• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

error with rewards and points i got a error everything works fine till after u enter the amount of points you want to use it does not subtract the points total with the purchase total. (btw i am useing paypal ipn. but everything else is working fine.)

first I asked NOT email directly.

secound I'm not here to support Paypal IPN.

IF you ask for my support you should respact my wish.

I will post this with the replay at the forum so others will learn too.

Now when we understand each others let me try to help.

when you say it does not subtract the points total with the purchase total.

Do you mean at order confirmation page or at paypal site?

If the error is at the order confirmation page ,

Go to Admin->Modules->Order Total under Points Redemptions make sure its install and the sort order is less then TOTAL and higher then SUB-TOTAL.

On a fresh install of oscommerce the sort order for Points Redemptions and TOTAL

are the same = 4 you must change the sort order for TOTAL to higher then 4.

If the error is at the paypal site,

Go to Admin->Payment Modules->PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)

Ensure that you set the options in this module under... "Transaction Type" you MUST select Aggregate alse it will not show the correct total at paypal.

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

its not missing its there just after the original line so it will comment out the original line.

if by any chance it dose not look clear enough for you when the code is placed here at the forum then download the package from oscommerce site and check out the modified file you refer to.

I had to move it when I did it that way and all was commented out.... I will look at it again. thanks!

maddie

Edited by MzBeanz

Hi

I wanted to download the full zip to see the screen shots but the URL did not see to work?

My interest in this module at this point in time is to see if reward points can be varied by catefory of product purchased i.e. you get more for things from one category, less from another, none from another.

That possible?

thanks for you time

Hi

I wanted to download the full zip to see the screen shots but the URL did not see to work?

My interest in this module at this point in time is to see if reward points can be varied by catefory of product purchased i.e. you get more for things from one category, less from another, none from another.

That possible?

thanks for you time

Thank you for your interest in this module.

the demo site is online you can try the system to see if it fits your need. and if you like it you can downloaded from the demo site

http://deep-silver.com/shop/

or oscommerce contributions page

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,points.

Hi, ive installed this module and all its working great, just a question , on the product info when I set it to display the points it shows it like 112.323421 points.

anyway to drop the decimal places so its just 112 points

cheers

Hi, ive installed this module and all its working great, just a question , on the product info when I set it to display the points it shows it like 112.323421 points.

anyway to drop the decimal places so its just 112 points

cheers

What currecy do you use?

The result shown are unusuall as points decimal is 15,2 that mean only to digit afer the dot.

try to use other currency if available and if the problem is still there accsess your phpMyAdmin your databse and make sure the decimal is currectly.

Hi and many thanks for your contribution!

I just have a small problem.

Each order will receive two unique ID. I do not know how it is possible, I kept trying to repeat the instalation but the result is the same.

Consequently, in "catalog/my_points.php" the customer then sees two identical lines for his/her order.

In "admin/customers_points_pending.php" I see two lines, too. If I click on "confirm points", the status will change at both the lines simultaneously, and the customer is given the right number of points (that is NOT the doubled one).

The problem consists only in the fact that the customer sees each order doubled, so he/she must be puzzled. This happens only in "my_points.php". On the page "My account information" the orders are presented correctly.

I do not know at all where to look for the mistake. Could you give me some advice please?

Thank you very much

Hi and many thanks for your contribution!

I just have a small problem.

Each order will receive two unique ID. I do not know how it is possible, I kept trying to repeat the instalation but the result is the same.

Consequently, in "catalog/my_points.php" the customer then sees two identical lines for his/her order.

In "admin/customers_points_pending.php" I see two lines, too. If I click on "confirm points", the status will change at both the lines simultaneously, and the customer is given the right number of points (that is NOT the doubled one).

The problem consists only in the fact that the customer sees each order doubled, so he/she must be puzzled. This happens only in "my_points.php". On the page "My account information" the orders are presented correctly.

I do not know at all where to look for the mistake. Could you give me some advice please?

Thank you very much

The problem is with the seasons kept in databse. when you add items to card before login the script save the season in your databse untill you login and marge your visitor cart to your card.

I think that you had a few unsolved cart items before installing this contribution.

Try to restore your backup and before executing the statements in redemptions.sql

go to your databse and delete all seasons you don't need, (for example your test seasons and robots seasons). then delete the cookie in your pc if you can't find the cookie made , just delete all cookies via your ie browser under tools/internet options...

When done its always a good idea to restart your system or at least you must close all internet explorer windows before accssing your databse again.

Now execute the statements in redemptions.sql .

then go to your shop ,login and make sure you don't have any item in your card before you add any new items.

That's should solve your problem.(i hope)

Everything has been working fine, I've done no changes to any PHP files and now all of the sudden when looking at Pending Points , I get this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-50, 50' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.orders_status, o.customers_name, o.customers_email_address, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total, cpp.points_pending as points_pending, cpp.comment as comment, cpp.status as status from orders o , orders_total ot , orders_status s , customers_points_pending cpp where ot.class = 'ot_total' and cpp.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.orders_id = ot.orders_id and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -50, 50

Young - - It sounds like your webhost updated MySQL on your server.  I say that because your error sounds conspicuously like this:  http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1605 .

-jared

Thanks Jared but this is happening on the admin side. Unfortunately I did a test purchase and cannot redeem points now. Ugh. The version is 4.3.11 which they have been running way before I installed this contribution.

Right now it's weird they did something and looking at the database:

One weird thing that does not look right:

database structure it says for the Collation - latin1_swedish_ci

Edited by Young Tae Byun

The problem is with the seasons kept in databse. when you add items to card before login the script save the season in your databse untill you login and marge your visitor cart to your card.

I think that you had a few unsolved cart items before installing this contribution.

Try to restore your backup and before executing the statements in redemptions.sql

go to your databse and delete all seasons you don't need, (for example your test seasons and robots seasons). then delete the cookie in your pc if you can't find the cookie made , just delete all cookies via your ie browser under tools/internet options...

When done its always a good idea to restart your system or at least you must close all internet explorer windows before accssing your databse again.

Now execute the statements in redemptions.sql .

then go to your shop ,login and make sure you don't have any item in your card before you add any new items.

That's should solve your problem.(i hope)

Hi deep-silver,

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

I am completely new to all database things so I would like to ask some more questions.

By deleting seasons you mean deleting all orders from my database? (I have just test shop, not live yet). If I delete them from my admin, would it be the same?

I am sorry for such beginners questions. I am now sure how to find the seasons in the database. :(

Thank you again for your time

Edited by scrappycz

Young - - It sounds like your webhost updated MySQL on your server.  I say that because your error sounds conspicuously like this:  http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1605 .

-jared

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144095

this seemed to fix it. but i am sick of my host making upgrades and then rolling back when everyone starts to complain of problems. a bunch of useless resellers.

the only problem now is that customers cannot redem points because it doesn't show up during checkout. customer can check their redemption points and it shows. hrmmm.

Edited by Young Tae Byun

Hi deep-silver,

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

I am completely new to all database things so I would like to ask some more questions.

By deleting seasons you mean deleting all orders from my database? (I have just test shop, not live yet). If I delete them from my admin, would it be the same?

I am sorry for such beginners questions. I am now sure how to find the seasons in the database.  :(

Thank you again for your time

To delete the seasons you must accses your databse using phpMyAdmin or whatever. at almost the buttom of the table list you will find a table called sessions make sure that the table is empty as well as table customers_basket and tabel customers_basket_attributes.

Anyway is you run tests just delete the database and run the sql again on a fresh install.

Just for purposes of clarification, the bug report does say to make the change to the split_page_results on both the catalog and the admin side.

-jared

Thanks Jared but this is happening on the admin side. 

Edited by jcall

To delete the seasons you must accses your databse using phpMyAdmin or whatever. at almost the buttom of the table list you will find a table called sessions  make sure that the table is  empty as well as table customers_basket  and tabel customers_basket_attributes.

Anyway is you run tests just delete the database and run the sql again on a fresh install.

