• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have installed ulimtae seo urls and it works fine for my product pages, however I cannot get it to work for the Extra pages-info box w/ admin cotribution.

is there anything I am missing? or I havent done to make it work?

The code for that contribution isn't included in Ultimate SEO so the urls won't be rewritten.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The code for that contribution isn't included in Ultimate SEO so the urls won't be rewritten.

Ahh ok, I thought there was a fix included for this contribution. Ok my next question would be how would i go about doing this, is it a few simple lines of coding?

Thanks.

Ahh ok, I thought there was a fix included for this contribution. Ok my next question would be how would i go about doing this, is it a few simple lines of coding?

Thanks.

"Fix" implies it is broken, which it isn't. The contribution can't work with all contributions out of the box since they each require different code. The change is not difficult but is not simple either. You need to find the code in the includes/classes/seo.class.php file for one of the other contributions and then duplicate it. There are many places in the code for that and the duplicated code has to be edited to use fields from the database changes added by the contribution you want to add. If you have experience with making such changes, then it won't be difficult. Otherwise, I wouldn't suggest trying it.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the reference. I will download that version and see what differnce there is in the code. I won't be able to do it right away but, in the meantime, if you could try using that one (just replace the includes/classes/seo.class.php file) to see if it fixes the problem it might speed up the process.

Hi Jack, I have tried to replace the seo.class.php as stated in version 2.1e, it does not work.

Can I also draw your attention to another bug fix suggested by avanser on 29 Dec 2008, it stated that

"if you use utf-8 encodind, then you must replace in function function strip($string){}

strtolower($string) TO mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8") in file sea.class.php"

Thanks for your attention.

Hi Jack, I have tried to replace the seo.class.php as stated in version 2.1e, it does not work.

Can I also draw your attention to another bug fix suggested by avanser on 29 Dec 2008, it stated that

"if you use utf-8 encodind, then you must replace in function function strip($string){}

strtolower($string) TO mb_convert_case($string, MB_CASE_LOWER, "utf-8") in file sea.class.php"

Thanks for your attention.

No, mb_convert_case nor the other suggested changes should be made to ultimate seo urls, whatever version.

1) mb_convert case is not on as standard in php.ini so this should not be included as standard.

2) uri link text should be latin characters only .. that is how the web works, therefore there is no need for it to be UTF-8 as no special language characters are allowed. Perhaps the web works differently in china or Japan, I don't know, if it did then there would need to be an admin selectable option to change the functionality to accomodate it.

Edited by FWR Media

:thumbsup: Jacks am grateful for your help :thumbsup:

Jacks, thanks for Header Tags SEO is a great contribution. I've installed it, and Ultimate Seo Url.

If you go to my site and click some link, you can see a link similar to: http://www.devicesandcomponents.com/catalog/comunicacion-gprs-umts-hsdpa-mtx-63-v3-p-89.html. But, if you review on Google's webmaster tool, the internal link are somethig like: catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_33&products_id=42

Site Configuration:

Session: Prevent spider session=true

Enable SEO URLs? true

Add category parent to product URLs? true

Add category parent to begining of URLs? true

Filter Short Words 3

Output W3C valid URLs (parameter string)? true

Enable SEO cache to save queries? true

Enable product cache? true

Enable categories cache? true

Enable manufacturers cache? true

Enable Articles Manager Articles cache? false

Enable Articles Manager Topics cache? false

Enable FAQDesk Categories cache? false

Enable Information Pages cache? false

Enable Links Manager cache? false

Enable NewsDesk Articles cache? false

Enable NewsDesk Categories cache? false

Enable Pollbooth cache? false

Enable Page Editor cache? false

Enable automatic redirects? true

Enable use Header Tags SEO as name? false

Enable permormance checker? false

Choose URL Rewrite Type Rewrite

Enter special character conversions

Remove all non-alphanumeric characters? false

Reset SEO URLs Cache false

Uninstall Ultimate SEO false

Thanks Daniel

Jacks, thanks for Header Tags SEO is a great contribution. I've installed it, and Ultimate Seo Url.

If you go to my site and click some link, you can see a link similar to: http://www.devicesandcomponents.com/catalog/comunicacion-gprs-umts-hsdpa-mtx-63-v3-p-89.html. But, if you review on Google's webmaster tool, the internal link are somethig like: catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_33&products_id=42

You're welcome. :)

Any links listed with the search engines prior to this installation will stay that wasy until the search engines checks them again. At that time, the code in Ultimate SEO will issue a 301 redirect, telling them they should change the link and they will do that at some point. As long as the link with the numbers ends up on the correct page of your site, it is OK.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You're welcome. :)

Any links listed with the search engines prior to this installation will stay that wasy until the search engines checks them again. At that time, the code in Ultimate SEO will issue a 301 redirect, telling them they should change the link and they will do that at some point. As long as the link with the numbers ends up on the correct page of your site, it is OK.

:-" Thanks for all your attention Jacks. I'm will be pacient.

:thumbsup:

Hi at all,

I've got a little problem with Ultimate Seo urls.

I got a problem with the umlauts(is this righ?)[äöü and ß], the URL dont show them. Can someone help me?

Try using the special characters setting in the settings. You can read more about it here, in the install file or in the settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello again,

now I've got a problem with this Ultimate SEO, i have installe it again...(dont ask why, its a long story^^)

Now i get an error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /includes/application_top.php on line 588

after input this lines:

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
if ((!defined(SEO_ENABLED)) || (SEO_ENABLED == 'true')) {
  include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
  if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
    $seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
  }
}

if remove them, it works again...but i need this lines -.-

Hello again,

now I've got a problem with this Ultimate SEO, i have installe it again...(dont ask why, its a long story^^)

Now i get an error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /includes/application_top.php on line 588

after input this lines:

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.2d
if ((!defined(SEO_ENABLED)) || (SEO_ENABLED == 'true')) {
  include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');
  if ( !is_object($seo_urls) ){
    $seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);
  }
}

if remove them, it works again...but i need this lines -.-

You are here again because you failed to install USU5 correctly, you are now installing this incorrectly.

There is no error in that code so the problem is how you are applying it. What are you using for a PHP editor?

You are here again because you failed to install USU5 correctly, you are now installing this incorrectly.

There is no error in that code so the problem is how you are applying it. What are you using for a PHP editor?

html-editor 5.6.2 ._.

html-editor 5.6.2 ._.

You need a decent flat file editor. Notepad++ is a decent editor (and free). WYSIWYG type html editors like Dreamweaver etc are useless for PHP editing.

You need a decent flat file editor. Notepad++ is a decent editor (and free). WYSIWYG type html editors like Dreamweaver etc are useless for PHP editing.

Buuut, the last time i installed Ultimate with html-editor 5.6.2 it has work.

Buuut, the last time i installed Ultimate with html-editor 5.6.2 it has work.

Well I'm just trying to help. Both this and USU5 are easy installs which most manage very easily, so I was looking for another reason for you having difficulty.

Well I'm just trying to help. Both this and USU5 are easy installs which most manage very easily, so I was looking for another reason for you having difficulty.

And thank you for that. :D

It works now, i had to change some configuration settings.

Hi another problem sry ._.*

The URL dont show any pruducts, only categories, how comes?

Please explain what "show any pruducts" means - page doesn't load, url is wrong, ...

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please explain what "show any pruducts" means - page doesn't load, url is wrong, ...

the name of producs, you can only see this if you click of any producks /testshop3/--p-13009.html

but the categories are show this testshop3/mutternscheibensplinte-muttern-c-525_100_943.html...only that problem with the name of the product, they doesnt show in the url -.-

the name of producs, you can only see this if you click of any producks /testshop3/--p-13009.html

but the categories are show this testshop3/mutternscheibensplinte-muttern-c-525_100_943.html...only that problem with the name of the product, they doesnt show in the url -.-

Have you cleared cache using the option for this contribution? What version are you using?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Phiu, i cleared the cache, without any effects :(

The only things I can think of that might be causing that is that your .htaccess file is not setup correctly (no rewrite for products) or your products are missing names.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons