received the following warnings:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /www/htdocs/XXX/YYY/admin/configuration.php  on line 98

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /www/htdocs/XXX/YYY/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /www/htdocs/XXX/YYY/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Thanks again for your help,

Etienne

I tried clearing the cache and reloading the home page, without success. Then I tried the uninstall button and received the following warnings:

Yes, that's correct. That's why I included the instructions to go your home page to reload it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry, I don't really understand your latest response!?

What did I do wrong now? Or better yet, what can I do to fix it?

I listed three things you should do. You said you did two. Try doing all three.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons