• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

Double check to make sure line # 118 is not commented.

The changes to the htaccess should be in your shop directory.

Make sure to clear the seo cache after you make changes. Then try to load the site again.

Also, if you want to turn off the SEO URLs, you need the fix by Randelia.

HTH

Edited by MagickWomyn

Please help.

I had this wonderful contribution installed for some time, but recently I’ve noticed that randomly there is an error. When you click on a product or information or category instead of opening the link, it goes back to the index page with the link: index.php?cp=cp.js

I seen that on the information page it happening more often but I was playing around and it happened on products and categories too. Anybody had this?

Please help.

Edited by smic717394

Double check to make sure line # 118 is not commented.

The changes to the htaccess should be in your shop directory.

Make sure to clear the seo cache after you make changes. Then try to load the site again.

Also, if you want to turn off the SEO URLs, you need the fix by Randelia.

HTH

yes,i'm sure lin #118 is not commented,and changes to htaccess is in my shop directory.i also clear the seo cache,but the problem still happens.i'm using SEO 2.1d

when put code to htaccess file.i can't view my shop and can't enter admin.so how to clear the seo cache T_T

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
localhost
03/23/07 08:59:42
Apache/2.2.3 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8d mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.0

I installed this contrib and it's work great. But... I want to enable the cookies. If the cookies are set to enable, I can't login to shop and the shopping cart box dissapear. So I made some modification to my files. In /includes/configure.php I add:

/*begin cookies use*/

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN','.mysite.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN','.mysite.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH','/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH','');

/*end cookies use*/

and in column_left.php (the place of my shopping cart box) I change:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

to

if ((USE_CACHE == 'false') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

With those modifications the links are short, the client can login to shop and the shopping cart don't dissapear.

My question is: those modifications are ok? Can I use them in a live store??

Many thanks and... excuse my bad english:)

PS. I'm a newbie in php and mysql

@ osclearner

It seems you may be using PHP5 in Xampp. Try this:

Shut down the Xampp control panel...using the exit.

Go to your Windows start menu...

Run...C:\Program Files\xampp\php-switch.bat

This will show the working version of PHP in Xampp. If it is 5 then you need to change it to 4.

Enter 4 at the prompt then X for exit.

Restart Xampp and see if this helps.

@ osclearner

It seems you may be using PHP5 in Xampp. Try this:

Shut down the Xampp control panel...using the exit.

Go to your Windows start menu...

Run...C:\Program Files\xampp\php-switch.bat

This will show the working version of PHP in Xampp. If it is 5 then you need to change it to 4.

Enter 4 at the prompt then X for exit.

Restart Xampp and see if this helps.

yeah,thanks. i fix it. now the links are http://localhost/shop/actrungquc-m-42.html...3515aa91bf15ecd

is there anyway remove osCsid ??

is there anyway remove osCsid ??

POST 1613

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Sorry for the error...

Read my post on page 81, it is post 1613

That should give you some tips about session id's

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi im am having a few problems

1) i click edit on a product get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_seo_url() in /home/socom/domains/socomtactical.net/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 529

2) I click on a catorgary/product on the main site and get

Not Found
The requested URL /catalog/index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

any help would be good

Thanks

fixed a few bits still got the problem with the catorgarys on the home page also what exactly do i put in the TEXT_PRODUCTS_SEO_URL

Laurence

Does anyone know how you can tweak this hack to display an underscore between words in the SEO url instead of hypens?

for example

/product-name-here.html

would be

/product_name_here.html

Thanks in advance!

What I forgot to post is that I tried to do in in special characters

char=>conv

=>_

Where a space is before the"=" but it only strips the category names in the html file it spits out... so it doesnt really do what I am intending.

Edited by costast2

Sorry for the error...

Read my post on page 81, it is post 1613

That should give you some tips about session id's

i really don't know how to do , i use osc from template monster.maybe this is old version of osc.how to update to newer version?does it lose anything? can you tell me which easiest way to remove oscid,i'm newbie

thanks

i have just installed this over a clean osc, everything seems fine in the backend and the index.php loeads fine with no errors, but when i click a link to a cat or a product such as

hardware-c-1.html or the-matrix-p-6.html i get a 404 page not found error. i have mod rewrite enabled on my server and am ruunning other instals of osc with no problems.

also is there a way to get rid of the p-6 bit? and i would alos like to install STS template system with this, would you install this first or STS?

any help would be great.

Danny

Hi everybody!

I´ve installed 2.0b and works more or less because when I have more than 3000 products I get mysql error.

Well my trouble is when I try to uninstall or upgrade this contribution for example to 2.1c always I get a blank page in catalog directory and not upgrade admin control panel under Configuration => SEO URL

Please could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

i have just installed this over a clean osc, everything seems fine in the backend and the index.php loeads fine with no errors, but when i click a link to a cat or a product such as

hardware-c-1.html or the-matrix-p-6.html i get a 404 page not found error. i have mod rewrite enabled on my server and am ruunning other instals of osc with no problems.

also is there a way to get rid of the p-6 bit? and i would alos like to install STS template system with this, would you install this first or STS?

any help would be great.

Danny

Same here the c-6.html etc...removal would be great, (although Im still hoping someone would have some insight on changes the pages it serves from hypens in between the words to underscores instead :(

Edited by costast2

Hi,

I noticed that some of my links still use the .php and not .html. My index page still loads as php not sure if its supposed to? Also some of my other links such as the specials.php still load as php?

I am sure this has been covered in the forum but there are so many pages its hard to find. Any help would be great.

Thanks again,

Jamie

I'm using v2.1d and my shop was up and running in all 3 default languages and had been spidered by all the search engines. However, to reduce the admin overhead I decided to run it only in english, so I've dropped the spanish and german.

However, I'm still getting hits (mainly from the search engines) on URL's such as:

/shop/ambre-solaire-apres-sonnen-150ml-p-95.html

/shop/piz-buin-m-14.html?sort=3a&page=1&language=es

Obviously as only the english pages now exist, these URL's are returning a result code of "200 OK" and the content from the english pages.

I'm going to end up with one hell of a duplicate content penalty! Anyone know how to return a 301/404 for these URL's?

i get error when enable ultimate SEO,when clicking the "buy now" button in product_listing,it leads to cart but no product is in it (your cart is empty)

i realize the link when hover to the buy now button is

http://localhost/shop/cngtccm-c-22.html?pr...e1688cc9274f76f

so i disable ultimate seo and the link become:

http://localhost/shop/index.php?cPath=22&a...e1688cc9274f76f

and the problem is fixed

can someone tell me exactly what this problem is and how to fix?i realize "sort2a" in the link but no idea

thanks a lot

Edited by osclearner

I noticed that some of my links still use the .php and not .html. My index page still loads as php not sure if its supposed to? Also some of my other links such as the specials.php still load as php?
That's normal because these pages don't need URL rewriting. They never carry parameters like product-info.php.

Your homepage is index.php and that's fine, because when that index.php carries parameters (such as /index.php?param1=A&param2=B) then it's rewritten to something like /blabhblah-1A-2B.html).

No need to worry. ;)

HELP !!

I have installed the lastes version of seo urls, i have since tried to downlaod my site from my live server and work on it via localhost, i can see my front page but when i click any other catergory, product i get page can not be displayed, i am lead to believe this is something to do with my seo contrib i have installed is there any way i can get my site working on localhost ??

Rgds

Darren