• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

First of all I want to say that I think this is a great contribution. Thanks so much!! However, I just installed it. When I go to admin and try to go to categories/Products I get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_seo_url' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_seo_url, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

Is there something that I did wrong? Can anyone help me out here. I am relatively new to php and OSC

Thanks

Lionel

Hey friends,

When i try to go to my store catalog/index.php in a browser guys while on my localhost i get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_image() in C:\Program Files\xampp\oscommerce\catalog\includes\header.php on line 88

Which refer's to this piece of code

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Anyone got any idea's ???

Thanks in advance

hello guys..

thanx for great contribution..

but im facing a problem in here

and the thing is...

when i enable this contribution and buy any product.. it does not add the order into admin order area.. i mean im not able to see the orders made!!

but when i disable this contribution.. everything is working fine.. it is posting order in backend..

and

i was using IE7 and processed my order.. it was successfully ordered.. but it is not appearing in the backend as well as when i am now loggin back in on firefox.. order is still there in the cart!!

i mean cart was suppose to be empty now.. but my order is still there!!!

wht am i doing wrong because of which order are not placed for admins to see?

please help me on this asap...

thanx in advance

Edited by nahi_sonu

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Im in to my store but none of the product links are working. Any ideas ???

My static pages are working like about us and conditions ect.....

Just got no products showing all im getting is

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

Can you guys help ??

Keith

Im in to my store but none of the product links are working. Any ideas ???

My static pages are working like about us and conditions ect.....

Just got no products showing all im getting is

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

Can you guys help ??

Keith

posting your site would help

Hi,

Could some one please show me how to change the way that my url's are displayed.

At the moment the url only is only displaying either the category you are viewing or the product you are viewing.

I would like the url to look something like :

www.myshop.co.uk/category/product.html

I beleive it can be done but can not find how to make it happen!

many thanks,

anthony

Its not online its on my localhost

There we go :-)

I would try on a real server first before you assume it's not working.

Do you have an .htaccess file for your local server with RewriteEngine On?

Hi,

Could some one please show me how to change the way that my url's are displayed.

At the moment the url only is only displaying either the category you are viewing or the product you are viewing.

I would like the url to look something like :

www.myshop.co.uk/category/product.html

I beleive it can be done but can not find how to make it happen!

many thanks,

anthony

I don't think Chemo's mod is set to display urls like this. This one might do it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5080

hello guys..

thanx for great contribution..

but im facing a problem in here

and the thing is...

when i enable this contribution and buy any product.. it does not add the order into admin order area.. i mean im not able to see the orders made!!

but when i disable this contribution.. everything is working fine.. it is posting order in backend..

and

i was using IE7 and processed my order.. it was successfully ordered.. but it is not appearing in the backend as well as when i am now loggin back in on firefox.. order is still there in the cart!!

i mean cart was suppose to be empty now.. but my order is still there!!!

wht am i doing wrong because of which order are not placed for admins to see?

please help me on this asap...

thanx in advance

any replies?

outside links are not allowed in signatures

I don't think Chemo's mod is set to display urls like this. This one might do it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5080

QUOTE(Fourbit @ Jan 17 2005, 12:50 AM)

PS. One more thing.

Would it be possible to put the category name in front of the product name? Like /osc222/category-name/hardware-keyboards.html ?

You can put anything you want in there before the -c-XXX.html as that is the important part. You could use /pink-bunnies-are-cute-c-1_8.html and it will pull up the same page. That's the flexibility of the contribution...you can modify it easily to fit your tasts

Hi again, this was a question put to chemo in another thread, and his response to the question, If i am reading correctly he is saying that it can be done (maybe it requires a lot of work though!)

Any idea if I can install the other contrib (seo-g) on top of my current install which currently has seo-urls installed, and also what would happen to the links currently on record with the search engines?

Many thanks for your help,

anthony

Hey Guys ! Can any of you fantastic people in here help me ???

