• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Google XML Sitemap Feed - by Chemo

Hi all

I'm still getting the error i posted on here on the 4th Oct and 19th Oct last year. I still cannot get to the bottom of why this is happening.

I have two sites with exactly the same sitemaps contribution running. Both were running fine then one got errors. I reinstalled it as i could not find the problem.

I get an error on line 1 of all three files when I call them in the address bar . If i go into (ftp) the xml files themselves they are written/updated and look correct and the cron job says all files created successfully.

The error for all three files here is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/julianp/public_html/sitemapindex.xml on line 1

when line 1 is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But the same contribution on my other site works fine here

Any help on this greatly appreciated as i have had this problem for over 4 months now :( .

Thanks

J

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Hi all

I'm still getting the error i posted on here on the 4th Oct and 19th Oct last year. I still cannot get to the bottom of why this is happening.

I have two sites with exactly the same sitemaps contribution running. Both were running fine then one got errors. I reinstalled it as i could not find the problem.

I get an error on line 1 of all three files when I call them in the address bar . If i go into (ftp) the xml files themselves they are written/updated and look correct and the cron job says all files created successfully.

The error for all three files here is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/julianp/public_html/sitemapindex.xml on line 1

when line 1 is:

But the same contribution on my other site works fine here

Any help on this greatly appreciated as i have had this problem for over 4 months now :( .

Thanks

J

Have you tried the following ideas:

are both sites hosted on the same server? (*just* incase something relies on server settings)

copying the file that works onto the domain that doesn't work. What kind of message does it give?

Have you tried deleting the googlesitemap folder and the dummy files and reinstalling a fresh copy? Just incase? I had a failure problem that was frustrating me coz I'd set chmod on the files and the directory to 777, which went away when I copied a fresh set over and set chmod to 777 again. Weird

I know you covered this on the fist page of this forum, but I have the latest download and the changes you suggested has already been made. This is the error that I am getting:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /hsphere/local/home/steven/onlinetransmissionparts.com/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19
Unable to connect to database server!

This is the code on line 19 of my database.php

13  function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {
14	global $$link;
16	if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {
17	$$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);
18	} else {
19	 $$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);
20	}

What do you think?

Thanks

Steve

Hello,

I received this in my Google XML Sitemap CRON report:

read_config_store open failure on /var/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf

Could someone tell me what it is?

Thanks lots in advance

Hello,

I get everything loaded and got the Congrad's.

Last night, when it ran....i got this email

Could not open input file: /path/to/googlesitemap/index.php.

Do i need to change that index file too 755 or 777? Its set at 644 right now.

thanks

mike

Disregard that last post. I had wrong path.

Now i have this....

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/insight/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/insight/public_html/googlesitemap/index.php on line 46

Has anyone got a solution to this post by Top Speed? I looked through the thread but did not find anything.

I too am using Ultimate SEO urls and the Sitemap contrib and would like the sitemapproducts.xml file to contain the optimized urls created by Ultimate SEO.

All tips appreciated.

tx

Hi Bobby,

I loaded your excellent contrib with no problems. Just wondering if this is the way it should display? (I have your Ultimate URLs installed and deleted the temp file like I do when adding new products which normally corrects the url listing to the product name) This however is still displaying the default osC names and not the Ultimate SEO (product) names.

Here's a clip...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> 
- <urlset xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84">
- <url>
 <loc>http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1876</loc> 
 <lastmod>2005-07-16</lastmod> 
 <changefreq>weekly</changefreq> 
 <priority>1.0</priority> 
 </url>
- <url>
 <loc>http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=4815</loc> 
 <lastmod>2005-05-06</lastmod> 
 <priority>0.8</priority> 
 </url>
- <url>
 <loc>http://www.gokartsrus.com/product_info.php?products_id=4766</loc> 
 <lastmod>2005-02-08</lastmod> 
 <priority>0.5</priority> 
 </url>

trimmed 
 </url>

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks, KJ

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've installed this contribution over a modded store which has many contributions installed such as Header Tags, SEO URLs and WYSIWYG editor.

I've installed Google Site Map module in an inner directory. I get the following error:

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
[QUERY] => Array
	(
		[PRODUCTS] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 8
			)

[CATEOGRY] => Array
			(
				[STATUS] => success
				[NUM_ROWS] => 1
			)

)

[SAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
	(
		[0] => Array
			(
				[file] => c:/web/2006/feb/cocovida/cocovida6/sitemapproducts.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

[1] => Array
			(
				[file] => c:/web/2006/feb/cocovida/cocovida6/sitemapindex.xml
				[status] => success
				[file_exists] => true
			)

)

)

Would love to get somone's advice on how to correct this. :)

Irfan,

I was getting the error:

Warning: fopen(/home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemapsitemapproducts.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/emablanc/public_html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php on line 291

To fix this problem I performed the ultimate hack and just added the missing slash.

