• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

HELP HELP HELP! Just installed Ultimate SEO Urls on www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk and now NO ORDERS ARE BEING ACCEPTED!

It seems to give all potential orders the number 0 and no billing or delivery address info is visible!!!!!

Please can anyone help, we cannot take any orders while this is like it is

Also your re-written URLS are failing

https://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/produc...ackrest+for+E26

The requested URL /product/10487/Givi+Backrest+for+E26 was not found on this server.

In the OSC Admin control panel in the Configuration section, you should have a SEO Urls item, turn off SEO urls and see if things better ?

I've just had a look at SEO-G as well.

I'm new to osC, so I am wondering whether I should be using SEO-G or Ultimate SEO URLs?

They both end up doing the same sort of thing, making URLs more friendly, I can only say that I use ultimate seo urls and it works :)

What is the support traffic like in the SEO-G contrib ?

Also your re-written URLS are failing

https://www.motorbikesandparts.co.uk/produc...ackrest+for+E26

The requested URL /product/10487/Givi+Backrest+for+E26 was not found on this server.

In the OSC Admin control panel in the Configuration section, you should have a SEO Urls item, turn off SEO urls and see if things better ?

I have disabled it temporarly on the HTTPS server but not the HTTP, otherwise no one could place any orders. If you browse the HTTP only then all the seo urls work. but if you turn on seo urls on the https, the urls work, but no orders can be processed

I have disabled it temporarly on the HTTPS server but not the HTTP, otherwise no one could place any orders. If you browse the HTTP only then all the seo urls work. but if you turn on seo urls on the https, the urls work, but no orders can be processed

Its now fixed, I had to change the tep_href to be differnt on the HTTPS server.

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to work this problem out for months with no success, really hope someone here might be able to enlighten me if this can never be fixed, or if there is some way to fix it.

My problem is 301 redirects from SEO URLs to SEO URLs. It’s the problem that SEO url will allow two SEO urls to exist at the same time. Below is an example of what I mean, and what it looks like if I do a htaccess 301 re-direct.

Old URL

wiikey-xenowii-p-196.html

New URL

wiikey-mod-chip-p-196.html

SEO url does not have redirects for that old url and allows both to exist at one time, and when I do a manual 301 redirect from that old url to the new one, this is what it looks like.

New URL after being redirected from the old url with htaccess 301

wiikey-mod-chip-p-196.html?product_id=196

As you can see this creates a duplicate content problem right away. I can't redirect any of the older SEO urls to new ones as it drops the ?product_id=196 onto the url.

Really hope someone out there knows what might be the problem, it's starting to drive me nuts. :)

Edited by davegamer101

Hi, I've been running Ult SEO URLs for awhile now and it has been great. Recently, we decided that we needed all instances of domain.com to go to www.domain.com. We discovered you do this through the rewrite in the htaccess file. My problem is how to combine the rewrite for moving the domain and the rewrite for SEO URL. The look like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.triodisplay.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.triodisplay.com/$1 [L,R=301]

The big problem is having two RewriteBase. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Have 2 .htaccess files one in the root / for the domain.com to www.domain.com and the other in the catalog directory for the url-product re-writes ?

Hi, I've been running Ult SEO URLs for awhile now and it has been great. Recently, we decided that we needed all instances of domain.com to go to www.domain.com. We discovered you do this through the rewrite in the htaccess file. My problem is how to combine the rewrite for moving the domain and the rewrite for SEO URL. The look like this:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-(.*).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-(.*).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-(.*).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-(.*).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-(.*).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-(.*).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-(.*).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

The big problem is having two RewriteBase. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure if this is totally down to ultimate SEO, because when i disable ultimate SEO, my site stops working.

The links revert back to the way they were before i installed ultimate SEO:

http://www.zappelectricals.com/product_inf...products_id=104 but it takes ages to load and then fails with the following error.

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

So i really have two problems.

1) reviews not displaying correctly

2) cant disable Ultimate SEO.

I can help you with problem number 2. All you have to do is make sure "Enable automatic redirects?" and "Enable SEO URLs?" are both set to false. Also clear your cache.

Regards,

Robert

Have 2 .htaccess files one in the root / for the domain.com to www.domain.com and the other in the catalog directory for the url-product re-writes ?

This is currently what I have. The domain redirects fine in every page except the catalog pages where it doesn't work at all. It seems like the catalog htaccess overwrites the one at root level.

Shade and Sweet Water

Chris Czerniak

Thanks, that has proved that SEO is not the cause of the problem, it does the same with or without SEO enabled.

I can help you with problem number 2. All you have to do is make sure "Enable automatic redirects?" and "Enable SEO URLs?" are both set to false. Also clear your cache.

Regards,

Robert

zappautomation

How about just adding those lines from the root level .htaccess to the one in catalog/ ?

Just a guess :)

This is currently what I have. The domain redirects fine in every page except the catalog pages where it doesn't work at all. It seems like the catalog htaccess overwrites the one at root level.

For anyone having problems with product URLs from categories appearing like amp;product_info, this is why.

You are using the standard & for all instances of & in catalog/includes/module/product_listing_col.php or product_listing.php file.

