• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hi.

As someone stated above, this might allready been addressed before but since it´s 103 pages to go through I don´t find a solution for this.

I have installed the Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da_1_2 and also replaced the SEO.Class with this version seo.class_1_2.

I have, a small problem, When I open the index-page everything looks great but as soon as i click a category or a product I get a page cannot be found error.

This even though the url has changed to the right NEW url, but it seems that it doesn´t connect the new url to the page but only shows the url...

I do also get an error in the admin tool when trying to reset the cache, it say something like unexpected error, expected cache catalog or something like that.

I have an early version of Header Tags installed, don´t know if this makes a difference.

I have also added this part of code that I found somewhere in here:

in admin/categories.php just before the >?

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); 
function tep_get_products_seo_url($product_id, $language_id = 0) {
global $languages_id;

if ($language_id == 0) $language_id = $languages_id;
$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_seo_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");
$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

return $product['products_seo_url'];
 }

Please help!

I cannot do this by myself and right now I just can´t use SEO URLs...

Hi.

This is the php warning I get in the SEO part of the admin panel, it shows the panel allright but this line is in the bottom of the page:

PHP Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in C:\Webs\LocalUser\webname\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1199

This is the code from general.php (line 1199 is in bold style):

// Returns the tax rate for a tax class

// TABLES: tax_rates

function tep_get_tax_rate_value($class_id) {

$tax_query = tep_db_query("select SUM(tax_rate) as tax_rate from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " where tax_class_id = '" . (int)$class_id . "' group by tax_priority");

if (tep_db_num_rows($tax_query)) {

$tax_multiplier = 0;

while ($tax = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_query)) {

$tax_multiplier += $tax['tax_rate'];

}

return $tax_multiplier;

} else {

return 0;

}

}

function tep_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {

if ($object == '') {

return call_user_func($function, $parameter);

} elseif (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

return call_user_method($function, $object, $parameter);

} else {

return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);

}

}

Still no luck with The Page cannot be found problem, the old urls work but not the new ones, even though it shows up allright in the url window it doesn´t display anything... :'(

Please, I´m very open for suggestions...

Please help. Site is down after installing SEO URLs.

Works perfectly on every page until I go to "my account" or "cart" and the server switches to an ssl connection. Then I get an error like..

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.... etc.

I was thinking it was an .htaccess probelm but I can't quite figure it out. I searched this thread and have seen the problem come up but no answers. Please help if anyone knows whats wrong.

I have searched all day on this and cannot come up with anything. I have found some others having the same problem but no solution. Only getting the server error on secure pges with SEO installed but everything else working fine.

For now I just removed the .htaccess and turned it off in the back end. If someone has had this problem before and can shed some light on it I would love to be able to install this cont.

Hi im new to this... i want to know how can this generate more visitors to a website... I install it but i still dont get the point... I mean do you have to install it and do somethign else or leave it like that?.. also In the Admin area, whenever u add a product there a place where it said SEO Url.. how I am supose to know my product SEO URL???

I feel like this is useless... My rank was #1 in msn, yahoo, msn... before adding this contribution... and now im like in #9.. and my description in google change...now my meta description dosent make sense anymore...

Dont get me wrong I just want to understand the fonction of this contribution...

thank you

Jayden

Hi all !

This one looks a great contrib, but there are so many mods, I dont know what to download, how to install...

Would someone please upload a working, full package ?

Many thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Hi again.

I have now re-downloaded the Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da_1_2 and re-installed it.

Just to make sure I didn´t do anything wrong the last time.

I have also added the parent_category_in_links seo_class.php

I have since then got rid of my error :

PHP Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls): First argument is expected to be a valid callback in C:\Webs\LocalUser\webname\catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 1199

But I still get page cannot be displayed when trying to go to products or categories from the index page. It works fine if I turn of Ultimate SEO URLs but not with it switched on..

My webhost is runnig this on Windows NT WEB2 5.2 build 3790.

I have tried with both of the attached .htaccess files and also tried to add /catalog/ or try without but nothing of that seems to make a difference.

my shop is in the root.

The new url´s shows upp perfectly allright it´s just the simple fact that the page is not displayed.

Anyone has any suggestions?

I have read through ALL the 103 pages of this thread and seen other people with the same problem, it might be me, but I haven´t seen the answer anywhere..

PLEASE if anyone can help me with this I would be most gratefull!!!!

Sincerly

//Talle

Edited by Talle

Hi again.

I have now re-downloaded the Ultimate_SEO_URLsv21da_1_2 and re-installed it.

Just to make sure I didn´t do anything wrong the last time.

