• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I was running Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-5 - I am still having issues with the manufacturer part as it doesn't redirect bad urls to the desired manufacturer-m-1.html page with Ultimate SEO 2-2.2d-7

No the 2-2.2d versions do not 301 redirect seo urls at all, version 7 has just the category and product working.

You can use the known stable "2.1d original updated" or the newer Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r164.

2.1d ORIGINAL updated has an "add on" script included that does full 301 redirection and Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r164 has it as standard.

My personal recommendation if you are on php5 is Ultimate seo urls 5 which 301 redirects ALL uri types and is fully stable.

No the 2-2.2d versions do not 301 redirect seo urls at all, version 7 has just the category and product working.

You can use the known stable "2.1d original updated" or the newer Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r164.

2.1d ORIGINAL updated has an "add on" script included that does full 301 redirection and Ultimate Seo Urls 2.1d STABLE FINAL r164 has it as standard.

My personal recommendation if you are on php5 is Ultimate seo urls 5 which 301 redirects ALL uri types and is fully stable.

I might give it a try tomorrow - it's late here. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ultimate Seo Urls should be compatible with anything .. BUT .. Template Monster templates may look good but are notoriously badly written and often break standard osCommerce PHP functionality.

You'll just have to try and see I'm afraid.

OK - thanks for the heads up - can you suggest any other template providers who do a good job? Most appreciated.

Hello Robert,

your contribution works fine now, without any errors. I would like to know wether it's possible to get the URLs featured like for example:

"http://www.domain.com/category1/category2/productsname-p-28.html"

instead of:

"http://www.domain.com/productsname-p-28.html"

Thanks very much again.

Regards Tom

Hello Robert,

your contribution works fine now, without any errors. I would like to know wether it's possible to get the URLs featured like for example:

"http://www.domain.com/category1/category2/productsname-p-28.html"

instead of:

"http://www.domain.com/productsname-p-28.html"

Thanks very much again.

Regards Tom

Hi Tom

Only Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO

But currently only one category not parentcat/category

In PRO you have 49 different ways of writing the product uri text and 4 types of uri. So for example you could have something like ..

www.mysite.com/reebok/trainers/red_stripe-p-9.html (where reebok is the manufacturers name)

I believe that 2-2.2d7 by Jack adds a single category to products or offers the option to add the header tags text but I can't test it as it keeps deleting and reloading the database table/fields on every load on my system. (plus the other problems).

Hi Tom

Only Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO

But currently only one category not parentcat/category

In PRO you have 49 different ways of writing the product uri text and 4 types of uri. So for example you could have something like ..

www.mysite.com/reebok/trainers/red_stripe-p-9.html (where reebok is the manufacturers name)

I believe that 2-2.2d7 by Jack adds a single category to products or offers the option to add the header tags text but I can't test it as it keeps deleting and reloading the database table/fields on every load on my system. (plus the other problems).

So you would rather recommend me to use your Version "Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro" in this case, is that right?

So you would rather recommend me to use your Version "Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Pro" in this case, is that right?

Yes but 5 PRO is in final development, you could either test 5 PRO by posting in the development forum or wait until it is uploaded as a contribution.

USU 5 is extremely stable and has many beneficial aspects but it does not do what you are asking for.

Yes but 5 PRO is in final development, you could either test 5 PRO by posting in the development forum or wait until it is uploaded as a contribution.

USU 5 is extremely stable and has many beneficial aspects but it does not do what you are asking for.

Thank you Robert,

ok, then I shall give it a try, but don't you think it's a useful feature to cover the parentcat in URLs as well.

I do appreciate your help very much.

Hy I have a strange problem I have installed the contribution but product links are redirected to index

You can see this at: http://bit.ly/6aPwpE

Help :-)

Ultimate SEO ins't enabled on your site so I can't see the problem. Be sure you have all of the commands entered in your .htaccess file. Also, be sure to state what version of this contribution you are using.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Ultimate SEO ins't enabled on your site so I can't see the problem. Be sure you have all of the commands entered in your .htaccess file. Also, be sure to state what version of this contribution you are using.

Now it is ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 and it is enable.

The .htaccess

# If you are getting errors you may need to comment this out like ..

# Options +FollowSymLinks

Options +FollowSymLinks

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase instructions

# Change RewriteBase dependent on how your shop is accessed as below.

# http://www.mysite.com = RewriteBase /

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/ = RewriteBase /catalog/

# http://www.mysite.com/catalog/shop/ = RewriteBase /catalog/shop/

# Change RewriteBase using the instructions above

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-([0-9]+).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-([0-9_]+).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Articles contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9_]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Information pages

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Links contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-([0-9_]+).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Newsdesk contribution

RewriteRule ^(.*)-n-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nc-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_index.php?newsPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nri-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_info.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-nra-([0-9]+).html$ newsdesk_reviews_article.php?newsdesk_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

</IfModule>

This isn't the support thread for that contribution. Please post your question in the appropriate thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You have a redirect that is redirecting www.mysite.com/ to www.mysite.com/index.php and it's not a good redirect as it is capturing seo urls .. you need to remove it or have a better one written.