None of my product pages are working its sending me to this webpage http://oscommerce.local/catalog/blabla-lolol-c-1_53.html which is good but its not showing the page all im getting is this :

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Error 404

So im guessing it has something to do with .htaccess but i think its set up ok in .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

Has anyone got any ideas ive had the problem for nearly two weeks now

Please help if you can !

Hello everyone

I have got ultimate seo working but i have a some t-shirt customising software as an addon to oscommerce and i need to change the links on the product page at the moment the code is like this on the product_info.php page

if ((tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],1))||(tep_get_crbu_status((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'],2)))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_LOGO,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_image.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

if (tep_get_crbu_status((int)$product_info['products_id'],3))

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIRT_TEXT,'products_id='.(int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_text.jpg', '', '', '', 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '</a><br>';

}

which gives me this web addy

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/logo.php/products_id/98 (adding logo)

and this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/shirt_text.php/products_id/98 (adding text)

but i need to change the above to these

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/yoko-hivis-...tcoat-l-98.html (adding logo)

and this

http://www.parakeetprint.co.uk/yoko-hivis-...coat-tx-98.html (adding text)

it seams simple but i dont want to change the wrong code

FILENAME_SHIRT_TEXT = shirt_text.php in filenames.php

FILENAME_SHIRT_LOGO = logo.php

i basicly need to have an L or tx in place of the p in the address bar the mod re-write works but the links on my website still go back to products_id/98 etc.

Can someone please help i am so stuck now and also when someone signs in it comes up with unable to determine link but does log them in and on my testimonials page when someone clicks submit it comes up with the same. I think i need someone to guide me or for me to pay them to do it.

None of my product pages are working its sending me to this webpage http://oscommerce.local/catalog/blabla-lolol-c-1_53.html which is good but its not showing the page all im getting is this :

Object not found!

Error 404

So im guessing it has something to do with .htaccess but i think its set up ok in .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

Please help if you can !

I have the same problem... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ian Osos

Web Developer

Hi

I would like to change some of my product names. As the url has the product name init and then I change the product name i will create duplicat content

Is there anyway in wich i can change the product name and 301 rewrite the ols url to the new one so i do not create duplicat content

Thanks for any help

Hi

I would like to change some of my product names. As the url has the product name init and then I change the product name i will create duplicat content

Is there anyway in wich i can change the product name and 301 rewrite the ols url to the new one so i do not create duplicat content

Thanks for any help

for each product, you have to add these lines in your htaccess file:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.yourdomain.com/the-old-product-url.html$
RewriteRule (.*) http://www. yourdomain.com/the-new-product-url.html$1 [R=301,L]

Note* This .htaccess method of redirection works ONLY on Linux servers having the Apache Mod-Rewrite moduled enabled.

Edited by pixclinic

Hi

I've installed this contribution in a test enviroment and it works well, but I do have a couple of minor problems. Please can somebody help me?

i)

In the admin section, when SEO URLs is enabled, The number of records of 'Whos Online' is massive 100+ records, for 1 person (me) online. Is this normal and to be expected???

ii)

Our site is already indexed in Search Engines, and for any pages that are rewritten I need them to still be accessessible. When option "Enable automatic redirects?" is set, old urls are redirected, but the filter on the product listing page (manufacturer filter), does not work? If a manufacturer is selected the site returns to the home page.

How can I resolve this?

Please can some kind soul give me some advice?

Many Thanks

Neil

QUOTE(joebloggs @ Sep 24 2007, 11:40 AM)

Object not found!

Error 404

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

Please help if you can !

I have the same problem... anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I do also have the same problem!

PLS help!!!

I never received an answer on this:

I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs but I have a problem:

Under both categories and products I do not have the ability to enter custom URL's in admin. That option does not appear under categoreis or products.

I ran the database query and verified that the additional fields are in the database.

I did all the edits per the install instructions including additional_install_instructions.txt.