I have also added the parent_category_in_links seo_class.php

I have since then got rid of my error :

But I still get page cannot be displayed when trying to go to products or categories from the index page. It works fine if I turn of Ultimate SEO URLs but not with it switched on..

My webhost is runnig this on Windows NT WEB2 5.2 build 3790.

I have tried with both of the attached .htaccess files and also tried to add /catalog/ or try without but nothing of that seems to make a difference.

my shop is in the root.

The new url´s shows upp perfectly allright it´s just the simple fact that the page is not displayed.

Anyone has any suggestions?

I have read through ALL the 103 pages of this thread and seen other people with the same problem, it might be me, but I haven´t seen the answer anywhere..

PLEASE if anyone can help me with this I would be most gratefull!!!!

Sincerly

//Talle

I ran into this problem this morning. I checked to make sure I had edited admin/includes/functions/general.php in step 4 and found I had missed it somehow. error went away.

Thank Eastwood for you reply.

I have double checked and I have pasted the code before the ending ?>

One thing I have to admit though is that I have not a clue about what this means: N.B. Admin general.php file I have not done the same thing outside the admin area.. is that something I should do?

I have this issue which i didnt see before

all the site urls are now working as .html which is brill but the page title is either not showing the product name just blank or showing the site title also the categories just show site title and not name of category.

I have tried this code to get over the above but its not working, it did before i installed seo urls

<title><?php echo $products_name; ?></title>

Any ideas?

also i like to have meta tags to work with seo url i have tried the below code again it worked before adding the seo urls

<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo $products_name; ?>">

<meta name="description" content="<?php echo $products_name; ?>">

if i could get something like this to work i would be very happy, i guess like everyone!.

Thank for any help.

Andy

My Website is parakeetprint.co.uk so you can see whats happening

Hi,

I posted about a week ago trying to troubleshoot the fallowing error:

Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

Since then I have spent endless hours trying to troubleshoot this with no success. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

other thing,

when i open my webpage www.xxxxxxx.com, the first category i click shows normal url

http://nogueira.visual-fusion.org/bodies-c...0dd8de456ef9ce1

When i click secont time it shows the url i want.

http://nogueira.visual-fusion.org/bodies-c-27.html

What could it be?

Thanks

phpsurfer

I had the same problem and while surfing this thread (all 100 pages of it)... i saw many more had the same problem..

I found a solution(worked for me)..

I forced the use of cookies...

Admin -> Session -> Force Cookie Use True

This made sure that the oscid did not show up in the URL, which meant that Ultimate SEO (big thanks Chemo) did it's thing perfectly... even the first time..

If it does work for anybody else.. do post here...

Cheers..

Jack

Edited by jackanderson

Converge

Hi,

I posted about a week ago trying to troubleshoot the fallowing error:

Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

Since then I have spent endless hours trying to troubleshoot this with no success. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this page mate...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=271763

lemme know if it helped...

Cheers..

Jack

Converge

I have installed SEO URLs and when I set "enable SEO URLs to "True" I can get on my main store page but I can't get to any other pages. It just sits there like its trying to find the page but won't. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thnx

David

I have installed SEO URLs and when I set "enable SEO URLs to "True" I can get on my main store page but I can't get to any other pages. It just sits there like its trying to find the page but won't. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thnx

David

Does it throw up some error? Why don't you post URL.. or if you need privacy PM the URL.. I'll let you know when I take a look.

Cheers..

Jack

Converge

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 is available for download.</span>

Hi

I've installed this and now when I go to my catalog in admin I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1181

Any ideas?

I've installed it on two sites and have the same problems on both.

I was installing on a modified store so used a diff/merge program, I made all the changes to lines which included SEO in them

Thanks

Lotti

Hi

I've installed this and now when I go to my catalog in admin I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1181

Any ideas?

I've installed it on two sites and have the same problems on both.

I was installing on a modified store so used a diff/merge program, I made all the changes to lines which included SEO in them

Thanks

Lotti

Lotti,

What changes did you do on your admin/categories php?

~

Jack

Converge

Lotti,

What changes did you do on your admin/categories php?

~

Jack

I have gone through again and put in all the changes, but still get an error. I have Header Tags installed so can't just upload the file.

The line it mentions has no code so I'm really confused.

Many thanks Lotti

I have gone through again and put in all the changes, but still get an error. I have Header Tags installed so can't just upload the file.

The line it mentions has no code so I'm really confused.

Many thanks Lotti

Perhaps if someone has this working with Header Tags they could send me their categories.php file?

Or tell me how they installed.

I'm a bit desperate as now I can't add or remove anything from my catalog

Thanks

Lotti