On line 257 of sitemap.class.php change from:

$this->filename = "sitemap";

To:

$this->filename = "/../sitemap";

A dodgy hack to be ashamed of >_< ... but it fixed the problem.

HEY DUDE, i was wondering if you could shed some light on this dilema of mine regarding google feed via the OS contribution...

i have got as far as putting on of my dummy files onto the server and set all permissions to 777 etc etc...

in regards to the cron setup, i have set my cron command to

GET http://www.stocktogo.co.uk/shop/sitemapindex.xml

the GET infront of the url i have researched and found i need apparantly, ive tried without it and i get a error email quoting

/bin/sh: line 1: http://www.stocktogo.co.uk/shop/sitemapindex.xml: No such file

or directory

but when i add the GET to the command i get a email with the msg

<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84">

<sitemap>

<loc>http://stocktogo.co.uk/shop/sitemapcategories.xml</loc>

<lastmod>2006-02-28</lastmod>

</sitemap>

<sitemap>

<loc>http://stocktogo.co.uk/shop/sitemapproducts.xml</loc>

<lastmod>2006-02-28</lastmod>

</sitemap>

</sitemapindex>

does this mean i have successfully acomplished the task and my sitemap file(s) will be thrown to google at any time i wish and everyting works like it should???

please reply to this request asap as i am itching to knw the outcome of what ive been trying for a week now and really wnat to get this working...

ive gone to far!!!!

thanking you in advance

mh

:blink:

Hi

I have just installed this contribution but am when I run the catalog/googlesitemap/index.php I get the following:

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 1

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => ../sitemapindex.xml

[status] => success

[file_exists] => true

)

)

)

Why is part of it working and not the rest.

I have installed it exactly as the instructions. What have I done wrong.

I have had a look through previous posts but can't find any matching situations.

If I open catalog/sitemapproducts.xml in the browser

it says this

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Location: http://www.ecobean.co.uk/catalog/sitemapproducts.xml

Line Number 1, Column 1:

and if I open catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Location: http://www.ecobean.co.uk/catalog/sitemapcategories.xml

Line Number 1, Column 1:

If this message means that the 2 .xml files are not there then I don't understand as they are and are set to 777 as in the instructions.

I don't know much about how all this works but will try and educate my self and figure it out but help would be gratefully received.

Jeanette

I installed Chemos Ultimate SEO, and I have this google sitemap already installed, quick question;

Should my xml sitemap links be showing the nice new static html links, or still the dynamic php links?

I am looking for the same answer too and had put in a post earlier regarding this. Over the past months since I have these two contribs installed I notice that somehow Googlbot is not recognising the html links and just read the productid urls.

Would love it if someone could give me any tips on this.

cheers

I am looking for the same answer too and had put in a post earlier regarding this. Over the past months since I have these two contribs installed I notice that somehow Googlbot is not recognising the html links and just read the productid urls.

Would love it if someone could give me any tips on this.

cheers

Glad to see you got no answers either...the perils of a free cart system ;)

I know it probably doesnt matter, since the URLS get redirected, but I am assuming the SEO contrib is better suited for msn and yahoo rankings???

At any rate, if anyone knows the answer-holler

Glad to see you got no answers either...the perils of a free cart system ;)

I know it probably doesnt matter, since the URLS get redirected, but I am assuming the SEO contrib is better suited for msn and yahoo rankings???

At any rate, if anyone knows the answer-holler

Well - thats true but I think its hamperring the googlebot since I am not seeing any decent results yet in Google !! Dont see any of the plain html links nor do I see any of the productinfo id urls. And the bot has been visiting quite regularly too.

I must try and disable the sitemap contrib and see what happens.

Please do post back if you get any update on this issue.

cheers

I'm using a windows server and also use the Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0b contribution (this one works great) but after installing the google sitemap contribution i get the following errors. What is wrong. Adviece is appreciated.

Notice: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG - assumed 'DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG' in C:\Websites\andere\www.hetpoppenhuisje.be\catalog\googlesitemap\index.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME in C:\Websites\andere\www.hetpoppenhuisje.be\catalog\includes\configure.php on line 35

Notice: Constant NUMBER_CHARACTERS_ON_INDEX already defined in C:\Websites\andere\www.hetpoppenhuisje.be\catalog\googlesitemap\index.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined variable: cache_dir in C:\Websites\andere\www.hetpoppenhuisje.be\catalog\includes\seo_cache.php on line 44

Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

CONGRATULATIONS! All files generated successfully.

