• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Dear Altenter:

1. Is it possible for the points to be auto accepted, so no admin confirmation is needed.

Reading the code, I found that into catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php the function that makes 'Pending' the points are the 'tep_add_pending_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $points_toadd)'. If you change:

'status' => 1);

to

'status' => 2);

you get 'Confirmed' the points.

2. Can i give the points an expiry date (lets say 6 months)?

Yes. The easyest way I know is, going into admin/customers_points_pending.php, and then press 'cancel points' with orders older than 6 months.

If you want to make a automatic update you may do also  but  only if you don't delete no records into table 'customers_points_pending'. Remember that the total of points of each customers is into table 'customers' but the only way to know the story of all the points rewards/delete/redeemed are checking table 'customers_points_pending'.

If you delete a record in this table, not necesary delete points to table 'customers'.

My MySQL level is not so high, but you should do:

1.- Make a SQL query to show all records of 'customers_points_pending' older than 6 months.

2.- For each record see the value of the 'points_pending' field and add / delete from field 'customers_shopping_points'.

Sorry my bad English.... but I hope it may help a little.

Antonio

Thanks Antonio for this fruitfull reply.

this is exactly what i needed. step 1 was easy and step 2 will test my mysql patience :)

All the best,

altenter.

p.s. any idea for step 3 (add to welcome text: you have X points in your account)?

I just installed this mod on a new clean install of ms2. everything was working great, but then i added "osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's" mod. now the points are not being displayed to the customer on the product_info.php page, but the points do add to the account correctly, in the admin, in the account history, in the check out in future orders, etc. everything works perfect except for the display on products_info.

the search engine mod changes the url from http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...4&products_id=1

to http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/GraphicsC...atrox-G200-MMS/

if you load a page using the old cpath=X urls the points do display.

This leads me to think that a variable that was being passed is no longer, or has been renamed, but everything works correctly, so any info (like ProductId etc) is being passed.

any wisdom would be a big help im just clueless at this point

thanks

1. Is it possible for the points to be auto accepted, so no admin confirmation is needed.

Reading the code, I found that into catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php the function that makes 'Pending' the points are the 'tep_add_pending_points($customer_id, $insert_id, $points_toadd)'. If you change:

'status' => 1);

to

'status' => 2);

you get 'Confirmed' the points

Please note that If you follow the above you will only show op the points as confirmed but the will not be added to customers account.

You must confirm the points manually via admin in order to credit customers account with the pending points.

So doing the above changes will only make your customers and you confused.

Stores owners confirm pending points after the payment has done. in most cases the customers place an order and it takes a while before you recieve the payment.

so if points are auto credited the customers can then use the points to pay for next order.

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

I just installed this mod on a new clean install of ms2. everything was working great, but then i added "osCommerce Search Engine Otimized URL's" mod. now the points are not being displayed to the customer on the product_info.php page, but the points do add to the account correctly, in the admin, in the account history, in the check out in future orders, etc. everything works perfect except for the display on products_info.

the search engine mod changes the url from http://www.yoursite.com/product_info.php?c...4&products_id=1

to http://www.yoursite.com/Hardware/GraphicsC...atrox-G200-MMS/

if you load a page using the old cpath=X urls the points do display.

This leads me to think that a variable that was being passed is no longer, or has been renamed, but everything works correctly, so any info (like ProductId etc) is being passed.

any wisdom would be a big help im just clueless at this point

thanks

ponts get the variables from the actuall products price using the defualt fuctions found in currencies.php class(OsCommerce ms2 only).

You should check to see that those variables are passed(and correctly)to products info page

This is extremely useful contrib. Thank you Deep Silver.

Is it possible for us to give some tangible gifts to customers on the basis of the points they have got, instead of cash or money?

Ex : 1000 points will get them FREE HOLIDAY

2000 points will get them FREE IPOD etc.

Instead of converting points into dollars, its much more attractive if custoemr gets some gifts.

Well... do you want a speed up in the 'Confirming Process'?

I change/added some code to try to get it.

Into the file admin/customers_points_pending.php I added a dropdown list to filter all the records in 'View all', 'Show only Pending', 'Show Confirmed' and 'Show all Canceled'.

So you are able to see all the orders you may confirm or not.

If you want confirm all orders 'Pending' you only need to change this dropdown to 'Pending', so all the rows showed will be orders with a Point Status of 'Pending'.

In only two clicks (button 'Confirm Points' and then button 'Confirm Points' again) you will be able to change to 'Points Confirmed'. But also remember the warnings exposed in last post, so re-check every order to confirm his points....

ok, we start (go to file admin/customers_points_pending.php . Ver. Points & Gift Voucher fixed (12-sep-2005)):

1.- find (arround line 17 find):

$currencies = new currencies();

and change with:

$currencies = new currencies();

// drop-down filter array
 $filter_selection_array = array(	array('id' => '0', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_ORDERS),	
          	 array('id' => '1', 'text' => TEXT_POINTS_PENDING),
        	 array('id' => '2', 'text' => TEXT_POINTS_CONFIRMED),
        	 array('id' => '3', 'text' => TEXT_POINTS_CANCELLED));

2.- find (arroun line 273):

<td class="smalltext" align="right"><?php echo ' <b> ' . HEADING_RATE . ' </b>    ' .  HEADING_AWARDS . $currencies->format(1) . ' = ' . number_format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE,2) .'  ' . HEADING_POINTS .'    ' . HEADING_REDEEM  .  number_format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE,2)  .'  ' . HEADING_POINTS .' = ' . $currencies->format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE * REDEEM_POINT_VALUE); ?></td>
           <td align="right"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
             <tr></tr>
             <tr></tr>            
           </table></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>

... replace with:

<td class="smalltext" align="right"><?php echo ' <b> ' . HEADING_RATE . ' </b>    ' .  HEADING_AWARDS . $currencies->format(1) . ' = ' . number_format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE,2) .'  ' . HEADING_POINTS .'    ' . HEADING_REDEEM  .  number_format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE,2)  .'  ' . HEADING_POINTS .' = ' . $currencies->format(POINTS_PER_AMOUNT_PURCHASE * REDEEM_POINT_VALUE); ?></td>
         </tr>
   <tr><?php echo tep_draw_form('status', FILENAME_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING, '', 'get'); ?>
  	 <td colspan="3" class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_STATUS . ' ' .  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_selection', $filter_selection_array, '', 'onChange="this.form.submit();"'); ?></td>
   </form></tr>
       </table></td>

3.- find code (arround line 295):

<?php
   $orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.orders_status, o.customers_name, o.customers_email_address, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, cpp.points_pending as points_pending, cpp.comment as comment, cpp.status as status from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o , " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot , " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s , customers_points_pending cpp where ot.class = 'ot_total' and cpp.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by o.orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

<?php
$filter_selection = $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_selection'];
 switch ($filter_selection) {
     case '0': // all orders
    $filter_selection =  '';
    break;
  case '1': // status == 1 (pending)
    $filter_selection =  " and cpp.status = '1' ";
    break;
    case '2': // status == 2 (confirmed)
    $filter_selection =  " and cpp.status = '2' ";
    break;
  case '3': // status == 2 (canceled)
    $filter_selection =  " and cpp.status = '3' ";
    break;
    }

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.orders_status, o.customers_name, o.customers_email_address, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, cpp.points_pending as points_pending, cpp.comment as comment, cpp.status as status from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o , " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot , " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s , customers_points_pending cpp where ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $filter_selection . "and cpp.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by o.orders_id DESC";

4.- And last add some code into your language file. Goto file admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points_pending.php and ADD (for example, below 'define('HEADING_POINTS', 'points');'

define('HEADING_TITLE_STATUS', 'Status:');

define('TEXT_ALL_ORDERS', 'Show All');

I hope all the code is right and ussefull to all. If the autor of this interesting contribution want to add, perfect!

If you feel that something is wrong and/or missing, please put a post in this forum.

All the best.

Antonio

.... and another change I made into my files that should be interesting (I hope) to all...

Somebody ask to inform the customer, into the checkout proccess of the order, the atmount of points that should be able to spend in this order.

I write some code to show this info in checkout_paytmen.php.

To know that into the catalog/checkout_payment.php should show the info with the 'total of the order' and the points allowed to spend.

The code must check if the customer have enough points aproved to spend in the order or/and if there are some 'points limitation per order' (value in POINTS_MAX_VALUE). So the code will show the points max allowed to spend in this order.

I hope the logic written will be right and good (if someone detect some errors, please report it!).

Also, I added the possibility of hidden automaticly or not the check box that says 'Or tick here to use all available points balance(only if less then order total value' depending if the points to spend are less than the total value (in points) of the order.

From now this ckeckbox will be showed only if the points to spend are less than the value of points of the order...

?Vamos a ello! (let's we go!)

In file catalog/checkout_payment.php:

1.- find (around line 358):

<td class="main" width="100%" colspan="3"><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_START . number_format($customer_shopping_points,2) . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_MIDDLE . $currencies->format(tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points)) . '.'; ?></td>
               <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
             </tr>

and replace with:

<td class="main" width="100%" colspan="3"><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_START . number_format($customer_shopping_points,2) . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_MIDDLE . $currencies->format(tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points)) . '.'; ?></td>
             </tr>
    <tr>
   <?php
  	 // calculate the max point allowed to charge in this order
  	 $max_points_to_spend = 0;
     $max_points_to_spend = ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > POINTS_MAX_VALUE ? POINTS_MAX_VALUE : $order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE);
  	 $max_points_to_spend = (number_format($customer_shopping_points,2) > $max_points_to_spend ? $max_points_to_spend : number_format($customer_shopping_points,2));
   ?>
               <td class="main" width="100%" colspan="3"><?php printf(TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_TOTAL, $currencies->format($order->info['total']), number_format($max_points_to_spend,2)); ?></td>
             </tr>

2.- find (arround line 378):

<td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?><br><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL; ?></td>
                   <td class="main" align="right"><br><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points); ?></td>

... and replace with:

<td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?>
  	 <?php
  	 if ($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE > $max_points_to_spend) {      
      echo '<br><br>' . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL . '   ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points) . '</td>';
  	 }
  	 ?>

and finally going to the language file (admin/includes/languages/english/checkout_paytmen.php)

3.- Add into this file find:

define('TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_MIDDLE', ' Shopping points with total worth ');

and change with:

define('TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_MIDDLE', ' Shopping points with total worth ');
// new
define('TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_TOTAL', 'The amount of the purchase is: %s<br>(You are allow to use until  %s points in this order)');
// new

I will be happy if someone help this code and also the code are all right. If not, please I beg your pardon... and inform us the bugs found (I should change into our page... :thumbsup: )

All the best.

Antonio

Sorry...

I found a mistake in step 2:

You should do this insead the step 2 of the last post :

<td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?><br><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL; ?></td>
                  <td class="main" align="right"><br><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points); ?></td>

... and replace with:

<td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?>
   <?php
   if (tep_round($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE,2) > tep_round($customer_shopping_points,2) && tep_round($customer_shopping_points,2) <= POINTS_MAX_VALUE) {      
     echo '<br><br>' . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL . '   ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points) . '</td>';
   }
   ?>

Sorry for my mistake....

All the best.

Antonio

ponts get the variables from the actuall products price using the defualt fuctions found in currencies.php class(OsCommerce ms2 only).

You should check to see that those variables are passed(and correctly)to products info page

thanks for the heads up. this was my fault, the search engine opt changes the index.php page to include all the info normally called by the products_info.php page, so products_info is no longer called at all.

one more question. it is my understanding that the restrictions you can set are to restrict which products can be purchased using points. is there a way to restrict which product give points? example if a customer buys productA he receives X points, if a customer buys productB he does not receive any points. i know this can be done for the products listed as "specials", but can it be done for a normal product or a category of products. i know i could list productB as a special and stop giving points for it and all specials, but this would kill the ability to still use specials the way it was designed to be used.

thanks

Sorry...

I found a mistake in step 2:

You should do this insead the step 2 of the last post :

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? <td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?><br><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? <td class="main" align="right"><br><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points); ?></td>

... and replace with:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? <td class="main" ><?php echo TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING . '  ' .tep_draw_input_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points_spending , 'onBlur="validate(this)" onFocus="clearText(this)" maxlength="7" style="width:70px"'); ?>
? ?<?php
? ?if (tep_round($order->info['total']/REDEEM_POINT_VALUE,2) > tep_round($customer_shopping_points,2) && tep_round($customer_shopping_points,2) <= POINTS_MAX_VALUE) { ? ? ?
? ? ?echo '<br><br>' . TEXT_REDEEM_SYSTEM_SPENDING_ALL . '   ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('customer_shopping_points_spending', $customer_shopping_points) . '</td>';
? ?}
? ??>

Sorry for my mistake....

All the best.

Antonio

hi

it is very nice of you to add improvements on this fantastic module created by Deep-silver but i don't think it is appropriate at the moment because it seems as though he is the sole author of the original code and if we start to add bits of other codes, it may clash when we add more contributions/upgrades from Deep-Silver

I think the best thing to do is to put a request here like everyone else and wiat for Deep-Silver to decide whether he wants to do the modification or not...

