• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I have installed chemos script a hundred times with no problems, i installed it yesterday and categories work fine, but the products page firefox gives me this error (page isnt redirecting properly) because i think there is something wrong in the url (amp) product_info.php?amp;products_id=1&osCsid=a927020497a918be862bdb2d401f5936

and does anyone know how to get rid of the csid? i think its because i have "force cookies" disabled, but if i enable it, no one w/ disabled cookies can access the site correct? What is the recommended value for "force cookies" enabled or disabled?

Thanks

Ok let me end this.

You have problems because you are using (and this is only my personal opinion) a pile of dogs droppings called CRE Loaded .. I had the misfortune of coming across this overloaded, badly scripted crap with a customer recently and in future would reject contracts related to "getting the thing to work" (at least if it related to large file contribs like SPPC etc).

He also had problems with SEO URLs .. and it was because .. wait for it .. YOU GUESSED .. hard coded bad coding in CRE Loaded .. in this case it was just & hardcoded into the files.

Here's what worked for him .. no guarantees but i wanted to offer you something.

Find in catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php

function href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true){

Change to ..

function href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL', $add_session_id = true){
			$parameters = str_replace('&', '&', $parameters); // Shouldn't really have to do this

good luck and please remember that on these forums you should not actually receive support as you are using a "fork".

Thanks,

I'll give your suggestion a try...

Hmmm, I've been using osCommerce since 2000!! and No, not CRE Loaded. I've also contributed much in the back side over these years without any recognition, but that does not affect my willingness to help others, and even still give bug fixes when I find them. I've just stopped suggesting new code additions or enhancements - but I really don't want to go there.

Now, let's look at your suggestion for a moment as this is a contribution that is being pushed hard at many osC users and trickles to the other "forks" as well...

If this is in-fact the solution, which it does seem to be at first glance, wouldn't it have been better coding practice to incorporate this? Or at least make a notation in the documentation that html special character codes are not included in the parsing functions of the contribution? Granted, maybe the better solution is to fix the special character use in the BTS template files, but without analyzing the entire contribution, you aren't going to catch that - I didn't.

Please don't take offense to the comments above as they are not intended to offend anyone, just trying to provide resolution and discussion.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your solution to the problem, it confirms my suspicions of the difficulties as well as my belief in the generosity of the users who support osC. I'll still have the issue with the sid being appended to the url, but haven't had to time to look into that either - any ideas?

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

Hi

Just installed the latest version of this contribution, but can not reach any product pages - the url is generated but error message says "The requested URL /catalog/index.php was not found on this server." My index.php lays in "catalog". It looks fine otherwise for pages which is not affected by the contribution. When disabling the contribution the error message says "wrong redirecting". I have the .htaccess in "catalog", and my site is in "domain.com/shop/catalog". I have "Header Tags for Novices" installed, and was recommended this contribution. Any idea where to look or solution?

Lollo

Hi

Just installed the latest version of this contribution, but can not reach any product pages - the url is generated but error message says "The requested URL /catalog/index.php was not found on this server." My index.php lays in "catalog". It looks fine otherwise for pages which is not affected by the contribution. When disabling the contribution the error message says "wrong redirecting". I have the .htaccess in "catalog", and my site is in "domain.com/shop/catalog". I have "Header Tags for Novices" installed, and was recommended this contribution. Any idea where to look or solution?

Lollo

I found my own mistake - "/catalog/" should be "/shop/catalog/"

Lollo

After installing, I am finding an interesting small thing when showing a product and switching from one language to another: the url (with its swedish/english name) is not changed until I klick the language button the second time, the first time it stays the previous language. Does anyone have an idea what can adjust this? I guess it has no negative affect though??

Thanks

Lollo

The newly installed contribution works when enabled, but when disabled, there is a redirect that doesn't work (Firefox and Explorer) and no page is shown - error message - do you know where to fix this and what to do?

Thanks

Lollo

The newly installed contribution works when enabled, but when disabled, there is a redirect that doesn't work (Firefox and Explorer) and no page is shown - error message - do you know where to fix this and what to do?

Thanks

Lollo

It's not designed to be turned off, either leave it on or uninstall it or you'll get yourself search engine penalties.

Aha, that explains it. Thank you. /Lollo

it can certainly be 'turned off' - simply retore the original html_output (tep_href_link function) - how SEs know you have ultimate seo urls installed, and/or have it disabled and not uninstalled?

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

it can certainly be 'turned off' - simply retore the original html_output (tep_href_link function) - how SEs know you have ultimate seo urls installed, and/or have it disabled and not uninstalled?

Ken

I didn't say it couldn't be uninstalled lol

and if you really wanted you can have both tep_href_link fuctions in html_output.php using an if ( is_object($seo_urls) elseif statement but why would you bother??

Edited by FWR Media

..why would you bother??

because we just seemed to be told quite recently SEs come with yellow/red cards and/or they hebave like traffic wardens coming around from no where issuing parking tickets! :lol:

Ken

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

because we just seemed to be told quite recently SEs come with yellow/red cards and/or they hebave like traffic wardens coming around from no where issuing parking tickets! :lol:

Ken

I had a ticket .. I did officer! <runs away>

Ken

Guys, your discussion is over my head - I am a novice in this - I understand that I either shall have it on, or uninstall: is that correct? Or is it any reason to keep it installed if I dont use it?

Lollo

Hi all,

Setup: OSC 2.2

Ultimate SEO 2.1d (latest upload)

Problems:

Manufacturer links not working - Gives just same 4 products, regardless of manufacture.

Next page button not working - as above

Details button not working - product not found. If you see the mouseover link (bottom of IE) the link is perfect, but when clicked it goes wrong.

If setting Ultimate SEO to off - everything works again.

Site: www.goodies.dk/shop

htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any hints? (I have tried the different fixes, no luck)

Bergmann

Hi all,

Setup: OSC 2.2

Ultimate SEO 2.1d (latest upload)

Problems:

Manufacturer links not working - Gives just same 4 products, regardless of manufacture.

Next page button not working - as above

Details button not working - product not found. If you see the mouseover link (bottom of IE) the link is perfect, but when clicked it goes wrong.

If setting Ultimate SEO to off - everything works again.

Site: www.goodies.dk/shop

htaccess:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /shop/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Any hints? (I have tried the different fixes, no luck)

Bergmann

It is in your code not the contribution ..

http://www.goodies.dk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=46

is redirecting to ..

http://www.goodies.dk/shop/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php

Also some variables are around the wrong way in the querystring .. is this a template? I've seen this a few times before and it was "designers" trying to play with code.

I have installed the Ultimate SEO, and have a problem with the manufacture drop down menu. It returns nothing.

My installation looks fine for categories, and for the manufacturer list URLs but the drop down menus don't work.

The issue is that the manufacturers select menu is generated with tep_draw_pull_down_menu() which must be modified.

Can anyone tell me what has to modified in this function to get it to work?

Thanks,

Paul

It is in your code not the contribution ..

http://www.goodies.dk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=46

is redirecting to ..

http://www.goodies.dk/shop/product_info.ph...roduct_info.php

Also some variables are around the wrong way in the querystring .. is this a template? I've seen this a few times before and it was "designers" trying to play with code.

I thought the same, but if you place the cursor over the link, it shows the correct one in the statusbar of IE. But when clicked it is being routed to the wrong adress. This must be the contrib or?

Thanks

Kenneth

I thought the same, but if you place the cursor over the link, it shows the correct one in the statusbar of IE. But when clicked it is being routed to the wrong adress. This must be the contrib or?

Thanks

Kenneth

another thing is that the code is nearly the same for add to basket and more detail:

<a href="'.tep_href_link("products_new.php","action=buy_now&products_id=".$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button('button_add_to_cart.gif').'</a><br>
											'.tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '1', '4').'<br>
											 <a href="'.tep_href_link('product_info.php?products_id='.$p_id).'">'.tep_image_button("button_details1.gif").'</a><br>

Both uses the $p_id bot the second link looses it.