Simply replace all instances of "&" with the non-compliant "&" on this page and Ultimate SEO URLs will work for your product listings.

The caveat is that if you turn off Ultimate SEO URLs, your pages with product listings are nolonger W3C compliant.

Hopefully, this posting can help anyone who was having the same problem.

Perhaps some can suggest a way to make URLs that are already W3C compliant with "&" work for Ultimate URLS product listings natively.

Thanks,

Question: Can category names be added to products?

Curently, I have "Add category parent to begining of URLs" enabled, and such the names of categories are added to parents. For example, Fruits-red or fruits-yellow.

What I'm wondering is if categories can also be added to products so I can URLs like have fruits-yellow-banana?

My SEO urls have quit working on the category pages. They still work on the product pages and every where else. It appears the "index.php" page is not contained in the SEO_Pages array. The code that creates the initial array is untouched. Can anyone give me pointers on what would remove the default_filename from the array?

thanks in advance,

jeff

It is amazing what you can do with osCommerce. You just have to get in there and have some fun.

www.the-wedding-printer.com. Currently using OsC with .....will have to add all of contributions in use someday.

Never mind.....fixed it. My filenames.php file had a corrupted row on the filename_default. restored file and it worked great........

some wacky ion caused by global warming and martians flipped a bad bit....

have a great day...

jeff

My SEO urls have quit working on the category pages. They still work on the product pages and every where else. It appears the "index.php" page is not contained in the SEO_Pages array. The code that creates the initial array is untouched. Can anyone give me pointers on what would remove the default_filename from the array?

thanks in advance,

jeff

It is amazing what you can do with osCommerce. You just have to get in there and have some fun.

www.the-wedding-printer.com. Currently using OsC with .....will have to add all of contributions in use someday.

hello, i really am stuck with this. i cannot work it out. PLEASE HELP!

when in the original store and clicking the left manufactures drop down box and choosing a manufacturer the url should take you to:

www.store.com/store/microsoft-m-94.html?osCsid=aa3d374a3b7e2abd89dfab3369626694

but what my store does is take me to:

www.store.com/store/microsoft/

i can not work out how to fix this. what is the controler of this? where can i start looking?

i am running SEO, latest install.

PLEASE HELP.

okay.. can i ask a quick question to everyone?

How does ultimate SEO perform the actual redirects once a category or page name has been changed etc? The redirects aspect of my site doesnt work, even though the script is 100% correct. I think its down to sever settings..

So, does it add a 301 in the htaccess? does it create a page with the old name, but with a 404? help !

Your knowledge requested

Having installed the contribution I have found that none of the following functions are working.

add to cart / proceed to checkout / email a friend, etc.

Visit My Website

Please could someone offer advice, as to what is the likely cause and what action I should take to rectify the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Please help. Site is down after installing SEO URLs.

Works perfectly on every page until I go to "my account" or "cart" and the server switches to an ssl connection. Then I get an error like..

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.... etc.

I was thinking it was an .htaccess probelm but I can't quite figure it out. I searched this thread and have seen the problem come up but no answers. Please help if anyone knows whats wrong.

In the event that someone else has this problem I got it figured out. It is a server issue where the mod_rewrite.so is not loaded correctly on the secure side during the install of apache. I got it tracked down with help from my hosting company that houses my server (alabanza). Here is what the tech said he did, spelled out, step by step.

Added the followin lines to /usr/local/apache-ssl/conf/modules in the right place.

One goes at the bottom of the LoadModule section

> # Load mod_rewrite

> LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/mod_rewrite.so

The other goes at the bottom of the AddModule section

> AddModule mod_rewrite.c

The sections are fairly obvious.

Then an apache reload to bring in the new module:

]# /usr/local/bin/httpd.reload --restart

Hope this helps someone else that has this problem.

Can somebody please help . im tearing my hair out at the moment, im gettin this error

Warning: include_once(includes/classes/seo.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 160

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/classes/seo.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Program Files\xampp\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 160

Fatal error: Class 'SEO_URL' not found in C:\Program Files\xampp\oscommerce\catalog\admin\includes\application_top.php on line 163

which refers to

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

// Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1

if (SEO_ENABLED == 'true' or (SEO_ENABLED != 'true' and SEO_ENABLED != 'false')) {

include_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'seo.class.php');

if ( !is_object($seo_urls) )

{

$seo_urls = new SEO_URL($languages_id);

}

}

$current_page = basename($PHP_SELF);

if (file_exists(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $current_page)) {

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $current_page);

}

Can somebody please help me !!!!!

help anyone ?? please

i got this error when trying to open catalog\index.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_image() in C:\Program Files\xampp\oscommerce\catalog\includes\header.php on line 88

which leads to :

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

and got this one when opening the admin side

which leads to :

<td class="headerBarContent">  <?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_ADMINISTRATION . '</a>  |  <a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link() . '" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_ONLINE_CATALOG . '</a>  |  <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com" class="headerLink">' . HEADER_TITLE_SUPPORT_SITE . '</a>'; ?></td>

Please help me guys

PLEASE Guys

help anyone ?? ...

tep_image function is defined in html_output.php under (catalog)/includes/functions/, so take a look at that file to see what may be wrong there.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.