• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

There is one hard coded language sentence left inside the catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions.php

$this->output[] = array('title' => 'Shopping Points Redeemed (' . $customer_shopping_points_spending . ' x ' .$currencies->format(REDEEM_POINT_VALUE, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '):',

Go to my site and make sure to download the full package

http://www.deep-silver.com/oscommerce/poin...eward_v1.10.zip

replace......catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions.php

with the one from the fresh download.

the line should say.....(line no.38)

$this->output[] = array('title' =>''. MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_REDEMPTIONS_TEXT .'(' . $customer_shopping_points_spending . ' x ' .$currencies->format(REDEEM_POINT_VALUE, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '):',

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

thats not true as this module will NOT allow you to check out  if he hasn't choosed a payment method. and the test shop will prove it.

YOU had to do this modification as you are using GV module with the latest post

in regard to check for error. many stores use GV module even if its still subject to lots of bugs.

GV module used to show errors in red line above all in checkout payment page but now when someone made a change to it and its now shwoing errors like the way credit card errors show up. so its been forsted to be treated as payment method while as points/rewards they both not a reall payment as a reall payment should hold a *.payment.php and  ot_*.php so as long as GV has NO gv.php in payment module for me its not a payment.

by forsing GV to treated as payment you had to modify / replace so many files

and the result are that evreyone has a diffarent check out procces.

The line that you refer to is the line that will return the error for the payment method . consider it as a gate orders that passed this get will be able to complete

checkout procses.

IF this change work for you thats great .

BUT please remember that not all oscommerce users have GV installed (and even if they do not necessry exactly like yours) so the installation instrctions i wrote refer to a fresh install once you have made change to your files you will have to find your way to marge this contributions with your corrent.

P.S= im not here to support GV module i have enough supporting mine.

Hi!

Don't know where my post was misleading... Feel sorry!

I've just posted my piece of code to share it with people that would meet the same pb as me as I know CCGV is the 1st contribution downloaded.

Regards.

OSC2.2

Also an extra row for showing the amount of points spend on the order wouldn't hurt that much I guess. You are right that it shows on the order history pages but opening one and each of these to take a look at the points spend is not what I would like as a customer. Afterall it is a balance and showing all incoming and outgoing points is what I would like to see as a customer. As the page only shows points I don't think a customer will be daunted by it and think 'wow, I really should spend less'.

Anyhow, just my thoughts. It is way cool as it is now anyway !

Howard

you can do those change its not so diff'

if more users will ask for it i will do the change

Installed the latest update 1.10. Great contribution. One thing I would like to see is the option on the admin side to NOT allow customers to use their redemption points on SALE items.

Some of us feel that customers should be allowed to use their redemption points on SALE items and some don't.

I think this would be a great addition.

Only for those who use the PWA (Purchase Without Account) and/or TotalB2B contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2158/category,all/search,totalb2b)

PWA

If a PWA customer does an order there will be no customer record but only an order record. This does however also create an entry for the points systeem which shouldn't be there as there should be no points to earn or redeem for a PWA customer. To prevent a record written to the points table change the catalog/checkout_process.php as follows:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('noaccount'))
{

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.10 balance customer points BOF ####
// customer shoppping points account balanced with or without shipping cost
// with or without tax, with or without shipping cost and tax.
 if (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true' && $customer_shopping_points_spending) {
   tep_set_shopping_points(($customer_shopping_points - $customer_shopping_points_spending), $customer_id);
 }

if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true' && ($order->info['total'] > 0) ) {
   if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'false') &&  (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'false'))
     $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'] - $order->info['tax'];
      else if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'false') && (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'true'))
     $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'];
      else if ((USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'true') &&  (USE_POINTS_FOR_TAX == 'false'))
     $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['tax'];
      else $points_toadd = $order->info['total'];
   }

if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true' && ($order->info['total'] > 0) ) {// only add pending points for order over 0
    tep_add_pending_points($ordernum,  $customer_id, $insert_id,$points_toadd);
  }

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.10 balance customer points EOF ####*/
}
// end for check on PWA customers who should not get points

This is no more then a check around the changes you have to make to this file anyway.

TotalB2B

This is a somewhat tougher one. In fact they cooperate perfectly together (as far as I have tested now) except when you have actived the 'Display Points Information' with the Points/Rewards module. In that case it wants to show the points and value within your product pages based upon the product price which is more or less severely changed based upon your setting with the TotalB2B module. The points are then getting counted on the original price and not on the deducted price.

The underneath solution is pretty universal I think and can be incorporated with the Points/Rewards module whether you use TotalB2B or not. At least I have not encountered any problems so far but that's on my test shop.

Anyhow, the first thing is to fetch a part of the code from the TotalB2B contrib and copy it in the catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php.

// Added 17 June 2005 for use with Points & Rewards System
 function B2B_return_price_clean($products_id, $products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {
    global $customer_id;
 $products_price_ori = $products_price;
    $query_price_to_guest = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'ALLOW_GUEST_TO_SEE_PRICES'");
    $query_price_to_guest_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_price_to_guest);
    if (($query_price_to_guest_result['configuration_value']=='true') && !(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))) {
 $query_guest_discount = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " WHERE configuration_key = 'GUEST_DISCOUNT'");
 $query_guest_discount_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_guest_discount);
       $customer_discount = $query_guest_discount_result['configuration_value'];
    if ($customer_discount >= 0) {
    $products_price = $products_price + $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    } else {
    $products_price = $products_price - $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    }
 if ((abs($customer_discount) != 0) && (tep_get_products_special_price($products_id) == "")) {
   return $products_price;
 } else {
   return $products_price;
 }
 } elseif (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
 $query_A = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = 0 and m.manudiscount_customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
 $query_B = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS  . " c, " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = c.customers_groups_id  and m.manudiscount_customers_id = 0 and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
 $query_C = tep_db_query("select m.manudiscount_discount from " . TABLE_MANUDISCOUNT .  " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where m.manudiscount_groups_id = 0 and m.manudiscount_customers_id = 0 and p.products_id = '" . $products_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manudiscount_manufacturers_id");
 if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_A)) {
  $customer_discount = $query_result['manudiscount_discount'];
 } else if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_B)) {
 } else if ($query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query_C)) {
 } else {
  $query = tep_db_query("select g.customers_groups_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS . " g inner join  " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS  . " c on g.customers_groups_id = c.customers_groups_id and c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");
  $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
  $customers_groups_discount = $query_result['customers_groups_discount'];
  $query = tep_db_query("select customers_discount from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id =  '" . $customer_id . "'");
  $query_result = tep_db_fetch_array($query);
  $customer_discount = $query_result['customers_discount'];
  $customer_discount = $customer_discount + $customers_groups_discount;
 }
    if ($customer_discount >= 0) {
    $products_price = $products_price + $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    } else {
    $products_price = $products_price - $products_price * abs($customer_discount) / 100;
    }
 if ((abs($customer_discount) != 0) && (tep_get_products_special_price($products_id) == "")) {
   return $products_price;
 } else {
   return $products_price;
 }
    } else {
       return '';
    }
  }

The only thing I changed was the name of this function and have it return a clean, non-formatted, price which is neccessary to work properly with the Point/Rewards contrib functions.

Next thing is a slightly altered change to the catalog/product_info.php which you have/had to do for the Point/Reward module.

<!-- Points/Rewards Module v1.10 show_points_info  bof -->
<?php
   if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (DISPLAY_POINTS_INFO == 'true')) { // check that the points system is enabled
     if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
       $products_price_points = tep_display_points($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
     } else {

$b2binstalled = false;
 $b2b_config_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_group_title from " .  TABLE_CONFIGURATION_GROUP);
 while ($b2b_config = tep_db_fetch_array($b2b_config_query)) {
	 if ($b2b_config['configuration_group_title'] == 'TotalB2B' ) {
   $b2binstalled = true;
//    echo 'TotalB2B is installed on your system!';
   break;
	 }
 }

if (b2binstalled == true) {
	 $products_price_points = tep_display_points( B2B_return_price_clean($product_info['products_id'],$product_info['products_price'],tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])), tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
 } else {

$products_price_points = tep_display_points($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
    }
     }
       $products_points = floor(tep_calc_products_price_points($products_price_points));
       $products_points_value = tep_calc_price_pvalue($products_points);

?>
<!--          <p><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_PRODUCT_POINTS , $products_points) . '<br>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_POINTS_VALUE .  $currencies->format($products_points_value); ?></p> -->
         <p><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_PRODUCT_POINTS , $products_points) . ' (' .  $currencies->format($products_points_value) . ')'; ?></p>