Ultimate Seo Urls 5 Support Thread

Edited by FWR Media

Quick question! I customized 2-2.2d7 a little for my site. One thing I have always hated is that my provider forces me to install oscommerce in a subdirectory so I used this opportunity to have the urls look more like mysite.com/category/product.html - it works great with just a few modifications to the SEO code! Just one problem, the sessions are broken every time you navigate between the different subdirectories. I have the sessions working when I use mysite/oscommerce-directory/category/product.html but as soon as I strip out the oscommerce-directory part the sessions get broken. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this or how to fix it? Thanks!

Brian.

Hi

This contrib looks very good , is it possible to get this urls : http:// www.homepage.com/massagebaenkar/archer-deluxe-spa-baenk-406/ ?

/Thx for the help.

Seo urls requires a marker to determine the _GET key so it may look like ..

www.homepage.com/massagebaenkar/archer-deluxe-spa-baenk-p-406.html

Quick question! I customized 2-2.2d7 a little for my site.

When you alter the code there's no way for anyone to support it so you're on your own in that case.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

When you alter the code there's no way for anyone to support it so you're on your own in that case.

Hi Jack, thanks anyway! I knew that it was a stretch to ask. On a more general level, has anyone here had issues with sessions when manipulating the URL for SEO?

Hi

Thanks , how is it possible to get it like this : www.homepage.com/massagebaenkar/archer-deluxe-spa-baenk-p-406/ ?

I need that becouse they are linking to that adresses the seo company.

/mvh Marcus

Seo urls requires a marker to determine the _GET key so it may look like ..

www.homepage.com/massagebaenkar/archer-deluxe-spa-baenk-p-406.html

Hi

Thanks , how is it possible to get it like this : www.homepage.com/massagebaenkar/archer-deluxe-spa-baenk-p-406/ ?

I need that becouse they are linking to that adresses the seo company.

/mvh Marcus

Series 2 seo urls (this support thread) does not offer any more than the standard uri as mentioned.

If you need path based uris etc you would need to use Ultimate Seo Urls 5 PRO which is in the final stages of development.

An example of a path based uri is ..

www.mysite.com/reebok/trainers/red-stripe-p-32.html

It still doesn't do exactly what you want however.

Hi,

Ive just installed and im getting the following error on the admin/configuration page:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/a3082936/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Ive just installed and im getting the following error on the admin/configuration page:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/a3082936/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1195

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks.

Looks like you failed to add the required function to admin/includes/functions/general.php

Go back through the install instructions.

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

I suggest you upload it to a new location with the option of No Public Upload allowed, and create a new support thread as this one is far too long to find relevant posts. Most imporatntly, this contribution and support thread have been vandalised by some headless chicken who created a "New" version, "with completely re-written code", which was posted to another location with its own support thread, and claimed to be the best of the bests but only now to come back to "update" this original U SEO URLs. I wonder if that "best" version is, as claimed, that good, why bother here? Or mmore likely than not, many people are simply not convinced and still choose Jack's updated version given Jack's good reputation.

Ali

I suggest you upload it to a new location with the option of No Public Upload allowed, and create a new support thread as this one is far too long to find relevant posts. Most imporatntly, this contribution and support thread have been vandalised by some headless chicken who created a "New" version, "with completely re-written code", which was posted to another location with its own support thread, and claimed to be the best of the bests but only now to come back to "update" this original U SEO URLs. I wonder if that "best" version is, as claimed, that good, why bother here? Or mmore likely than not, many people are simply not convinced and still choose Jack's updated version given Jack's good reputation.

Ali

Ali you really are a dork. I realise that you got upset when your ramblings about the "osCommerce hack" turned out to be rubbish but this continued flaming just makes you look like the child you so obviously are. It also does nothing to help the people looking here for support.

If you had any knowledge of seo urls at all you would realise that way before jacks versions, ultimate seo urls was made stable by me with 2.1d ORIGINAL updated (which jacks version is based on if you do a file compare) me attempting to keep this version of ultimate seo urls stable is no new thing.

Jack has indeed got a good reputation and deservedly so .. he will no doubt keep adding functionality to his versions and I will keep up to date a stable "original" version here in addition to Ultimate Seo Urls 5.

Users have choices .. which of course is good.

Edited by FWR Media