• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi guys,

I have installed: V 2.2d-5 by Jack_mcs.

When I'm buying, I can add products to cart correctly. But if I select a category/subcategory with some products, the shop shows me the possibilty to "buy now" (for all the products - It isn't necesary to view the product detail). If I buy clicking this item, THE CART IS CLEAR, all the products in the cart has been deleted.

THanks for your attention, regards

Daniel

It obviously has nothing to do with .htaccess, I can't even imagine why advice has taken this route. I'd imagine you are losing the session (hardcoded links and misconfigured configure.php would be my guess) but I'd need to see the site.

Edited by FWR Media

From the url's you provided, you are trying this on a local setup. If I do that, it fails for me the same way. But when I try it on a live shop, it works fine. Have you tried it on a live shop?

Jacks,

thanks for your help. On the live shop, it works fine.

Daniel

thanks for your help. On the live shop, it works fine.

You're welcome. Thanks for posting the results in case someone else has the same problem.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all, first congratulations for that excellent contribution, very nice !! I have a question about the manufacturer's name in the url. I can't see it in the url. I mean url becomes mydomain/-m-manufacturerID.html

I would like to have mydomain/manufacturerName-m-manufacturerID.html

I don't understand why it doesn't work. Is there any special lines to add in the seo.class.php?

Thanks in advance for your answear !

This is the 2.2d5, and i use OScommerce 2.2 RC1. thanks for your answear :)

If you can't use ultimate seo urls 5 I recommend Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r172.

It works perfectly, thanks a lot, and i've managed to adapt it to manufacturers2.

In case you need it Nicolas .. Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Support Thread

This is the 2.2d5, and i use OScommerce 2.2 RC1. thanks for your answear :)

You should upgrade to the latest version, 2.2d-7, and see if the problem persists.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Apparently I installed wrong, and so backed out the changes and replaced the files on the server... now when I go try to go to my Admin login page, I get a blank screen... any idea why that would be so?

My server's configured so I can't see .htaccess files and so can't delete it... so I put up an empty .htaccess file instead, in case that matters... thanks for any help!

Apparently I installed wrong, and so backed out the changes and replaced the files on the server... now when I go try to go to my Admin login page, I get a blank screen... any idea why that would be so?

My server's configured so I can't see .htaccess files and so can't delete it... so I put up an empty .htaccess file instead, in case that matters... thanks for any help!

You didn't state what version you are using so I can only guess but if you are using V 2.2d, there is only one change to the admin/categories.php file. If you don't have the original, you can leave the change in without it causing any problems. Or you can edit that file and remove the part the instructions say to add.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You didn't state what version you are using so I can only guess but if you are using V 2.2d, there is only one change to the admin/categories.php file. If you don't have the original, you can leave the change in without it causing any problems. Or you can edit that file and remove the part the instructions say to add.

Thanks Jack_mcs... yes, using V 2.2d-7, I have the original file, uploaded it and the page is still blank...?

Edited by Muonwar

Thanks Jack_mcs... yes, using V 2.2d-7, I have the original file, uploaded it and the page is still blank...?

1) The only file that you would have changed that could have a global impact is admin/includes/functions/general.php adding the function tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls() so I'd suggest you check that.

Re: files not being visible on the server, most ftp agents have an option to show hidden files.

FileZilla is server > Force show hidden files.

If you are not using FileZilla try this post.

Edited by FWR Media

Hi, Jack

My web site has English and Chinese lanaguages. I have installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-7, but the Chinese character is not able to show at the SEO url, the Chinese character is trucated. For example, in English version, the url is domainname.com/productname-p-129.html, in Chinese version, the url becomes domainname.com/-p-129.html.

Is it possible to overcome this problem?

Thanks.

Hi, Jack

My web site has English and Chinese lanaguages. I have installed Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-7, but the Chinese character is not able to show at the SEO url, the Chinese character is trucated. For example, in English version, the url is domainname.com/productname-p-129.html, in Chinese version, the url becomes domainname.com/-p-129.html.

Is it possible to overcome this problem?

Thanks.

Does the text display correctly with Ultimate SEO turned off (you need to turn all of options off)? Have you tried the special character conversion option? This is not really its purpose but may help.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does the text display correctly with Ultimate SEO turned off (you need to turn all of options off)? Have you tried the special character conversion option? This is not really its purpose but may help.

Hi, Jack, have tried your suggestion, no luck. Is it necessary to implement what was suggested at version 2.1e?

Hi, Jack, have tried your suggestion, no luck. Is it necessary to implement what was suggested at version 2.1e?

Are you saying it works fine with Ultimate SEO turned off?

I don't know what suggestion you are referring to but try it and see what happens.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

im currently using "ULTIMATE SEO 5" and i have problem with sitemap generation. Ive tried the GoogleXMLSitemap by Chemo but i get into some problems

i.e a products gets a link like:

http://www.laptop-sk...products_id=250

but on the site they have:

http://www.laptop-sk...hp/blomma-p-250

This gives some problem with google like:

"URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations........"

Would SEO URL by Chemo work better togheter with "GoogleXMLSitemap" ?

Hello

im currently using "ULTIMATE SEO 5" and i have problem with sitemap generation. Ive tried the GoogleXMLSitemap by Chemo but i get into some problems

i.e a products gets a link like:

http://www.laptop-sk...products_id=250

but on the site they have:

http://www.laptop-sk...hp/blomma-p-250

This gives some problem with google like:

"URLs not followed

When we tested a sample of URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some URLs redirect to other locations........"

Would SEO URL by Chemo work better togheter with "GoogleXMLSitemap" ?

This is the support thread for the old series 2 seo urls not Ultimate Seo Urls 5 also I have answered your question in the sitemap support topic.

Are you saying it works fine with Ultimate SEO turned off?

I don't know what suggestion you are referring to but try it and see what happens.

Hi Jack

After I turn off the Ultimate SEO, it works as normal.

It is mentioned at version 2.1e as below.

"I changed the function parse_parameters() in seo.class.php in order to encode the url in the right format with urlencode().

Now if you use japanese or chinese letters, it will appear correctly in the link instead of weird signs.

Same for all the éàè ... letters.

recommended for anyone using UTF-8 in their catalog."

Hi Jack

After I turn off the Ultimate SEO, it works as normal.

It is mentioned at version 2.1e as below.

"I changed the function parse_parameters() in seo.class.php in order to encode the url in the right format with urlencode().

Now if you use japanese or chinese letters, it will appear correctly in the link instead of weird signs.

Same for all the éàè ... letters.

recommended for anyone using UTF-8 in their catalog."

Thanks for the reference. I will download that version and see what differnce there is in the code. I won't be able to do it right away but, in the meantime, if you could try using that one (just replace the includes/classes/seo.class.php file) to see if it fixes the problem it might speed up the process.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons