• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

My points are not working in my checkout_confirmation.php. I know that my hosts have PHP5 on and I have the register globals patch. I have tried the register globals fix that was posted in feb 2007 in this thread but it has made no difference. Also when I have more points than more orders value my site is still saying I need to choose a payment method in checkout_payment.php. I really don't know what the problem is at all.

we have following situation on checkout_confirmation.php page

subtotal 32.03

shipping 0.00

VAT 1.92

points handed is -33.95

total -9.93

does anybody have an idea where we have a mistake ?

thanks

Montagne

subtotal 32.03

shipping 0.00

VAT 1.92

points handed is -33.95

total -9.93

thanks

Montagne

subtotal 32.03

shipping 0.00

VAT 1.92

points handed is -33.95

total -9.93

thanks

Montagne

Would like to thank Gaetan for his help:

Hello,

Yes, the solution is here :

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...al&st=1080#

Best Regards,

Gaëtan

subtotal 32.03

shipping 0.00

VAT 1.92

points handed is -33.95

total -9.93

thanks

Montagne

Hello,

Best Regards,

Gaëtan

I thought I had posted this, but apparently I didn't

My programmer has installed the points and rewards module V2. and it works, but there are some issues that we need some help on.

1. Apparently restrictions do not mean to exclude items from points being used. I need to have one category excluded from points being used on them. Any suggestions??

2. When they click to use maximum points it takes some or all from shipping as well and leaves a negative number. The point redemption is set before shipping in the order total module but this is still happening.

3. Also, when we set to true for the specials to be restricted , the items do say points can't be used on them, HOWEVER, points are still being applied to them.

4. In admin, when you click pending points, and change to redeemed it will show clients order as delivered and clearly redemeed. However, when you click on customer points and their name it still shows all points and has not subtracted the redeemed points. Does this have to be done manually???

I would greatly appreciate any help , thank you so much

Hello,

Best Regards,

Gaëtan

Could you please repost this link? It was truncated. I keep getting sent back to the forum homepage and a fix for this subtotal problem in Points and Rewards would be very helpful.

Thank you,

N

Never mind :). I was able to work with texmaxx's code in redemptions.php. Now the points are calculated on the subtotal instead of the total.

look for in redemptions.php

$max_points = $order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE; //> POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE;

replace with

$max_points = $order->info['subtotal']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE; //> POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['subtotal']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE;

Edited by NatalieB

I've found that in my_points.php, the script checks to find the status of the order for which points were gained, here:

$orders_status_query = tep_db_query("SELECT o.orders_id, o.orders_status, s.orders_status_name FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s WHERE o.customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' AND o.orders_id = '" . $pending_points['orders_id'] . "' AND o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id AND s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $orders_status = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_status_query);

But with product reviews, the product ID is stored in the orders_id field of the customers_points_pending table.

So the o.orders_id = '" . $pending_points['orders_id'] bit of the code above incorrectly checks a product ID agains order IDs. Am I correct? is this a bug?

Also, my reviews are adding 125 points to the users account instead of the 25 I've set it to. Anyone know why?

Read the forum rules...

I believe this is going to be a GREAT contrib, the instructions are among the smoothest I have seen, real clean and clear! I have about 100 mods installed and have a minor problem here. I cannot unrar the new files.rar. I am on a mac and am assuming therein lies the problem, I am hoping someone could email the rar'd files. It is real peculiar, I am using stuffit deluxe and can usually decode everything, including rars, I don't know?!@#@ most frustrating. Any advice would help I would actually like to figure out my problem but I guess finishing the install is more important. ANy help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

lildog

I am trying to develop a site that only allows for the use of points rewarded to salesmen for making sales. I do not want to use any other payment forms. I have installed this contribution and it is GREAT, but I have one issue.

If I have 500 point and want to buy 2 products that cost 300 points each the system gives me a warning on the payment page that I do not have enough points, and if I hit continue the a warning appears at the top of the age telling me I do not have enough points, but if I hit continue anyway it allows me to complete the order.

my demo site is Promo site if you create an account it will award you 300 points and allow you to make purchases. The site is not live so any suggestions would be appreciated.

i have exactly the same problem!

i've installed v2.0d, everything went alright until when i tested to purchase $18 item and redeem it with $20 points. a warning message appeared on top saying i do not have enough point to redeem and need to select a payment method.

please help us.

thank you.

When customers order something, and I update the status to Delivered, no points are added to them. It worked before and now it doesn't. I don't know where to start to get this fixed.

Thanks for a great contrib.

First I must say that I am very impressed with the amount of work that has gone into this contribution, it works great and its going to really help my online shop. I do have one question??? Everything seems to be working correctly however when I go purchase an item using my points, the cart doesnt use them and in order to continue I have to use another form of payment. Not sure what the problem is .. I downloaded and installed the latest version of this contribution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has been brought up before ... :blush:

First I must say that I am very impressed with the amount of work that has gone into this contribution, it works great and its going to really help my online shop. I do have one question??? Everything seems to be working correctly however when I go purchase an item using my points, the cart doesnt use them and in order to continue I have to use another form of payment. Not sure what the problem is .. I downloaded and installed the latest version of this contribution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this has been brought up before ... :blush:

To add to my previous post, If you do click on redeem points and also use a method of payment other than the points .. the transaction goes through. And in your account page, you can see the points have been deducted. If you would like to take a look at this first hand my store url is: http://www.seasonedcorps.com/store/osc/catalog this is NOT a live store, so feel free to sign up and make an account etc... again if you find anything that I might have to change please let me know.

If the customer checks the box to use points to cover their total amount, and they accidentally select a payment method, perhaps Paypal for instance, then they get sent to Paypal, which won't allow a payment of £0.00.

So is there any way of getting OSC to ignore the selected payment method if points are used to cover the total cost?

Thanks

Read the forum rules...

If the customer checks the box to use points to cover their total amount, and they accidentally select a payment method, perhaps Paypal for instance, then they get sent to Paypal, which won't allow a payment of £0.00.

So is there any way of getting OSC to ignore the selected payment method if points are used to cover the total cost?

Thanks

Read the forum rules...

Huxley Associates is currently have a requirement for Ogone Developer for an exciting new project based in Amsterdam.

Our client will offer excellent rates and a long-term contract. Can you advise me of your current availability please?

If this role is not relevant can you forward this on to anyone you know or make a recommendation please?

Kind regards

Nick

Nicholas Tsappis Huxley Associates

Manager - ERP/CRM Contract Division

540 Singel, Amsterdam, 1017 AZ

Tel: +31 (0)20 5221250 | Fax: +31 (0)20 5221251

Hade, Braylark, dmwspyder and For those looking for the answer to having to select a payment method even though the points is enough try this:

In catalog/checkout_confirmation.php:

FIND:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customer_shopping_points_spending'])&&tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) < $order->info['total'] && !is_object($$payment)) {

REPLACE WITH:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customer_shopping_points_spending'])&&tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) <= $order->info['total'] && !is_object($$payment)) {

I am not a php guru and this seems way to simple a fix but at worst it is a start. Please let me know your results.

Lildog

My last post is incorrect. IE faked me out, forgot to clear cache. I am working on it. I believe that is the correct line though as it is the only line that calls that error message.

lildog

My last post is incorrect. IE faked me out, forgot to clear cache. I am working on it. I believe that is the correct line though as it is the only line that calls that error message.

lildog

The statement tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) < $order->info['total'] is evaluating to true even though the variable appear to be the same. When echoed on the screen the results are:

tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) = 12.99716

$order->info['total'] = 12.99716

They appear to be the same but they are not any ideas?

The statement tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) < $order->info['total'] is evaluating to true even though the variable appear to be the same. When echoed on the screen the results are:

tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending) = 12.99716

$order->info['total'] = 12.99716

They appear to be the same but they are not any ideas?

in catalog/checkout_confirmation.php Try this line instead:

FIND:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customer_shopping_points_spending'])&&$currencies->($customer_shopping_points_spending)) < ($order->info['total']) && !is_object($$payment)) {

REPLACE WITH:

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customer_shopping_points_spending'])&&$currencies->format(tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending)) < $currencies->format($order->info['total']) && !is_object($$payment)) {

I've got a fix. I've inserted code which hides the payment selection table if the box is checked, unhiding it when you uncheck.

It does this dynamically, only when there's enough points to pay for the whole order and I'm very proud of it!

If anyone wants info on this let me know. Although I won't have chance to do anything until tuesday.

Read the forum rules...