• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1 - by Chemo

I want a fix so that I can turn the wc3 urls on, and still have "&" and NOT amp; thing.
Does anyone know what makes the store change some '&' in to 'amp;'?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Does anyone know what makes the store change some '&' in to 'amp;'?

It's in catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php function href_link() line 653:

return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($link));

If set SEO_URLS_USE_W3C_VALID to false, it will change & to &

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I am having trouble with the "&" symbols being changed to the "amp;" thing

This problem happens when I change currency on my site or when I change the manufacturer filter id, instead of getting "&" I get amp; With the amp; thing if the manufacturers are filtered and then you change currency, then manufacturers get reset.

Anyway is there a fix for this? I turned off valid wc3 urls and it fixes the problem, but then does this mean my url's are not valid?

I want a fix so that I can turn the wc3 urls on, and still have "&" and NOT amp; thing.

Can anyone help?

In /oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817/catalog/admin/categories.php -> line 705 - 712 your products_name, products_description, products_url got altered by htmlspecialchars()

There for the & stuff is already there in the first place.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

It's in catalog/includes/classes/seo.class.php function href_link() line 653:
return htmlspecialchars(utf8_encode($link));

If set SEO_URLS_USE_W3C_VALID to false, it will change & to &

Thanks ALex,

in my case I didn't have to fiddle with that file until I added the RMA returns contribution which created the amp; URL - I sorted out my issue ages ago but wanted to know why certain contributions generated the amp; URL instead of and.

Anyway, there is a fix posted in the contribution downloads... I hope people find it useful.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have a catergory with the name "extra" and a subcat within that called "flicker lights"

I would expect to get til following string for a category:

http://sauna-shoppen.dk/extra/flicker-lights-c-24_26.html

or

http://sauna-shoppen.dk/extra_flicker-lights-c-24_26.html

But I'm getting:

http://sauna-shoppen.dk/extraflickerlights-c-24_26.html

Where would that be controlled :'(

Rgds

Flemming

Hi,

When i select a manufacture from the manufacturers info box from the drop down menu nothing happens.

I've got 2.1c installed with Randelia fix and also the '&' character fix from Bchecketts. I tried the manufacturers fix by moosey_jude but that doesn't work - different problem i think.

I turned off automatic re-directs in admin and it does work.

Although is there an actual fix for this?!

Many Thanks

Becki

Do i need the &amp fix or should i remove it.

Other than that working great!

Hi there!

I installed recently the SEO contribution but having some problems with it.

Since our shop is located in a german speaking country we use a lot of so called "umlaute" (in html it would be the character ü or ä or ö (ä,ö,ü).

So the thing is that products with e.g ü (which would be ü) are displayed as followed:

bücher-c-27.htm instead of bücher-c-27.html (or alternative would be bucher-c-27.hmtl)

how can I solve this problem?

Thanks for help¨!

Andreas

Ok, sorry if that has been asked before but I would like to install this contribution but looking at the install instructions it says

"The file categories.php should be uploaded to admin/categories.php. If you want to know the edits within this file - use a compare program like winMerge. "

I have changed my categories.php file alot for some other contributions so I can just replace it with the new one... Also it says to use a program like winMerge which I have installed but dont know how to use it. After I merge the ultimate seo file with the one I use will everything from both files be on there correctly? and then do i just upload it? sorry if this is confusing... any help would be greatly appreciated! Also what version is the best for this cont.?

sorry for posting so much, but i cannot edit any of my posts.

i fix one error, another one comes :(

when i went into my admin controls, i got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/**/public_html/**/admin/index.php on line 10

line 10 on index.php:

Released under the GNU General Public License (it's commented out!)

i cannot get in to my admin panel anymore. if this error means i cannot use this contribution, please tell me what i have to do to uninstall it. i've already started from scratch and used a backup database to no avail, the error won't go away..

eww:

I am getting the same error ( Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() ). You said you solved it. Can you tell me or what you did to resolve this inconsistency??

tks, Enrique Leon

sorry for posting so much, but i cannot edit any of my posts.

i fix one error, another one comes :(

when i went into my admin controls, i got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() in /home/**/public_html/**/admin/index.php on line 10

line 10 on index.php:

Released under the GNU General Public License (it's commented out!)

i cannot get in to my admin panel anymore. if this error means i cannot use this contribution, please tell me what i have to do to uninstall it. i've already started from scratch and used a backup database to no avail, the error won't go away..

eww:

I am getting the same error ( Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_catalog_href_link() ). You said you solved it. Can you tell me what you did to resolve this inconsistency??

tks, Enrique Leon

Hi,

I have noticed that the search engines are registering the URL's with the "<oscid>" as the following sample, and further more, sometimes users see the same URL type (with the "?" and the BIG letters and numbers line following, as the sample). i do not think its suppose to be this way.

Sample:

www.thesitname.com/index.php?oscid=b8aa33964e8b2a4917edbff1b3b8752f

Is any one familiar with this problem?

Thanks,

Sharon.