Kenneth

Hello,

I suffer from the '2...3...Next Page' and 'sort' column product listing problem. Just keeps returning to page1 or unsorted listing.

These links do not work properly even though the URLs appear correct

ie ................ -m-15.html?sort=3a&page=1

I use version 2-2.2e?

Should I install version 2.1d?

I have noticed this has cropped up as a common problem but after trawling the forums cannot find a definite single answer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is there a final solution to this problem?

Many Thanks,

Shaun

Hello, I have installed the Ultimate SEO 2.1d, when customer makes a purchase it is not updated in the database and I can not see in administration panel.

What is the bug?

Regards

Edited by hostxxi

Hello,

I suffer from the '2...3...Next Page' and 'sort' column product listing problem. Just keeps returning to page1 or unsorted listing.

These links do not work properly even though the URLs appear correct

ie ................ -m-15.html?sort=3a&page=1

I use version 2-2.2e?

Should I install version 2.1d?

I have noticed this has cropped up as a common problem but after trawling the forums cannot find a definite single answer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is there a final solution to this problem?

Many Thanks,

Shaun

IS THIS A CURE ???

ref seo.class.php function Validatename around line 1036

line 1053 if (!empty($origUrl) && $id === $realID && $origUrl !== $url)

if $origUrl has any parameters then it will always be !==$url which causes a 301 / redirect to $url (minus any parameters) which then validates the next time around.

Therefore should the parameters be stripped away before comparison??

I have added the following

list($origUrl) = split('[?]', $origUrl);

at approx line 1038 after $origUrl = strip_tags($this->requested_page());

All the 'sort', 'filters' and 'next page' links all now work. My test site works perfectly.

As I am not 100% familiar with seo.class.php will this cause problems elsewhere ??

I still cannot get this contribution to work.

I have looked at httpd.conf and made sure the right rules were set and my host confirmed that they were as well.

If I use this .htaccess, I get Internal Server Error:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

If I use this .htaccess (with "Options +FollowSymLinks" commented out), I don't get the server error, but products kick back a 4040 error:

# Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

My store is in the root directory. Register_globals is on. Is there anything else that I can look at to get this working? Or something else I can confirm with the host? Is it possible I missed something else in the install that would return these errors?

I still cannot get this contribution to work.

I have looked at httpd.conf and made sure the right rules were set and my host confirmed that they were as well.

If I use this .htaccess, I get Internal Server Error:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

If I use this .htaccess (with "Options +FollowSymLinks" commented out), I don't get the server error, but products kick back a 4040 error:

# Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

My store is in the root directory. Register_globals is on. Is there anything else that I can look at to get this working? Or something else I can confirm with the host? Is it possible I missed something else in the install that would return these errors?

Try httpd.conf

AllowOverride ALL

Edited by FWR Media

Try httpd.conf

AllowOverride ALL

Like I said, I'm pretty sure everything is set with httpd.conf. I've looked at it and the host insists that everything I need in there is set.

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo", 
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
   AllowOverride All

#
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteMap LeechProtect prg:/usr/local/cpanel/bin/leechprotect
</IfModule>

LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/mod_rewrite.so

What else can I do? Is there any other step in the installation that would cause the same errors if I did it incorrectly? From what I understand, it has to be in .htaccess or the server config, but maybe I don't understand properly. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help either way. I'd really like this to work, and I'm guessing that I would have similar luck with SEO-G, too, since it relies on .htaccess and rewrites, as well.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure everything is set with httpd.conf. I've looked at it and the host insists that everything I need in there is set.

You keep saying "everything is fine my end" but it is NOT.

Your server is not allowing simple .htaccess rewrites.

Thousands use this contrib with no problems so I'm afraid you'll have to focus your attention in your own camp because this is not a bug of ULTIMATE SEO URLs.

Hope that clarifies.