... at least to get his permission before posting code hre

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

hi

it is very nice of you to add improvements on this fantastic module created by Deep-silver but i don't think it is appropriate at the moment because it seems as though he is the sole author of the original code and if we start to add bits of other codes, it may clash when we add more contributions/upgrades from Deep-Silver

I think the best thing to do is to put a request here like everyone else and wiat for Deep-Silver to decide whether he wants to do the modification or not...

... at least to get his permission before posting code hre

thanks

Dear Aleem:

Thanks for your glad works.

I read the GNU License and each of the files of deep-silver (good as interesing) contribution and I can't find no place where he sais: Warning! I don't need your help! It's my contribution and nobody can contribute update/modify it.

The two modif. I suggest are small pieces of code that you may put / check / and erase in a few minutes.

They don't change the filosophy of the mod and may be these would be cataloged as 'trying to improve theyr functionality'.

These are changes I made to my own future web and only I try to share with other people (code == time).

I have no time and DON'T WANT to make a new contribution with the same name of the deep-silver with only a few changes. But I was thinking that this forum whould be the good place to write these ideas.

May be they are wrong (it is possible!), not interesting (well, at least to one person it's interesting... yes - mime! :blush: ) and may be confusing (My English level is so low as my PHP level...).

Sorry if I disturb to you with these ideas. I think that ALL the osCommerce code is the work of a few people, a lot other other suggest and another few make the improvements / changes.

Until now I was a 'suggesting people' and now I try to colaborate and help (in my limited knoledge...).

For example, as you can suspect, I'm Spanish and I had contacted with deep-silver to offers also a spanish traslation of the files. It seems that he are interesting in this... and also he's so polite to don't critice our posts (well, may be they are not interested or have no time to spend his time reading it).

If this code is good for someone. Perfect!

If there are some mistakes, please perdon, perdon perdon! (contact with me or write in the forun. I think, share our questions is so important that show our knoledge).

If this code is not interesting. Sorry again!

Why not test this code and says?

Antonio, it don't work and only must read forums....

... or Don't think it's interesting!

... or It's good, but I suggest best this code...!

Well. I think you are the freedom to says all you want. Sorry again if my post disturb you.

May be you are right and I don't must go out of the 'suggesting people'.

Antonio

Hi!

I installed the 1.50 version and it works fine, except for this:

-The points doesn't are being subtracted from customer

-In the order history, it doesn't show the discount of the points

I don't know why, i maked a backup before doing the module, and tryed 2x, first i tried step by step, and after i tried overwriting my files but no luck.

I know that i am doing everything right, just don't know why it doesn't are working...

I don't use any modules listed in this post.

Plz help me! =D

TIA

Hi Deep Silver and others,

first of all thanks for this beautifull contribution! I have a question.

I installed it in my shop and it works fine ;-), exept for the matter of recalculating tax. It doesn't recalculate.

Is recalculating tax possible?

If so, how can i work that out?

I work with: v1.50 - gv-contri and set the pointcontri on no point rewarding over  tax and shipping.

I hope you can inform me.

Best regards,

Folkert

Is there anyone who can give me some info?

From a rainy Holland,

Folkert

Dear Aleem:

I read the GNU License .......

Antonio

you didn't understand what i was trying to state...

the latest version with update that Deep-Silver has made available does not include an update that he did not make, but this update is available as a download too.

i was trying to fairly state that there is a chance that if the script is modified and updated by Deep-Silver then he will no doubt help us when we have problems as he knows the code inside out...

but maybe he won't if other people do it - that's all

I hope you have success in coding for this forum

Aleem

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

on the product_info.php page, whether or not i'm logged in -- it says: "With your points, you will save:$0.80 on this item!" (i changed the lang files, so it may be different)

so people that DON'T HAVE ANY POINTS are being told they have points... how can i fix this??

Antonio

you didn't understand what i was trying to state...

the latest version with update that Deep-Silver has made available does not include an update that he did not make, but this update is available as a download too.

i was trying to fairly state that there is a chance that if the script is modified and updated by Deep-Silver then he will no doubt help us when we have problems as he knows the code inside out...

but maybe he won't if other people do it - that's all

I hope you have success in coding for this forum

Aleem

Dear Aleem:

Thanks again for your words.

Are you thinking that if you have some question about the code I put here, I will be unable to answer you?

Remember my 2 post make as 'cosmetical' as 'small' as (I hope) ussefull improvements in 2 files:

One is interesting for the customer: They knows the points that he are allow to spend (depending the Total Order that ALSO IS SOWHED in this file. A question asked in this forum).

The other may filter the Customers Shiping Points depending the status value. If you are into customers_points_pending.php with 100 orders with different 'Point Status' it will be a little hard to admin this.

Also, whith my code, you may discover if one order labeled 'In Process' is really 'confirmed' or 'Pending'. Even it should be a good chance for people (people that are asking in this forum, sometimes without answer, sometimes with bad code as I put some days ago...) that wants a way to put 'Confirmed' fast (and as Deep-Silver advise, dangerous).

I understand your point of view, but I'm sorry, I can't disturb anybody with my propolsals.

I hope nobody use it, because I find no response about this (the code may be is wrong or not interesting).

So, don't worry. Mo more propolsals.

I will keept waching....

All the best.

Antonio

Hi!

I installed the 1.50 version and it works fine, except for this:

-The points doesn't are being subtracted from customer

-In the order history, it doesn't show the discount of the points

I don't know why, i maked a backup before doing the module, and tryed 2x, first i tried step by step, and after i tried overwriting my files but no luck.

I know that i am doing everything right, just don't know why it doesn't are working...

I don't use any modules listed in this post.

Plz help me!  =D

TIA

Check your setting in refer to catalog/checkout_process.php

on the product_info.php page, whether or not i'm logged in -- it says: "With your points, you will save:$0.80 on this item!" (i changed the lang files, so it may be different)

so people that DON'T HAVE ANY POINTS are being told they have points... how can i fix this??

the code for catalog/product_info.php is only to show the points value information.

its got nothing to do with customers login.

so the points values are shown to all.

Would it be possible to setup "levels" for points depending on amount of purchase?

Such as:

$1 - $50 = .05 points earned per dollar

$50 - $100 = .075 points earned per dollar

$100 + = .10 points earned per dollar

If possible, could this be included in the next release?

Thanks!

Priest

Dear Aleem:

I read the GNU License .......

OsCommerce is a free and open sorce.

Many users download and use this module. sometime contributions don't 100% feel your needs and some users have other point of view.

If anyone have idea addon or whatever, this is the place.But you all must remember that you should use it at your own risk

if you add piceces of code you must dubble check you setting as i can't give support for something that is not part of my code. then you should seek support for the person who wrote the add on and not me.

If you feel that you are in need of this add on feel free as its your shop and you can do with it as you like.

Antonio Garcia is working hard to share his idea with all of us. you should give him a chance. as well as he offered help with spanish version . (I requseted help with languages support but nobody bothered)so far is the only one that do it , everybody alse just enjoy the module.

As for the code its self(Antonio's one) ,i did not look at it much but now maybe its a good idea i will have a closer look at it later on.

Would it be possible to setup "levels" for points depending on amount of purchase?

Such as:

$1 - $50 = .05 points earned per dollar

$50 - $100 = .075 points earned per dollar

$100 + = .10 points earned per dollar

If possible, could this be included in the next release?

Thanks!

Priest

it's a great idea(require lots of work). we will have to wait and see what others think about it and if most of us find it usefull then maybe i will try to add it on next relese.

it's a great idea(require lots of work). we will have to wait and see what others think about it and if most of us find it usefull then maybe i will try to add it on next relese.

i think it is a good idea to have.

it will encourage customers to hit the higher levels if they know that they will have more Points to spend eventually.

BTW Deep-Silver, as per the install file i wanted to get rid if 1/2 points so i did remove the,2 from the my_points.php and it still never remove the .00 from the page. any ideas why?

thanks

CHOOCH

BTW Deep-Silver, as per the install file i wanted to get rid if 1/2 points so i did remove the,2 from the my_points.php and it still never remove the .00 from the page. any ideas why?

thanks

okee dokee

problems... i just noticed when i did my test order that after checkout my Points do not get minused in the my_points.php

on the admin/orders.php they do not show as part payment either and after installing i must have done something wrong as the oscommerce site doesn't send emails anymore

help anyone, please?

CHOOCH

okee dokee

problems... i just noticed when i did my test order that after checkout my Points do not get minused in the my_points.php

on the admin/orders.php they do not show as part payment either and after installing i must have done something wrong as the oscommerce site doesn't send emails anymore

help anyone, please?

1.in regard the .00 please read the buttom of INSTALL.txt again.

2.in regard to your bigger problem, just turn off the points module and place a test order to see if you got email and orders.

its just a quick check to see if the problem coused by the points module or some others.

if you get orders and mail when the system is off, then go over the install step again.