<?php
  }// else do not show points_value
?>
<!-- Points/Rewards Module v1.10 show_points_info eof -->

This should be tested further so use at your own risc but I hope this will be of use for others also. If someone knows a better way please share the knowledge !

hi guys

a big thank you to deep-silver... the two contributions you based the module on may or my not be excellent - but this one is easy to upload and configure and of course very easy to use.

i think the ccgv 5.13d (if it is the latest and if it works!) alongside this points module will be a fantastic tool for all webmasters.

i have ccgv5.12 on one test site and ccgv5.13 on another but i haven't added the points module as none of the ccgv modules work properly.

i take it that you have checked the points sytem with the ccgv5.12 and it works?

just one request, there are no referral links in the points system so it isn't possible for mr a to email a link to mr b with a clickable link code. nor does mr a have a referral code to give to mr b that can be inserted in the create_account.php page allowing mr a to receive 50 points as a referred new customer signed up and earning mr b 50 points for being the referer.

yes, mr a can still get x number of points for signing up as your fantastic module covers that, but the only thing missing that would make this truly phenomenally complete module would be if it had a referral system and was combined with a facility like the ccgv5.13

any chance anyone can try giving it a go... trying to get a referral ID included in the points system? that would be awesome

thanks deep silver

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

i get this error when the customers check their points

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_shopping_points() in /home/.hanna/jpwill21/yourbuckleswholesale.com/catalog/my_points.php on line 71

i also get this one on the product displays

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_display_points() in /home/.hanna/jpwill21/yourbuckleswholesale.com/catalog/product_info.php on line 127

anyone know how to fix it???

Edited by typer464

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_shopping_points() in /home/.hanna/jpwill21/yourbuckleswholesale.com/catalog/my_points.php on line 71

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_display_points() in /home/.hanna/jpwill21/yourbuckleswholesale.com/catalog/product_info.php on line 127

Have you checked if you did copy the correct redemptions.php to catalog/includes/functions ?

Did you placed redemptions.php into catalog/includes/functions/?

If yes then make sure you did not missd the step in refer to catalog/includes/application_top.php that register redemptions.php to oscommerce

a big thank you to deep-silver... the two contributions you based the module on may or my not be excellent .......

points/rewards module is NOT base on them, I wrote that the idea come from them. :blink:

i take it that you have checked the points sytem with the ccgv5.12 and it works?

Well im not sure of the version but its not the latest ccgv5.13(read post #128 for more info).

just one request, there are no referral links in the points system so it isn't possible for mr a to email a link to mr b with a clickable link code. nor does mr a have a referral code to give to mr b that can be inserted in the create_account.php page allowing mr a to receive 50 points as a referred new customer signed up and earning mr b 50 points for being the referer.

yes, mr a can still get x number of points for signing up as your fantastic module covers that, but the only thing missing that would make this truly phenomenally complete module would be if it had a referral system and was combined with a facility like the ccgv5.13

any chance anyone can try giving it a go... trying to get a referral ID included in the points system? that would be awesome

There are few issues in referral points module that is stoping me from combine those two modules together. if you play around with referral points module you will understand what im pointing on. there is a very easy way to add referral points to yourself as well as anyone referred by you.

@deep-silver:

Can you tell me something about the following in catalog/my_points.php

if($orders_status['orders_status'] == 2) {
   $points_status_name = TEXT_POINTS_PROCESSING;
 }

I am a bit confused about it's use as the status for the points is tight to an order status which can be different for everyone and it changes also the display for already acknowledged points for an order if you have more points database entries for the same order ?

Thanks in advance !

Just a quick note.  When you go to Pending Points in the Admin and approve the points and hit the radio button for Notify Customer ... an e-mail is sent and the customer is addressed as Ms.  not Mr. for males.

Thank you for this bug report.

and this is how to fix it.....

2 files need to modify...

admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points.php

admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points_pending.php

open admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points.php

find this .... (line no. 36 and line no.101)
         $balance = $customer['customers_shopping_points'];

and add after it.....

$gender = $customer['customers_gender'];

save and close this file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

open  admin/includes/languages/english/customers_points_pending.php

find this .... (line no. 36 and line no.91)
         $balance = $customer['customers_shopping_points'];

and add after it.....

