• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Hello,

I am using Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs.

I am trying to use the custom product URL yesudo added and while it works, it removes the dashes I put in the name.

For example, if I put in "bob-is-your-uncle" in the Products SEO URL you get something like bobisyouruncle-p-31.html for the output.

I have tried underscores and equal signs, all of these extended characters are removed. I am using pretty much the default settings (except I have turned off the case for testing),

I verified that in the admin that "Remove all non-alphanumeric characters?" is set to false, but even the function strip (in seo_class.php) it looks like the default replacement character is "-".

As I was writing researching this point I found a work-around to get it to work. Ok. maybe this is how it is designed, I do not know, but I thought I would share in case anyone else had the problem.

Use a space character instead of the dash.

For example:

bob-is-your-uncle => bobisyouruncle-p-31.html

bob is your uncle => bob-is-your-uncle-p-31.html

- Roger

I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs but I have a problem:

Under both categories and products I do not have the ability to enter custom URL's in admin. That option does not appear under categoreis or products.

I ran the database query and verified that the additional fields are in the database.

I did all the edits per the install instructions including additional_install_instructions.txt.

Hello all,

I have read in the thread that there have been some issues with using Ultimate SEO URLs with Gift Vouchers contributions. All of the issues have to do with not getting the coupon codes to redeem. Ours seem to work fine. Our issue however is with checkout_success.php getting an error

0-

insert into sales_orders.php values (3,0)

[TEP STOP]

has anyone experienced/addressed this issue?

Thank you

Jeff

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with the "buy now" button, but only with certain contributions. I've trawled through this thread and others but can't find an answer (or maybe after the 100th page, my eyes glazed over and I missed it).

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2823) as uploaded by yesudo on the 29th of November 2006. All works great in terms of conversion to nice URLs. However, I am having some problems getting it to co-operate with a couple other contributions. These are the "star products" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2255) and "X-Sell v2-MS2" (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1415) contributions.

Both these contributions use the "buy now" button. The "star products" contribution plonks a box onto the site's main page with a blurb about the product and a buy now button. Clicking the buy now button correctly adds the product to the cart, and takes you to the cart to see the added product. However, clicking on the "continue shopping" button here results in the browser sitting and waiting. IE sits forever, and firefox does eventually produce this: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

At first I thought it was something I'd done, as I've heavily customised my site. So I decided to set up a completely vanilla site (http://test.maxxxie.net) with the standard osC installation, followed by ultimate SEOs then star product. The same problem occurs. It attempts to return the shopper to a link such as http://test.maxxxie.net/index.php?osCsid=6...;products_id=23 - which never goes anywhere. I've noticed that the x-sell contribution produces this type of link as well (I've not installed x-sell on the test site BTW, just star products).

My solution thus far has been to remove the buy now buttons from both contributions until this is resolved, but I don't see this as a permanent fix. I did try scotspaul's idea (see the x-sell link) but it didn't help.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I'm just about ready to tear my hair out!

Max

Hey Max,

Had a similar problem as i use the wolfen featured sets and realised that all my "buy now" buttons on the homepage were basically going nowhere and giving a 404 not found error. Its odd as the buy now buttons in the reviews section were still working fine but i note that they use a slightly different routine.

My fix was to simply turn off automatic redirects in the SEO url config page and voila all my buy now buttons now work correctly.

If anyone has a fix for this that i have missed would love to see it!

Hope this helps someone - not exactly a fix but will give you your buttons back.

Cheers

And with a 9 in 10 search rate success the no.1 returned Oscommerce forum hit:

"The administrator has enabled flood control - please try again in 30 seconds."

Never fails.

Every time.

Has Chemo (author of this mod) really been banned? Why does it say that under his name? I cant wait for v3 of this mod and cant understand why a talented coder like Chemo would be banned????

Edited by sonictrip.net

Hello all,

I have read in the thread that there have been some issues with using Ultimate SEO URLs with Gift Vouchers contributions. All of the issues have to do with not getting the coupon codes to redeem. Ours seem to work fine. Our issue however is with checkout_success.php getting an error

0-

insert into sales_orders.php values (3,0)

[TEP STOP]

has anyone experienced/addressed this issue?

