• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi everyone,

What a great contribution with tons of feedback from those involved - 139 pages :)

However I have one fairly serious issue, and from what i read, a few other folks are having it as well.

I just recently installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2e FIXED Full Package from Scratch and it works very well, BUT if my product listing contains more than 20 items, the "Next Page" link does not work properly.

I can see from how the URL is formed, why it doesn't work properly, but not being a programmer I am not sure how to fix it.

Can anyone help with instructions on how to fix the problem within this version of the package?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi everyone,

What a great contribution with tons of feedback from those involved - 139 pages :)

However I have one fairly serious issue, and from what i read, a few other folks are having it as well.

I just recently installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2e FIXED Full Package from Scratch and it works very well, BUT if my product listing contains more than 20 items, the "Next Page" link does not work properly.

I can see from how the URL is formed, why it doesn't work properly, but not being a programmer I am not sure how to fix it.

Can anyone help with instructions on how to fix the problem within this version of the package?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan

Sure, dump 2-2.2e as it doesn't work and use 2.1d updated. This is well documented in this thread.

Sure, dump 2-2.2e as it doesn't work and use 2.1d updated. This is well documented in this thread.

Before I go ahead and do that, is there anything that can be done to 2.2.2e to make it "work". Uninstalling/reinstalling will probably be a bit more painful because I modified the install quite a bit since I installed USU 2.2.2e

Out of curiosity why doesn't it work? (other than the "next page" problem)

Thanks,

Ivan

Before I go ahead and do that, is there anything that can be done to 2.2.2e to make it "work". Uninstalling/reinstalling will probably be a bit more painful because I modified the install quite a bit since I installed USU 2.2.2e

Out of curiosity why doesn't it work? (other than the "next page" problem)

Thanks,

Ivan

It's entirely up to you and as I said it is well documented in the USU threads.

You may well get away with simply replacing the includes/classes/seo.class.php. Although optionally you may wish to add the validation contribution in the package.

I have a problem with this contribution.

When a visitor first enters the shop, links are shown as '-c-1.html' and '-p-1.html'. When a visitor enters the next page, links are shown as normal, like 'categoryname-c-1.html' and 'productname-p-1.html'.

I can't find anything about this in the forum, so who can help me?

I installed version 2.1d on osC 2.2 MS2

I have a problem with this contribution.

When a visitor first enters the shop, links are shown as '-c-1.html' and '-p-1.html'. When a visitor enters the next page, links are shown as normal, like 'categoryname-c-1.html' and 'productname-p-1.html'.

I can't find anything about this in the forum, so who can help me?

I installed version 2.1d on osC 2.2 MS2

The reason you can't find anything is that this problem does not exist in 2.1d.

Reset your seo cache reset your categories cache.

Hi everyone! What a brilliant contribution!

I installed version 2.1d on osC 2.2 MS2.

My problem is, on the shopping_cart.php when you click on a product that is added to the cart. the link displays like this....

http://example.com/product_info.php?products_id=2171{3}23

the rest of the links on the shop works fine. Any ideas please?

here is the code that builds the shopping_cart.php links....

'	<td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .

'	<td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

By the way, the link still works, its just not SEO'd, its as if the link isnt being parsed via the seo function, yet the code above would say it is?

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

Edited by davestacey

I've just noticed something, the name of the product that was added to my cart was

3 Piece Pony Yaki Synthetic Hair Extensions

It also has attributes.

I have added other products and the links work fine, just that named product above, the link for it displays as

http://example.com/product_info.php?products_id=2171{3}60

UPDATE: Ok so i just renamed that product so it didnt start with a number and it still showed the same incorrect link.

I then added another product that uses attributes, and it also added the incorrect way. So i can narrow it down to attributes causing the problem in my case.

Any suggestions please?

Edited by davestacey

Hi again,

I managed to fix my problem, although i dont think its the best solution, but none the less it appears to have worked.

So my problem was: When on the shopping_cart.php page, when you clicked on a product that had attributes the URL looked like this

example.com/product_info.php?products_id=2171{3}60

My guess is that the seo.class.php got confused with the product id not being an interger and thus displayed the non SEO'd link.

So i edited the shopping_cart.php file (around line 130)

First of all i changed....

$products[$i]['id']

.....to this......

$iProductID

........see below.......

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .
'  <tr>' .
'	<td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .
'	<td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

....I then added this code just above it....

list($iProductID, $ignorethis) = explode("{",$products[$i]['id']);

This seems to have worked. Any better solutions please let me know.

My next problem, is the BUY NOW buttons (on a category page) not adding the product to the cart. Instead it redirects to the product page without adding the product to the cart.

here's what the link looks like

myshop.com/category-c-1.html?products_id=2532&action=buy_now&sort=2d

I've searched through this forum and noticed others posting about it, but no solutions have been mentioned.

Any ideas please?

GOD DAMN IT!!

Sorry for swearing, but i finally figured out what is going on, after too much time wasted!

Regarding my post above, when your on a category page, and you click on a BUY NOW button, if that product has any attributes (such as colour, size, etc) then it will take you to that product page, because you have to select an attribute before you can add it to the cart. Otherwise how will it know what you want? a brown pair of shoes, or black?

If a product does not have any attributes, then it add's straight to the cart.

Doh! no wonder no one has replied about these types of posts, as it should be common sense! i feel like a right nugget now.....aaarrrggghhhhh

lol, thanks anyway....

Edited by davestacey

In installing version 2-2.2e of SEO Ultimate. I was having problem in going from page one to two, three, etc from the catalog page. In this forum, it was suggested to remove and install v.2.1d update.

But created a another error message. Nothing found for my error message. If I click My Account or Checkout in the top navigation bar, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_snapshot() on a non-object in /XXXX/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/account.php on line 16

and

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_snapshot() on a non-object in /xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/checkout_shipping.php on line 18

I did not have this error before installing V2-2.2e. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Now I can go to the login box to sign in or register.

Site is loacated at.

Thanks.

blr044

If you installed 2-2.2e then I'd suggest you install 2.1d updated.

Fixed It. Some problem with the SEO Class file. Happened on another site with Version 2.1 . Replace the SEO Class file with one from a site which was working. No changes were made to the file in the package though

The reason you can't find anything is that this problem does not exist in 2.1d.

Reset your seo cache reset your categories cache.

I'm sorry, but I still have this problem. I did reset my seo cache and I enabled my categories cache (it was disabled), but nothing changes. Still '-c-1.html' and '-p-1.html' on the first page that a visitors sees and normal links on all next pages.

I'm sorry, but I still have this problem. I did reset my seo cache and I enabled my categories cache (it was disabled), but nothing changes. Still '-c-1.html' and '-p-1.html' on the first page that a visitors sees and normal links on all next pages.

Try this SEO Class file

http://www.western-webs.com/seo.class.php

made the difference for me!!

Fixed It. Some problem with the SEO Class file. Happened on another site with Version 2.1 . Replace the SEO Class file with one from a site which was working. No changes were made to the file in the package though

There is no problem with the seo class file.

In installing version 2-2.2e of SEO Ultimate. I was having problem in going from page one to two, three, etc from the catalog page. In this forum, it was suggested to remove and install v.2.1d update.

But created a another error message. Nothing found for my error message. If I click My Account or Checkout in the top navigation bar, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_snapshot() on a non-object in /XXXX/XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/account.php on line 16

and

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_snapshot() on a non-object in /xxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/checkout_shipping.php on line 18

I did not have this error before installing V2-2.2e. Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Now I can go to the login box to sign in or register.

Site is loacated at.

Thanks.

blr044

It seems to be ok now. Not even sure what the story was. I even cleared the cache and restarted browers

blr044

If i wanted to add the category name to the URL string, what would i have to do?

i.e: instead of

example.com/pair-of-brown-leather-shoes-p-26.html

would become

example.com/mens-shoes-c-2/pair-of-brown-leather-shoes-p-26.html

Im guessing i would have to edit both the tep_validate_seo_urls() function and the .htaccess file?

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Edited by davestacey

Hello,

I know theres another thread similar to this already but it doesnt answer my problems so i thought i would start a new thread.

Ok i have just installed Ultimate SEO URLSv21d and everything i think has gone ok with the uploads but when it came to the .htaccess file i didnt have one on my ftp so i created one and following the instructions it says ' you have to edit the "directory" to match your directory name '

I dont really know what that means i have tryed my URL address ftp address and osc.

When ever i do this i get a ' HTTP ERROR 500 ' message and cant access my site.

When i delete the add-on to the .htaccess file and just leave it as it was, I can then access my site and admin but when i click on a categorie or an item i then get a ' HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. '

message.

So now im really not sure what to do.

Please HELP i have been doing this all day and have gotten know where.

Cheers,

Paulie.

Hi.

I am having trouble with Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2

Here is how to recreate the problem

Install OSC 2.2 RC2a (locally with xampp)

Install Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2

Click DVD Movies > Action > Die Hard With A Vengeance > checkout

This works correctly and the DVD is added to the cart.

Click DVD Movies > Action > ‘Buy’ on any DVD

Your Shopping Cart is empty! The DVD is NOT added to the cart.

Ken.

I had the same error

test this:

in "xampp\htdocs\seo\includes\classes\seo.class.php"

FIND: line 729

return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($return));

CHANGE BY:

// return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($return));

// change for action buy

return(utf8_encode($return));

and , of course ... backup before !!

Hi.

I am having trouble with Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2

Here is how to recreate the problem

Install OSC 2.2 RC2a (locally with xampp)

Install Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d_UPDATED_1_2

Click DVD Movies > Action > Die Hard With A Vengeance > checkout

This works correctly and the DVD is added to the cart.

Click DVD Movies > Action > ‘Buy’ on any DVD

Your Shopping Cart is empty! The DVD is NOT added to the cart.

Ken.

Edited by vindex

I had the same error

test this:

in "xampp\htdocs\seo\includes\classes\seo.class.php"

FIND: line 729

return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($return));

CHANGE BY:

// return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($return));

// change for action buy

return(utf8_encode($return));

and , of course ... backup before !!

Well that has just destroyed the W3C functionality of USU.

The best solution I think is the includes/functions/general.php function tep_redirect() mod which str_replace(s) & with & prior to a redirect.

ok

here the fonction:

// Redirect to another page or site

function tep_redirect($url) {

if ( (strstr($url, "\n") != false) || (strstr($url, "\r") != false) ) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL', false));

}

if ( (ENABLE_SSL == true) && (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on') ) { // We are loading an SSL page

if (substr($url, 0, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)) == HTTP_SERVER) { // NONSSL url

$url = HTTPS_SERVER . substr($url, strlen(HTTP_SERVER)); // Change it to SSL

}

}

header('Location: ' . $url);

tep_exit();

}

how to change ? ... please :-"

Well that has just destroyed the W3C functionality of USU.

The best solution I think is the includes/functions/general.php function tep_redirect() mod which str_replace(s) & with & prior to a redirect.