Hi deep-silver,

I did all you suggested but it did not solve the problem. :(

Never mind, your contribution is great. I have made some mistake but can?t find which one.

I will delete the additional rows from database manually, then.

Thank you for spending your time with my problem.

Just for purposes of clarification, the bug report does say to make the change to the split_page_results on both the catalog and the admin side.

-jared

Thanks. I missed that. But the contribution still doesn't work. The pages are fine now in the admin side but when a customer checks out, they have no option to redeem points. 4.3.11 version of MySql is running and it has been for a while now before I installed this contribution.

Hello Deep Silver

Not sure you got my PM about the problem with figuring the points. I just discoverd another potential problem. I had a gal order on 7/01/2005 and she used money order as her payment method and it does not show any pending points for her? There were orders before her and after and they did but they did not pay voa money order. Any ideas? Thanks

Maddie

Hello Deep Silver

Not sure you got my PM about the problem with figuring the points. I just discoverd another potential problem. I had a gal order on 7/01/2005 and she used money order as her payment method and it does not show any pending points for her? There were orders before her and after and they did but they did not pay voa money order. Any ideas?  Thanks

Maddie

Really????????

You should check the demo shop, if its wotk there(its work!!) then you should check your setting or coding.

The first thing to check is if she deserve to get point for her order.

You also should always remember that the module award points for the amount the customer spend. so if the customer did not spend money(i.e use cuppons or points) he will not be awarded with points.

To find some other reason to this. you will need to provide more info about that order(amount spend,shipping,tax,itc).

Really????????

You should check the demo shop, if its wotk there(its work!!) then you should check your setting or coding.

The first thing to check is if she deserve to get point for her order.

You also should always remember that the module award points for the amount the customer spend. so if the customer did not spend money(i.e use cuppons or points) he will not be awarded with points.

To find some other reason to this. you will need to provide more info about that order(amount spend,shipping,tax,itc).

ok gotcha :thumbsup: I am going to keep track in a log book so I can provide you a more informed post. Thanks for all your help you are the best!

Maddie

ok gotcha  :thumbsup:  I am going to keep track in a log book so I can provide you a more  informed post. Thanks for all your help you are the best!

Maddie

I did notice somthing about that specific transaction for which no points were pending for the customer (not sure if it is the culprit or not).

This order had several discounted items (in bold print):

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Geometric Clips ~ Orange (TGGeoClipOrange) = $0.85

1 x Dark Copper Artistic Wire 22g (DCopperAW22) = $1.25

1 x Black Artistic Wire 22g (BAW22gauge) = $1.25

1 x Orange 4mm (orangebitty12ct) = $0.49

1 x Black 4mm (blkbitty12ct) = $0.49

1 x Hunter Green 12ct (EFhtgrn12ct) = $0.35

1 x Black ~ Fine Weave (FWMeshBlack) = $3.50

1 x Burnt Orange ~ Fine Weave (FWMeshBurntOrgange) = $3.50

1 x Orange ~ Fine Weave (FWMeshOrange) = $3.50

1 x Masking Magic (MaskingMagic) = $2.25

1 x Super Tape (SuperTape) = $3.49

Sub-Total: $20.92

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.32lbs) (First-Class Mail): $1.54

Total: $22.46

So as tax and shipping and discounted items do not count reward points would have been $4.68 x .1 = 0.468 but none were given. This was the first order since installing the update that had discounted items in the order. Thanks for helping!

Maddie

I did notice somthing about that specific transaction for which no points were pending for the customer (not sure if it is the culprit or not).

This order had several discounted items (in bold print):

Sub-Total: $20.92

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.32lbs) (First-Class Mail): $1.54

Total: $22.46

So as tax and shipping and discounted items do not count reward points would have been $4.68 x .1 = 0.468  but none were given.  This was the first order since installing the update that had discounted items in the order.  Thanks for helping!

Maddie

The mod will not award points for cart that contain discounted products.

even if only one item is discounted and all the rest are full price.

any mixed cart will have one result ither yes or no.

so your customer did not award with points since part of her cart contained discounted products.

The module search for invalid products not valid ones.