If you have not already submitted the sitemap index to Google click the link below.

Before you do I HIGHLY recommend that you view the XML files to make sure the data is correct.

http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/...itemapindex.xml

For your convenience here is the CRON command for your site:

Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME in C:\Websites\andere\www.hetpoppenhuisje.be\catalog\googlesitemap\index.php on line 151

php /index.php

Here is your sitemap index: sitemapindex.xml

Here is your product sitemap: sitemapproducts.xml

Here is your category sitemap: sitemapcategories.xml

First the xml files weren't generated at all but after i changed

$filename = $this->savepath . $this->filename . $type;

to

$filename = '../catalog' . $this->savepath . $this->filename . $type;

they got generated.

the sitemapindex.xm is still empty but in the two other xml files contain the correct data.

Thanks

Hi,

I installed this contribution. It works (I got the success message and checked the files) but I don't understand how to transport the feed automatically. Is there a way I can run crons in Windows Scheduler? Also, I submitted my xml file to google and got an error saying the format was wrong. Please help!

Thanks!

I Installed this contrib and it seemed to go well , i got the correct success messages , but the XML files in my catalog DIR were empty ?

However , when i was uploading some files via ftp , i noticed copies of the XML files in the /publichtml/ root, i checked these and they were all correct ! , but how did they end up there ? and how do i get hem to fill properly in the catalog DIR ?

the copies are named like this -

public_htmlsitemapcategories.xml

public_htmlsitemapindex.xml

public_htmlsitemapproducts.xml

all filled out correctly , just in the wrong place , i folowed the install to the letter.

any clues ?

I dont have the Ultimate SEO URLs installed , only the header tags controller contrib

Edited by andytc

Hi,

I have the cron command scheduled to run daily. I sumbitted the sitemap manually to google about 17 hours ago, and the cron job was run about 5 hours ago. When I log into google, I see that the sitemap index was submitted 17 hours ago and google last downloaded it 5 hours ago. I guess the part I am confused on is do I have to keep submitting it to Google or does the cron just update the sitemap daily so when google decides to "fetch" it, it is up to date. So, if I am correct, the cron job keeps the sitemap updated for when google wants to download it from my site. If this is the case, I would never have to resubmit the site map, just keep it updated, which the cron job would do for me.

Thanks for your help!

I installed GoogleXMLsitemap 1.3 (default), as I also use Chemo's Ultimate SEO.

Running of the googlesitemap/index.php gives no errors but my dummy XML files in my catloag directory (root: public_html) are not overwritten (CHMOD 777).

Funny thing is that one level higher than my public_html directory the folowing 3 XML's files are written.

I could not find anything on this forum about this, but it seems that there is a '/' missing in the filepath during writing, but where should I change this.

Regards,

Albert

I installed GoogleXMLsitemap 1.3 (default), as I also use Chemo's Ultimate SEO.

Running of the googlesitemap/index.php gives no errors but my dummy XML files in my catloag directory (root: public_html) are not overwritten (CHMOD 777).

Funny thing is that one level higher than my public_html directory the folowing 3 XML's files are written.

I could not find anything on this forum about this, but it seems that there is a '/' missing in the filepath during writing, but where should I change this.

Regards,

Albert

Here's the fix. Open googlesitemap/sitemap.class.php and go to line 258 and change from

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG;

to

$this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/';

That should do it....

For Windows it may be like $this->savepath = DIR_FS_CATALOG . '\';

Edited by Brian_C

Brian Christensen

I Installed this contrib and it seemed to go well , i got the correct success messages , but the XML files in my catalog DIR were empty ?

However , when i was uploading some files via ftp , i noticed copies of the XML files in the /publichtml/ root, i checked these and they were all correct ! , but how did they end up there ? and how do i get hem to fill properly in the catalog DIR ?

the copies are named like this -

all filled out correctly , just in the wrong place , i folowed the install to the letter.

any clues ?

I dont have the Ultimate SEO URLs installed , only the header tags controller contrib

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...&gopid=811406

Answer should be just above this reply....

Brian Christensen

Hi Brian,

That solves it, thanks!

I also found out that adding a '/' after 'public_html' in my configure.php also solves the problem. I'm not sure which solution is the best one. I guess that I should adjust the configure.php, because else everybody using the GoogleXML sitemap would have had the same problem as I had. Do you agree?

Thanks,

Albert