$gender = $customer['customers_gender'];

save and close this file.

Done.

@deep-silver:

Can you tell me something about the following in catalog/my_points.php

?if($orders_status['orders_status'] == 2) {
? ?$points_status_name = TEXT_POINTS_PROCESSING;
?}

I am a bit confused about it's use as the status for the points is tight to an order status which can be different for everyone and it changes also the display for already acknowledged points for an order if you have more points database entries for the same order ?

Thanks in advance !

im not really sure i understand what you are trying to say.

the line you refer to is just a word to say that the points are in processing status.

when you change any order status from default status(pending) to processing you would also want to show the same in the points info for that order so this do it automatclly and you dont have to update points status.

You must make sure that the orders status name matches your database, i made it base on oscommerce default status name and sort order. If you have made any change to the original oscommerce statuses you should do the change to reflax it in catalog/includes/languages/english/my_points.php

im not really sure i understand what you are trying to say.

the line you refer to is just a word to say that the points are in processing status.

when you change any order status from default status(pending) to processing you would also want to show the same in the points info for that order so this do it automatclly and you dont have to update points status.

You must make sure that the orders status name matches your database, i made it base on oscommerce default status name and sort order. If you have made any change to the original oscommerce statuses you should do the change to reflax it in catalog/includes/languages/english/my_points.php

Thanks for your reply and I should have explained it a bit more I guess.

I'll try to explain on how my orders are handled which, I think, is more or less the same as for others.

When I get an order the status is default pending as are the points. Then I send a message that I received the order and I am handling/processing it. The points will reflect the same thing as you say. The 'problem' arises during this state of processing the order. Before I receive payment it can take a couple of days, sometimes a week, and the status stays processing. However, especially for trusted customers, I will add the points to their account already at this stage and then the processing status of the order will override the accepted status for the points. For now I have circumvented this by changing the conditional to

if($orders_status['orders_status'] == 2 && $points['status'] == 1) {
   $points_status_name = TEXT_POINTS_PROCESSING;
 }

in catalog and admin side.

Maybe it is just my way of working but I hope it is more clear what I meant and what could be encountered by others also.

regards,

Howard

Thanks for your reply and I should have explained it a bit more I guess.

I'll try to explain on how my orders are handled which, I think, is more or less the same as for others.

When I get an order the status is default pending as are the points. Then I send a message that I received the order and I am handling/processing it. The points will reflect the same thing as you say. The 'problem' arises during this state of processing the order. Before I receive payment it can take a couple of days, sometimes a week, and the status stays processing. However, especially for trusted customers, I will add the points to their account already at this stage and then the processing status of the order will override the accepted status for the points. For now I have circumvented this by changing the conditional to

?if($orders_status['orders_status'] == 2 && $points['status'] == 1) {
? ?$points_status_name = TEXT_POINTS_PROCESSING;
?}

in catalog and admin side.

Maybe it is just my way of working but I hope it is more clear what I meant and what could be encountered by others also.

regards,

Howard

I see.

well....

you can set it as you wish but as points cosider cash when redeemed.

by default we do not approve pending points before customers buy a product.

when a customer place an order, its still an order and not SALE .

thats way its called order and not sale.

for me item sold only when i receive the money for it and this is when i approve

the pending points.

I think that you should reconsider it as we award points for sold item and not for order item and we award points for money the customer spend, but if you approve points before you receive the money then you awarding points for orders made not for items that you sale

I see.

well....

you can set it as you wish but as points cosider cash when redeemed.

by default we do not approve pending points before customers buy a product.

when a customer place an order, its still an order and not SALE .

thats way its called order and not sale.

for me item sold only when i receive the money for it and this is when i approve

the pending points.

I think that you should reconsider it  as we award points for sold item and not for order item and we award points for money the customer spend, but if you approve points before you receive the money then you awarding points for orders made not for items that you sale

I guess that's the difference in your and my business though I do not know what business you are in ?!

I have many trusted customers and when they order it is a sale even if I have not yet received the money. My personal believe is that especially with internet sales it is important to build mutual trust and so I also ship before even having the money (of course only for those customers I have learned to trust and who appreciate this very much).

It's not a big deal however and the extra condition doesn't change the behaviour of your Points/Rewards contribution with normal handling of orders and only helps for those who can handle orders like me.