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

www.thesitname.com/index.php?oscid=b8aa33964e8b2a4917edbff1b3b8752f
It probably would register it with a big oscid only for the first page (index.php) but any subsequent clicks shouldn't have any oscids if your patched are applied. Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

It probably would register it with a big oscid only for the first page (index.php) but any subsequent clicks shouldn't have any oscids if your patched are applied.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes but the search engines are registering it with the oscid and its not suppose to be this way, isnt it?

below is the site's link to see the results:

http://www.jjudaica.com

Sharon.

Edited by sukarya

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...

Yes but the search engines are registering it with the oscid and its not suppose to be this way, isnt it?
I don't see any oscids on that site Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I don't see any oscids on that site

what can i say... the search engines are registering it with the ?<oscid>...

:(

Installed contributions:

I have installed this great contribution about 6 months ago. However during a site redesign some of the category levels have changed, e.g. some subcategories have become main categories. Below is an example:

http://www.xyz.co.uk/xyz-c-1_34_37.html - old url

http://www.xyz.co.uk/xyz-c-34_37.html - NEW url

Google had cached the old url and now has also cached the new url of the same category. Because the url's are different and content is the same, we have been given a duplicate content penalty.

As SEO URL is installed, both URL's can still be accessed leading to the same content. Is it possible to send a 404 for URLs that do not really exist anymore?

Thanks for you help.

I have installed this great contribution about 6 months ago. However during a site redesign some of the category levels have changed, e.g. some subcategories have become main categories. Below is an example:

http://www.xyz.co.uk/xyz-c-1_34_37.html - old url

http://www.xyz.co.uk/xyz-c-34_37.html - NEW url

Google had cached the old url and now has also cached the new url of the same category. Because the url's are different and content is the same, we have been given a duplicate content penalty.

As SEO URL is installed, both URL's can still be accessed leading to the same content. Is it possible to send a 404 for URLs that do not really exist anymore?

Thanks for you help.

I thought somebody had already put up a fix for that a few months back? Try reading a few pages back and see if a 404 modification was added.

CHOOCH

During a search engine query I came across this site:

MAGIC SEO URL'S

Has anyone ever heard of it?

By clicking the comparison chart it looks like it is better in every aspect than this Ultimate SEO URL's contribution - but the whopping £47 price (which is around $92 or €71 Euro) is totally off-putting.

Just wondering if anyone has used it and what you all think of the way the url's show up on these sites that are using the expensive contribution:

Jewellery Store

Italian Store

In the Italian site you can see by clicking any product review that the url's are clearly english language therefore the on-sale contribution is probably not multi-lingual.

Personally speaking it has too many numbers in the SEO URL for my liking but the website claims this:

"No modifications to osCommerce files required"

"No same content available on the different URLs (prevent possible duplicate content penalties)"

Does anyone have any pointers how the best of Magic SEO URL's can be combined with this Ultimate SEO URL's to make a whopping new fully loaded contribution?

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Hi guys, hope you can help me.

I've installed Ultimate SEO URLS 21da which seems to be working well, apart from the Manufacturers dropdown box. Thats not working now, it just goes back to the index regardless of which manufacturer you select. But when I set "configuration, SEO URLs, Enable SEO URLs?" to "flase" the manufacturer box starts working again. Can anyone help me make the manufacturers box work when SEO URLs is enabled?

heres my site, CoolChip Computers

Many Thanks

Rob

Edited by coolchip

Hi all. Wondering if I could get some help here?

My .htaccess file appears to be working, but ONLY for the index, product page and the product_reviews_info.php page.

It does NOT work for the product_reviews.php and the links.php page. Am wondering if I missed something somewhere in the code? My site is http://www.mediamedley.com if you want to see this in action.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On 
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-links-(.*).html$ links.php?lPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

I've tried resetting the Reset SEO URLs Cache to no avail.

I've verified that the Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development) is set to false.

There are no errors thrown that I've seen.

I'm kind of at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for you help.

I've found this elsewhere:

... the issue is with your .htaccess file. Simple. Your .htaccess file is likely to get upset if you have Rewrite Base and Rewrite Engine On more than once, and if you do already have it before installing this mod, think carefully about where you put the code required. If there is other rewrite code in there, put the Chemos stuff FIRST. This is what will make your site work, it takes higher priority over other gunk....

Ok, so I have the Rewrite Engine on twice, but the SEO's stuff IS first.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}
RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://mediamedley.com/.*$	  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://medimedley.com$	  [NC]

Should I write this differently? I NEED the RewriteCond for the SSL site, or I have other problems.

I've found this elsewhere:

Ok, so I have the Rewrite Engine on twice, but the SEO's stuff IS first.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://mediamedley.com/.*$	  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^https://medimedley.com$	  [NC]

Should I write this differently? I NEED the RewriteCond for the SSL site, or I have other problems.

Hey, get rid of the second "RewriteEngine on" as it is already declared as being on in the first place, and you aren't turning it off anywhere. So you only need it once.

Other than that, I dont know what is causing your problem. Sorry.

Cheers,

Chris