• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I'm having this problem by adding a new category in admin:

1364 - Field 'categories_seo_url' doesn't have a default value

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id) values ('newcategorytest', '22', '1')

It is a clean installation with the latest version 20 May 2009

I need help

thanks

I'm having this problem by adding a new category in admin:

1364 - Field 'categories_seo_url' doesn't have a default value

insert into categories_description (categories_name, categories_id, language_id) values ('newcategorytest', '22', '1')

It is a clean installation with the latest version 20 May 2009

I need help

thanks

It looks like Field 'categories_seo_url is null and table does not allow that field to be null, do you have the seo field in categories under category name if not check your install, you might have missed something

In regards to my post above, it turns out there was an echo in the Header Tags SEO install I used that shouldn't have been there. For reference, its in includes/functions/header_tags.php. Comment out or remove:

echo 'path '.HEADER_TAGS_ADD_CATEGORY_PARENTS;

However, my categories still don't work !

I've since noticed that if I delete the "cache" table, it doesn't automatically get inserted back into the database. I'd assume this means that seo.class.php isn't being executed ... ? If this is the case, does anybody know why this might happen ?

Cheers

I've finally worked this out for myself. My own stupid mistake unfortunately, but I'll share with everyone in case anybody follows in my foot steps.

I have STS v4.5.8 installed and using the index module. I had two files; sts_template.html and index.php.html within the templates folder. The latter of the files is meant to display the home page only and mainly contains static content, i.e. it doesn't have a $content place holder. As I jumped straight in and installed the Ultimate SEO URLs contrib before testing my STS install correctly, I didn't realise that it wasn't working as I'd expected and wrongly assumed that USEO URL's was causing the problem... but it wasn't.

I've since learned that the index.php.html template is used to display all of the category listings too and as mine contained static content, the categories/products weren't displaying and giving the impression that it was just refreshing the home page every time. What confused and caused me to start barking up several of the wrong trees, was that it worked fine if I switched on the standard OSC "Search Engine Friendly URLs", but this is disabled by default when USEO URL's is installed.

To work around the index template problem, I've now discovered that you need to have two files within the templates folder:

index.php.html - This is the template for the category/product listings and needs to contain the $content place holder

index.php_0.html - This is the site home page and can contain anything you want

I simply renamed my original homepage template to index.php_0.html and made a copy of sts_template.html called index.php.html and all of a sudden everything works fine. I've now reinstalled USEO URLs 2.1d and all is peachy !

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my original posting, regardless of whether you were able to help or not. Hopefully my explanation of the problem will help others who've made the same stupid mistake as I did. Sadly I've just lost most of my weekend to this, but I've learnt a few valuable lessons from it.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by SpankyAndy

Weird thing happends when I enable SEO Urls 2.7

I just gives a completely blank page with no info what so ever. Must have missed something but been through the installation steps several times now.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Just a quick note to say that I've been just about the only person offering support for this contribution for some time.

I have now released my own total rewrite (PHP5 only) so will support this no longer.

Anyone who is interested can download the brand new version and join me at ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5

Hi FWR Media,

Just a quick word to tell you THANKS for all your support !!!

Your contribution is working very well... cause of you!

Anyway, I am planing to do an other website and it will be with PHP5....then see you soon ;)

Eric

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

Hi FWR Media,

Just a quick word to tell you THANKS for all your support !!!

Your contribution is working very well... cause of you!

Anyway, I am planing to do an other website and it will be with PHP5....then see you soon ;)

Eric

Thanks for the kind words Eric.

I had got rather fed up with updating this old code, it has lived way past its lifecycle.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 is functioning exactly as planned .. faster .. more efficient and much more flexible.

I think this was a perfect time for a total rewrite.

Thanks for the kind words Eric.

I had got rather fed up with updating this old code, it has lived way past its lifecycle.

ULTIMATE Seo Urls 5 is functioning exactly as planned .. faster .. more efficient and much more flexible.

I think this was a perfect time for a total rewrite.

Yes I will love to use it but for that I will need to have an other account with my provider I think cause I have chose PHP4... for my curent website (cause the provider was giving me the choice between 4 and 5 but recommended 4) and now if I want to change from 4 to 5 I have to change all (or subscribe a new one for my new project with PHP5), means my current website.

Hard to imagine now that I have just finish (nearly) my website that I have to do all again! :( ;)

I can make different DATA BASE / SQL on my current subscription but I am not sure if I can have different PHP on one account with 2 data base! I will ask...

Thanks again anyway

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR avec : colissimo_v1.9 // CGV // GoogleXML_sitemap - Update -> googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5 // Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1d - Update -> v22d_12 // AntiRobotRegistrationValidation-3.1 // TinyMCE WYSIWYG HTML EDITOR // HEader Tag SEO 3.1.4 // PDF Invoice 1.5 // Specials_enhanced_v1_3_1 // quick_stock_update_v3.5_FRENCH // xmembers_v2.2 // contact_us_form_in_db_with_amin_v1.1 // photo_display_1 // previous_next_with_details // infoBox Admin v.2.25 // whosonlineturbov1.1fr // customer_discount_v1.3 // flash_bannersv2 // Horizontal_menu_V3 // Loginbox_Best_1 // CCGV // XSell_v2_7_2 // Printable Catalog XSS Flaw Fixed // all_specials_slideshow // Birthdays_v1.4 // Search_price_range_pulldown_menu_1.1 // contrib-categories // Reviews_in_Product_Display_v2.3 // Easy Graphical Borders // Simple Multiple Images (Unlimited) with Fancy Popups V1.3.5 // Guestbook V3.0 // Blacklist_IP_v.3 // Quicker Product Edit v2.1 // Chronopost_2010 // Easy Center // Size Shop with Layers // Safari-Chrome_fix // Protection to Configuration v1.3a // Page_Cache_v1.6... Thanks to everyone!

cause the provider was giving me the choice between 4 and 5 but recommended 4

Wow I've not heard of anyone recommending 4 for years!

PHP 5.2 was launched way back in November 2006 and PHP4 has been discontinued (no support, bug or security fixes)

Edited by FWR Media

I have problem with Ultimate Seo Urls 2.7 and More Pics 2.0.6 advanced. For an example a link http://www.catinipipe.com/matrox-g200-p-1#morepics is changed to http://www.catinipipe.com/matrox-g200-p-1#morepics.html with .html and don't work. I think that must be write a line on .htaccess file but I dont't know what to write. Anyone can resolve the problem?

Bye

Hi.

I have installed v2.6 and it works fine - almost.

If i click on a category, the category-name shows in the url, and the same with a product. But with the product, it is only the productname, not the category before the name.

Why??

And how do i change the seperator from"-" to "/"??

Check at www.erotic-toy.dk

Edited by powertrading.dk

Hi.

I have installed v2.6 and it works fine - almost.

If i click on a category, the category-name shows in the url, and the same with a product. But with the product, it is only the productname, not the category before the name.

Why??

And how do i change the seperator from"-" to "/"??

Check at www.erotic-toy.dk

You need another contribution - Seach Engine Friendly URL

It will change URLS from:

http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...p;products_id=1

to:

http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/Graphics-...atrox-G200-MMS/

Stanislav

191 pages eh? well as much as I would ove to read them all....

Anyways, I installed this contribution the other day and it did not like line 1810 which basically wanted lower case. i turned that off and the site was up.

But my problem is and maybe it is common but i click on a manufactuere and it keeps takig me to the index page! i cannot get to where I want to go on my site.

I have several links to those pages as well, Now I can update those no problem, but why will it not show me the Mgf. pages and keeps rerouting me to the index page????

Thanks for any help, i am sure this horse has been beaten to death.

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

191 pages eh? well as much as I would ove to read them all....

Anyways, I installed this contribution the other day and it did not like line 1810 which basically wanted lower case. i turned that off and the site was up.

But my problem is and maybe it is common but i click on a manufactuere and it keeps takig me to the index page! i cannot get to where I want to go on my site.

I have several links to those pages as well, Now I can update those no problem, but why will it not show me the Mgf. pages and keeps rerouting me to the index page????

Thanks for any help, i am sure this horse has been beaten to death.

What version did you install ?

Show the content of your catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php here.

Stanislav

I have an osc site using this awesome contribution with. The contribution is working perfectly but I've reached bit of a dilemma. I have two buttons that display next to each product in the catalog that aren't using the seo friendly urls and I would like to know if anyone reading this post may know of an easy way to fix this. The two buttons are:

1. A details button that links to the product page.

2. An add to cart button.

The code i'm currently using is:

<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br>'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14').'<br><a href="'.tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a>

This of course works but displays the not so seo friendly urls. If anyone can help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it. :)

I posted this back a while ago and really fallowed threw with it. So here is the issue. If you open up the browser and go to the homepage of my site all is good. If you click a product link it will come up page not found. If you back the browser up and then click the same product all is good. This happens every time you open up the browser and go to the site. Any one have any sugestion on what might be causing this to happen? Thanks

Custom PC's, Components, Liquid Cooling, Notebooks and More

What version did you install ?

Show the content of your catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php here.

Stanislav

I installed version 2.7 since I am running PHP4

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

Ok here is what it does if I select an manufacturer, it goes from

/catalog

to

/catalog/index.php?catalog=index.php

hense putting it right back at the same page.

and it does not give the category name or product name in the url instead it gives me c37 (or which ever catgory number it is and same for the product it give the number not the name)

Any Ideas why???

I installed version 2.7 since I am running PHP4

Do you have the Configuration -> My Store -> Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) set to false

?

Note: It will not fix your problem but I suggest to use seo.class.php from the latest package with autoinstaller or from the version 2.1d.

My version has the function do_redirect changed to not pass GET parameters through htmlspecialchars();

The version 2.1d has $url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url); before redirect.

Stanislav

Ok here is what it does if I select an manufacturer, it goes from

/catalog

to

/catalog/index.php?catalog=index.php

hense putting it right back at the same page.

and it does not give the category name or product name in the url instead it gives me c37 (or which ever catgory number it is and same for the product it give the number not the name)

Any Ideas why???

Do you have the Configuration -> My Store -> Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) set to false

?

Note: It will not fix your problem but I suggest to use seo.class.php from the latest package with autoinstaller or from the version 2.1d.

My version has the function do_redirect changed to not pass GET parameters through htmlspecialchars();

The version 2.1d has $url = preg_replace('/&/','&',$url); before redirect.

Stanislav

I have an osc site using this awesome contribution with. The contribution is working perfectly but I've reached bit of a dilemma. I have two buttons that display next to each product in the catalog that aren't using the seo friendly urls and I would like to know if anyone reading this post may know of an easy way to fix this. The two buttons are:

1. A details button that links to the product page.

2. An add to cart button.

The code i'm currently using is:

<a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br>'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14').'<br><a href="'.tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a>

This of course works but displays the not so seo friendly urls. If anyone can help me fix this I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Try to use this code

<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $p_id) . '">'.tep_image_button("button_details.gif").'</a><br>'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '14').'<br><a href="'.tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart1.gif').'</a>

Stanislav

I posted this back a while ago and really fallowed threw with it. So here is the issue. If you open up the browser and go to the homepage of my site all is good. If you click a product link it will come up page not found. If you back the browser up and then click the same product all is good. This happens every time you open up the browser and go to the site. Any one have any sugestion on what might be causing this to happen? Thanks

here is what I have found on this forum

This problem is not related to seo urls....

do you have the 'page cache' contribution installed? I have disabled that contribution and now everything works fine.

Stanislav

here is what I have found on this forum

Stanislav

No, I don't have page cache contribution. Its just like when you first got to my site the rewrite is not working and go's to the old link. Any other suggestions???

Here is the link if I first go to site for an Item.

http://www.homebrewpconline.com/product_in...123db412c43d87f

and after I go back or just refresh page

http://www.homebrewpconline.com/evga-evga-geforce-p-223.html

Edited by night_fire

No, I don't have page cache contribution. Its just like when you first got to my site the rewrite is not working and go's to the old link. Any other suggestions???

Here is the link if I first go to site for an Item.

http://www.homebrewpconline.com/product_in...123db412c43d87f

and after I go back or just refresh page

http://www.homebrewpconline.com/evga-evga-geforce-p-223.html

It is not the seo urls contribution problem.

Maybe you have the sid killer contribution or any other that affects cache or session ID

Stanislav

It is not the seo urls contribution problem.

Maybe you have the sid killer contribution or any other that affects cache or session ID

Stanislav

The only contributions I have are easy Meta Tags, lightbox, fck editor. In the admin, I have cache turned off. Any other suggestions?