• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help needed with changing osc from host

Darklings

Hi,

Today, i changed osC to another host. I exported the db with phpmyadmin and then uploaded it again with phpmyadmin on the other host. No problems.

Then i downloaded osc intirely and uploaded it at the other host.

Problems:

1). could not connect to db. Solution: I changed the settings manualy in 'includes/configure.php'

[status: Solved]

2). Some images dont show up.

Discription : Some images just show as white boxes with red crosses in it

Posible Solution : Could this have to do something with my folder-settings in my 'includes/configure.php' ?

Example : I see white boxes with red crosses instead of the search_icon, the language_options, the buy-options etc.

Pictures like: '/images/table_background_default.gif' I do see, as i do with all images in my catalog i uploaded (before using my admin on the other host, those images are all located in the images folder in my catalog)

[status: Open]

3). Admin

Description : At my previeus host, i had the option to password-protect my folder by installing a program provided by my host (using my controlpannel) however, (i think they used .htaccess) when i uploaded all my files (to the new host) i thought the admin wouldnt be protected anymore, since it was a program i installed from the previeus host. But its still protected. No problem would you think, but my password and login doesnt work anymore => big problem :P

Posible Solution :

I'm thinking two posibilety's here. Maybe they did work with .htaccess, and i overwrite them. However, with my new host, i am not able to see those files - so when i look in my admin folder, i dont see any .htaccess files.

Second posibilety, perhaps the best, I should do what is recomanded in the osC-setup-guide, change my admin from name and directory. (giving lesser chanse to passwordguising crackers?) - However, if i do so - i need to know what files i need to change inorder to let osc still work properly. I didnt find anywhere where and what pages i need to change to make my admin work with another name and another location.

[status: Open]

Any help on these 2 topic's would me verry much appreciated :)

Kind regards

Tom Maene

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

you need to go through and reset all the file permissions on the images dir, admin/images/graphs, etc, as if you were setting up osc for the first time.

for admin htaccess, see if your new host has the same cpanel, vdeck and reset the htaccess for the admin, reason the old one doesnt work is you didnt backup the files for the htpasswd

Thnx for the fast reply,

Yes, now that you mention, i forgot all about that htpasswd :blush:

Its not in my catalog folder - so i'm gonna try and copy that one to.

- No i dont have the same cpanel at the new host (I wich i could stay at my host - but the storeowner want it on this 'bad' server :P )

yes, the file permissions. Guess i forgot all about them to. Am gonna check that to.

Thnx,

Kind regards

LoL, I cant Mibble, i'm working full-time for the storeowner (and doing a lot more then setting up this store).

Anyway, the problem wasnt solved by just uploading the .htpasswd to my root dir.

I still need to configure my serverpath in the .htaccess file. And at this "new" host I cannot see that trough my ftp, so i contacted them, and am now waiting for a reply.

Secondly, the image file permissions?? They are all 644. I dont understand why he shows those who are in my image folder directly and doesnt show my buttons and icon's that are located in my language-file folders. They all have the same permissions and even if that would be the problem, i changed one of those files to 777 just to check, but nothing changed. This must have something to do with my path to my folders i think? or not??

Anybody knows this?

Thnx,

Kind Regards,

Tom

Basicaly, i'm stuck here, but all images that are located in my 'catalog/images/' do show up perfectly, however, those located in my language folder, like my buttons dont show up. Can anyone help me pls??

Thank you verry much,

(tell me if you need more info on this - but i have no idea what pages or php i should post here)

kind regards

Can you see the path from the images that don't appear (and does it look okay?)

Nothing wrong with the pictures themselves? (0 kb or something)

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

Nope, no errors when uploading them, they have the size they need. (no 0kb)

When i take a look at my source code (the html that is generated) there is stuff like:

<input type="image" src="includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_quick_find.gif" border="0" alt="Quick Find" title=" Quick Find ">

But you helped me, i forgot to take a look at this, its so obvieus you dont think at those first.

So i typed in the url in my browser and got an error, one that i dont get when i just look at the 'catalog/images/anything.jpg'

The error tells me something about my host. So, i'm gonna send the error over to my new hosting-provider.

It is strange however, i have no idea what is wrong here.

(For curieus people :P the error is:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

)

Thnx for the reply, winterchild.

This thread seems to imply that it may be related to the contents or placing of the .htaccess file...

Cheers,

Al

Oops, wrong thread in the previous message.

I meant this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=152582

And this one:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...al+Server+Error

Al

with your current host, if they have cpanel/vdeck, you can change your htaccess. just delete the current one and then setup the new one via 'password protect directory' works great. reason htaccess doesnt work from old server to new one, you also need the htpasswd file and it has to be in the correct path.

if you have shell access, takes 5 seconds to setup a new one.

• 9 months later...

Archived