You really did a great job with this contribution and I just hope my (potential) customers will like it as much as I do :thumbsup:

One more small customisation problem to solve on the admin side and I can put it live which I hope will be asap.

Grtz.

Howard

I have a ? I had an order for a small amount and it showed up in the pedning points.

Ruby Ray $2.19 0 $0.22 06/15/2005 Your order has been shipped Pending

Question is if she didnt earn any points why is it there? Why do I have an option to confirm 0 points?

Will it show up in her My Account Section. Not sure I understand why it would do this and show 0 unless it is a cummulative type thing and other orders will be aded in future towards points. Can anyone explain. Thanks

Maddie

Edited by MzBeanz

I guess that's the difference in your and my business though I do not know what business you are in ?!

I have many trusted customers and when they order it is a sale even if I have not yet received the money. My personal believe is that especially with internet sales it is important to build mutual trust and so I also ship before even having the money (of course only for those customers I have learned to trust and who appreciate this very much).

It's not a big deal however and the extra condition doesn't change the behaviour of your Points/Rewards contribution with normal handling of orders and only helps for those who can handle orders like me.

You really did a great job with this contribution and I just hope my (potential) customers will like it as much as I do  :thumbsup:

One more small customisation problem to solve on the admin side and I can put it live which I hope will be asap.

Grtz.

Howard

Points/Rewards module base on cash back so you receive the money and from that you cash back (and not from your pocket.) and i'm sure that your trusted customers will not have any problem with that as giving away cash back is very nice way to treat trusted customers. you already beeing so nice to them by shipping goods before payment. isen't enough?

well.... points are something that customers earn not really something you give away. maybe you should consider give away cuoppons and not points thats will make your life much easier.

Anyway.....

To fix it in your system.

the best way for you I guess is to comment out those lines in both admin and my_points.php(customer).

by the way i'm wondring, in your way of business though when you approve pending points before you receive the money for it and the customers ofcurse use those points and redeem them for a new order and you send the goods before payment and approve the points and so on and on........

How do you keep tracks of all the points balance and the money you haven't recieved yet?

I have a ?  I had an order for a small amount and it showed up in the pedning points. 

Ruby Ray $2.19  0  $0.22  06/15/2005    Your order has been shipped Pending

Question is if she didnt earn any points why is it there? Why do I have an option to confirm 0 points?

Will it show up in her My Account Section. Not sure I understand why it would do this and show 0 unless it is a cummulative type thing and other orders will be aded in future towards points. Can anyone explain. Thanks

Maddie

can you please give some more info as like...

the exchange rate and if that order had any redeemption or any specials.

when you define the points value in admin you must remember that the value of redeem points can bee whatever you want you can set the points erned to less then 1(i.e 0.5 as half points)but when showing points there just a number so it will not show half point and will rounddown the points numbers and roundup the points value

Points/Rewards  module base on cash back so you receive the money and from that you cash back (and not from your pocket.) and i'm sure that your trusted customers  will not have any problem with that as giving away cash back is very nice way to treat trusted customers. you already beeing so nice to them by shipping goods before payment. isen't enough?

well.... points are something that customers earn not really something you give away. maybe you should consider give away cuoppons and not points thats will make your life much easier.

Anyway.....

To fix it in your system.

the best way for you I guess is to comment out those lines in both admin and my_points.php(customer).

I have thought about coupons but I see it less fit as the thing you made with the Points/Rewards module. That is much more direct and more appealing in my opinion.

by the way i'm wondring, in your way of business though  when you approve pending points before you receive the money for it and the customers ofcurse use those points and redeem them for a new order and you send the goods before payment and approve the points and so on and on........

How do you keep tracks of all the points balance and the money you haven't recieved yet?

I guess that is the advantage of a lower order shop. The customers are faithful but they don't order every week and for new customers I will not approve pending points before payment has arrived. Most sellings go through auction sites anyway which doesn't raise this potential problem but if your module can make me worry about this thing for the webshop one day, very good :D

can you please give some more info as like...

the exchange rate and if that order had any redeemption or any specials.

when you define the points value in admin you must remember that the value of redeem points can bee whatever you want you can set the points erned to less then 1(i.e 0.5 as half points)but when showing points there just a number so it will not show half point and will rounddown the points numbers and roundup the points value

Thank you!

Here is a pic of how I have it set up.

points.jpg

Maddie