Thank you

Jeff

In response to my own question, It appears as if the create_account.php fix posted in the contribution by osicommerce fixed our issue as well.

in includes/functions/database.php
find tep_db_insert_id function near 110
and replace function to:

function tep_db_insert_id( $link = 'db_link') {
global $$link;
return mysql_insert_id($$link);
}

Hello,

I having problems with special character conversion.

My adress shows www.xxxxxx.com\acessórios-c-26.html, and i want to change ó to ó.

I choose "Enter special character conversions", and write ó=>ó, but nothing change.

How can i solve this problem?

Thanks

phpsurfer

I have installed Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs but I have a problem:

Under both categories and products I do not have the ability to enter custom URL's in admin. That option does not appear under categoreis or products.

I ran the database query and verified that the additional fields are in the database.

I did all the edits per the install instructions including additional_install_instructions.txt.

"Enable automatic redirects?

Default Setting: true

This setting enables/disables the automatic 301 header redirect logic. This sends a moved permanent header for all old URLs to the new ones. This setting is highly recommended for stores that have already been indexed by spiders. "

I have a new shop. Should i set automatic redirects to true?

thanks

phpsurfer

My adress shows www.xxxxxx.com\acessórios-c-26.html, and i want to change ó to ó.

I choose "Enter special character conversions", and write ó=>ó, but nothing change.

How can i solve this problem?

Hi,

First of all, you do not want that:

i want to change ó to ó.

You want this:

ó=>o

Also, I discovered to see a change, I had to empty the seo cache :rolleyes:

==>Near bottom in admin : Reset SEO URLs Cache

Set it to true. The cache will be reset and it will automatically go back to false.

-i.

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

I am having a problem. I just noticed it today when I went to look at my log.

There are both

/catalog/used-books-c-170.html

and this

/catalog/usedbooks-c-170.html

in my log.

I haven't changed anything. It just decided to change on its own.

This happened on all my items and categories.

The problem is is that this is duplicate content. Why would the contribution do this?

Here is another example:

/catalog/brandnewclearancebooks-c-173.html

/catalog/brand-newclearance-books-c-173.html

I need to get this fixed as soon as possible so please help.

Hey Max,

Had a similar problem as i use the wolfen featured sets and realised that all my "buy now" buttons on the homepage were basically going nowhere and giving a 404 not found error. Its odd as the buy now buttons in the reviews section were still working fine but i note that they use a slightly different routine.

My fix was to simply turn off automatic redirects in the SEO url config page and voila all my buy now buttons now work correctly.

If anyone has a fix for this that i have missed would love to see it!

Hope this helps someone - not exactly a fix but will give you your buttons back.

Cheers

Hey Bozmium, sorry I didn't reply earlier - I've been travelling and haven't had time to even look at these forums. Guess what - that sorted it! Thanks very much! :D

But of course, I have to wonder now what effect disabling the redirects has. My understanding is that it exists for stores that had been spidered prior to installation of Ultimate SEOs - so that the old sitename.com/products_info.php?products_id=12345 that was in the search engine index would be re-entered in as the proper sitename.com/product-name.html entry. Is there any harm in leaving the redirects off? Or is the preferred method to have the redirects on (and to fix whatever has broken the buy now code)?

Cheers, and thanks once again,

Max

I have not received a response on this-any suggestions?

Checked the se.class.php file and it refererd to IPU db tables as "info_title" wich is now "information_title", renamed the occurances in the file but still no dice!

You were very close. Just change languages_id to language_id in the same SQL query and you're done.

I've just uploaded a fix to the contribution section.

Hi All,

I have the SEO Ultimate Urls installed with Header Tags Controller, contributions.

When I turn OFF SEO urls in the Admin panel, the Header tags Controller will happily add the Title, Description, Keywords to my index.php, product_info.php files.

When I turn ON the SEO contrib, my header tags for the product_info pages are no longer being set. However the index.php page has the Header tags added correctly, as does the popup-image window (off the product info page)

I have added the Fix to SEO urls for the mysql(5) issue to have my Urls look like

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/appliancestools-c-1_140.html

rather than

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/-c-1_140.html

So now my SEO re-written Url looks good, but I do not get the Header Tags controller added information into the meta tags in the product_info pages.. Has anyone any suggestions of where to look for a fix???

