• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Question:

I have a oscommerce site that has been up for three years now. I have the SEO contribution installed. The question I have is if I want to do a fresh install, import all my tables back into the database, install the SEO contribution. Would I lose any of the SEO data?

Database? SEO data? There's no SEO data stored in the database except for some configuration settings, which, even if they are lost, you can still re-set them. or are you talking about the seo urls that the search engines stored and indexed about your site? if your re-installed osc shop still keeps the same categories & products IDs then they can still find you.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

When I began installing this contribution I was unaware of there being any .htaccess file in my catalog directory.

All I did was upload the .htaccess from the contribution into my catalog directory, and, as you point out, that is the directory the rewrite is performed on. However, there are 2 things that concern me:

1) my admin directory does not live inside my catalog directory but co-exists in the same root. So any paths using eg. catalog/admin/file_to_use.php wouldn't work.

2) I have never entered any URLs in the 'search engine friendly URL' field when adding any products, and now a new field has appeared requesting an SEO URL. Surely, I need to populate this field. Because not doing so must be causing some sort of problem with the contribution?

Any advice on the above much appreciated

Thanks again,

Paul

1) I am confused. How is your admin directory in the same directory as your other files? So, the path to your admin's file_2_use.php would be... http://yourdomain.com/file_2_use.php? What is the path to your catalog's file_2_use.php? wouldn't it also be http://yourdomain.com/file_2_use.php? Are you having any other problems with osCommerce? If I am wrong about this, then I misunderstood you. In that case... change any of the catalog/admin/file_to_use.php to whatever your location of the admin's file_to_use.php is.

2) You don't need to enter anything into the SEO URL field for this to work. It will automatically create a URL. In fact, filling this out doesn't appear to do anything different to mine anyway, so I just leave it blank.

Hi

I wanted to ask if i done it right:

Before my page used to look like

https://www.mywebsite.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=362

and now it looks like

https://www.mywebsite.co.uk/-p-362.html

is it correct as i saw some other peoples looks like this :

http://www.otherwebsite.com/shop/hometrain...facturers_id=19

Which one is better if its the last one how can i change my like it?

Big thanks to all :)

Hi! I have a little problem with this contribution - I really love it, it's working great helped me alot, but I must have done something wrong, because , though it's working for main Topics of Article Manager, it doesn't work ok for Sub Topics... I get a The page cannot be displayed. See here the link to a Topic and if you click on the images on the middle of the page you'll see that those are not SEO urls... I've put the links myself so the people could find the information, but when cl;icking on the title of the sub Topic.... The page cannot.... with the link in browser: http://www.muccelmic.com/activitati-copii-t-29_35.html

Does anybody know what the problem is?

Thank you!

Thanks for the creation and the continuous modernization of this "contrib".

I have noticed that on some serveur the option:

"Options +FollowSymLinks "

It does not work, from error.

Removing it all it returns to work, and also SEO_URL works, therefore I wondered to what served, not having found of the bad ones you operations.

Excused my English

.htaccess : 'only seo add'

# Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
 #Options +FollowSymLinks
 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteBase /catalog/
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
# Ultimate SEO URLs END
# Added to fix article glitch on sub-articles (lonniew at gmail dot com)
 RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
</IfModule>

solved the problem. I removed the line in the .htaccess and edited out the code for popup file in the seo class file.

Thank you for posting the answer to your problem, it helped me and saved me a huge headache :-D i lvoe this community!!!! :lol:

I am using Information Pages Unlimited v2.03 with Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d. It broke the urls for information.php. They all show up as /-i-1.html

The entry in .htaccess is

does anyone know how to correct the urls?

Thanks in Advance

Raj

I got the same problem, also i got some error where the IPU contrib is located stating:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in CATALOUGE\includes\classes\seo.class.php on line 115

Ive been searching the forums from top to toe and found similar problems but no proper answers, the closest one had something to do with HTC and the author "jack_cms" said, answer is in my signature, checked it but found nothing.

Other than that error message and that my IPU links looks like /-i-2.html it works nice.

My guess is that there is some incompatibility between the new IPU and CEO.

Im running:

Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete

Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs

Information Pages Unlimited v2.03

STS v4.5.2 Added headertags.php plugin into STS too.

Please, im near completion to my shop and i got an ocean of contribs(listed the major ones only) in it, this is the last one i want so i cry out here, HELP :P

I have installed Ultimate SEO URL's v2.1 into my shop which has installed ok. When i enable this function my URL's have changed which is correct but i get the error 'The requested URL /directory/index.php was not found on this server'

This is because the URL has changed from

'http://www.arlingtonmotorvehicles.co.uk/shop/index.php/cPath/21'

to 'http://www.arlingtonmotorvehicles.co.uk/shop/helmets-c-21.html'

How can i update the URL's to the products that i have already installed?

The URL 'http://www.arlingtonmotorvehicles.co.uk/shop/helmets-c-21.html' is actually the correct one and is an indication of seo urls has been installed. In order to make that URL function, you need to ensure: 1. the settings in .htaccess are correct as per the installing instructions; 2. your hosting server must have mod_rewrite enabled.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

The URL 'http://www.arlingtonmotorvehicles.co.uk/shop/helmets-c-21.html' is actually the correct one and is an indication of seo urls has been installed. In order to make that URL function, you need to ensure: 1. the settings in .htaccess are correct as per the installing instructions; 2. your hosting server must have mod_rewrite enabled.

Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for the reply. I checked my .htaccess file and didn't have my directory set properly. All is now working.

Many Thanks

Adrian.... :thumbsup:

I am using Information Pages Unlimited v2.03 with Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d. It broke the urls for information.php. They all show up as /-i-1.html

The entry in .htaccess is

does anyone know how to correct the urls?

Thanks in Advance

Raj

I got the same problem, also i got some error where the IPU contrib is located stating:

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in CATALOUGE\includes\classes\seo.class.php on line 115

Ive been searching the forums from top to toe and found similar problems but no proper answers, the closest one had something to do with HTC and the author "jack_cms" said, answer is in my signature, checked it but found nothing.

Other than that error message and that my IPU links looks like /-i-2.html it works nice.

My guess is that there is some incompatibility between the new IPU and CEO.

Im running:

Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete

Ultimate SEO URLs - 2.1d with optional Admin settable Product and Category URLs

Information Pages Unlimited v2.03

STS v4.5.2 Added headertags.php plugin into STS too.

Please, im near completion to my shop and i got an ocean of contribs(listed the major ones only) in it, this is the last one i want so i cry out here, HELP :P

EDIT:

Checked the se.class.php file and it refererd to IPU db tables as "info_title" wich is now "information_title", renamed the occurances in the file but still no dice!

Sorry to bump this Q soo soon! (quite desperate!)

Edited by CraXyOW3

Hi,

I have 2.1c installed i think. I also have enigma's 'session regeneration' installed. I find that if I go straight to the home page and stright to login(The osCid still being in the URL when you go to the login page.), enter the details, I cannot log in and end up back on main page with 'welcome guest'.

If you click a couple of links until the osCID goes form the URl and try loggin in it works fine. This is with 'recreate sessions' set to true in admin. I don't know if this is problem with SEO and enigmas contrib or whether it happens whenever 'recreate sessions' is on.

Everything seems to work fine when 'recreate sessions' is set to false. I presume this problem will occur whenever even the default 'recreate session' is on.

Does anyone know of a fix? Why is the osCid in the URL for a couple of clicks?

I may be way of the mark...

Thanks

Becki

...Does anyone know of a fix? Why is the osCid in the URL for a couple of clicks?...

It is normal after a few clicks the osCid would disappear. It seams you've already got a fix - setting recreate session OFF, didn't you?

Ken

Edited by GemRock

It is normal after a few clicks the osCid would disappear. It seams you've already got a fix - setting recreate session OFF, didn't you?

Ken

Well yes :) but i wanted the 'recreate session' on as I had some SE indexed pages with the osCid appended to them. What is the reason behind the osCid disappearing and being shown in the first place.

Thanks

becki

get rid of the osCid is one the points for having seo urls installed, as any URL with osCid attached is deemed to be se unfriendly. It the users browser cookie in on, and the site is set up properly, then after a cookie is set on the users machine/browser, the osCid will go away. This is by design (of seo urls contrib). SE indexed pages with osCid is meaningless as any one follows that url won't get the same osCid assigned to them. And in fact it is un-desirable because this may have security implications. As time goes by, SEs should re-index your site without the osCid, well, hopefully.

Ken

Well yes :) but i wanted the 'recreate session' on as I had some SE indexed pages with the osCid appended to them. What is the reason behind the osCid disappearing and being shown in the first place.

Thanks

becki

get rid of the osCid is one the points for having seo urls installed, as any URL with osCid attached is deemed to be se unfriendly. It the users browser cookie in on, and the site is set up properly, then after a cookie is set on the users machine/browser, the osCid will go away. This is by design (of seo urls contrib). SE indexed pages with osCid is meaningless as any one follows that url won't get the same osCid assigned to them. And in fact it is un-desirable because this may have security implications. As time goes by, SEs should re-index your site without the osCid, well, hopefully.

Ken

Hi,

I don't know if you're mis-understanding me or vice versa! There are indexed pages in the SE with osCid's in, hence someone coming from the SE will have that osCid, if someone else follows that link they will have the same osCid and hence the same cart etc etc (correct me if i'm wrong). So I had another of Chemo's code contribs installed to remove the osCid from the url's that were already stored in the SE, when the spiders follow those links the code strips it off and returns a 301 header. I installed enigmas session regeneration as another form of defence/security which works by changing the osCid whenever someone logs. So someone who followed that SE link will be given a new osCid during their checkout phase, hopefully to stop any mixups of data/security risks etc - which is why i wanted to keep 'recreate sessions' on.

Why is the cookie not set on the first page load?

The login problem might not have anything to do with SEO URLs.

Becki

Hi All,

I have installed Ultimate SEO - awesome product! - but am having trouble getting custom (statis content) pages to convert to html. For example, I have a custom_compare.php page. I believe I need to modify the .htaccess rules for this, but I'm not having any luck figuring out the context. Does anyone have any examples, or know of a simple way to do this?

thanks,

/russ

Hi Becki

I knew what you meant. I just felt it may not be the right way of dealing with this issue. What I referred to in my post was that you should also use chemo's google sitemate contrib. Although it is named 'google', as it conforms to the xml site map protocol (see http://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.php), you could submit it to the SEs and they would index your site without the osCid. Or do you think this is not the case?

Ken