I still got this problem with Information PAges Unlimited. The url will not generate.

Reposting my last post for information.

Yes, iv'e tried several versions of seo.class.php and no juice, tried to twink it too, there is one statement changed in the new IPU wich is the SQL table name, corrected that but still nothing.

Please, Help with this!

I got the same problem, also i got some error where the IPU contrib is located stating:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in CATALOUGE\includes\classes\seo.class.php on line 115

Ive been searching the forums from top to toe and found similar problems but no proper answers, the closest one had something to do with HTC and the author "jack_cms" said, answer is in my signature, checked it but found nothing.

Other than that error message and that my IPU links looks like /-i-2.html it works nice.

My guess is that there is some incompatibility between the new IPU and CEO.

Im running:

Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete

Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs

Information Pages Unlimited v2.03

STS v4.5.2 Added headertags.php plugin into STS too.

Please, im near completion to my shop and i got an ocean of contribs(listed the major ones only) in it, this is the last one i want so i cry out here, HELP :P

EDIT:

Checked the se.class.php file and it refererd to IPU db tables as "info_title" wich is now "information_title", renamed the occurances in the file but still no dice!

Sorry to bump this Q soo soon! (quite desperate!)

PS:

My SQL error is gone btw.

Edited by CraXyOW3

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this has been addressed as this is now a 102 page thread, but I've run into a huge issue using this and possibly any other rewrite mod for the urls. I found that when rebuilding the site that has been well indexed for some time, the rewritten urls are based on the id number in the seourl table, so that the search engines hit http://domain/nicelookingurl-p-1111.html which resolves fine with the content for http://domain/NEWnicelookingurl-p-1111.html

As a result the search engines get the new content with the old name (seourl uses the same number 1111 on the new product). In time this may clean it's self up, but before you wack your seourl table think twice about how the renumbering of your products will effect your seo efforts.

Hi All,

[Posted to both HTC and SEO contrib support forums]

Further to my problems with headers tags controller and seo ultimate urls :-

When SEO urls are turned off, a category page and a product page has the headers from the HTC contrib happily displayed for each of the pages defined in HTC text control options.

When I turn SEO urls on, I get the HTC Default set of header tags, not the defined ones for each of the htc enabled pages, in the HTC text control options.

Example Urls with SEO Ultimate Urls turned off, HTC working well.

Top of catalog

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/index.php

<title>Rainbow Power Company Products Catalog : - Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Catalog of Products" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Solar Panels" />

When a category is selected (eg appliances)

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

<title>Appliances Rainbow Power Company Products Catalog : - Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Appliances Catalog of Products" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Appliances, Solar Panels" />

When an item is selected, product_info.php items listing

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/product_info...products_id=759

<title>Voltage Reducer 24V to 12V 10 Amp Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Used for running loads of up to 10A at 12V from a 2Vdc supply." />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Voltage Reducer 24V to 12V 10 Amp" />

Example Urls with SEO urls turned ON, HTC using the (admin/header tags/text control page) Default Title, Description, Keywords for all pages.

Index Page (displays tags as defined in htc text control for index.php)

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/index.php

<title>Rainbow Power Company Products Catalog : - Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Catalog of Products for Solar ....." />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Solar Panels...." />

When a category is selected (eg appliances, incorrectly displays the Default set of tags)

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/appliances-c-1.html

<title>Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Renewable Solar Power Systems Installation Sales and Service" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Solar Panels ...." />

When an item is selected (eg category appliances, item voltage reducer, incorrectly displays the Default set of tags)

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/voltagereduc...0amp-p-759.html

<title>Rainbow Power Company :</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Renewable Solar Power Systems Installation Sales and Service" />

<meta name="Keywords" content="Solar Panels ...." />

I have examined the changes for both these contribs on my site but cant find the source of the error.....

Where can I look to help fix this problem ?

Hi,

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLS v2.1d and I thought all had gone well until I try to add products. When I call catalog in admin I get this error message

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_seo_url' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, cd.categories_seo_url, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

[TEP STOP]

I have no idea how to correct it and don't want to make a hash of anything so would greatly appreciate any advice or instuctions on this

Thanks in advance.

Edited by smellycat