• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Good points in a way of thinking.

since the customers earn points for the amount they spend, if the buy a pruduct that already discounted they will simpley earn less points but the still spent money and deserve the points for it.

Any way maybe it will still be a good idea to add this features with the option of turning it on/off just incase someone out there feel bad with giving points for discounted products. basectly it means that who ever will use this features,not really want to sale the discounted products and want the customers to push customers to pay a full price then i don't know if its a good idea to have a an ON SALE products for stores owners thinking this way

We share the same point of vue ;)

Give me your feedback on this : I want customers to see (realize) rewards points as points and not as money. It's a way to put forward the shop and its products and not the amount of money. As a consequence, I would like customers to be able to use their points when they reach 100 points. Thus, each time they reach 100 points, they can use them to pay their order. 100 points have a fixed value that can be memorized by the customers. This is of course a sales incentive but I don't think it could be misleading. Most of shop owners in France act this way. Tell me what you think about this.

Hope my english is not too bad to have me understood. :blush:

OSC2.2

Hope my english is not too bad to have me understood. :blush:

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. but point/reward module bild in a way that will fit any shop any currency and any price.

if you set the point limit in admin to 100 then its a 100 points evrey time.

you can remove the line in my points page that show the points value or add a small script to show the value of point only if over 100 points

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

I'm not sure i understand what you mean. but point/reward module bild in a way that will fit any shop any currency and any price.

if you set the point limit in admin to 100 then its a 100 points evrey time.

you can remove the line in my points page that show the points value or add a small script to show the value of point only if over 100 points

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the point/reward module meet my needs. But I would like to limit points to exactly 100 points before redemptions. The customers could only redeem when he reaches 100 points & only for 100 points. Thus, if the customer has earned 105 points, he can only redeem 100 points. Then he'll have to wait for 95 points more to redeem again his points.

With the contribution, the limit before redemption only works if the amount of points < the POINT_LIMIT_VALUE.

Is it a little bit clearer?? Could you help me on this ...if you're not too overflowed.

PS : I've already remove the points value from my_points page.

OSC2.2

Hello ~

Ok I had my gal go ahead and view what you said she might have missed.

Looks like its in there now, but again ... another problem:

In The ADMIN under "Customers" It says the following:

FILENAME_CUSTOMERS_POINTS

FILENAME_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING

which when clicked on...does'nt go anywhere.

I'm assuming it should be like this:

Customer Points

Customer Points Pending

On The "My Account" page after customer logs into their account:

It says the following under the "My Points Section"

FILENAME_MY_POINTS

FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP

Shouldn't It Just Be:

My Points

My Points Help

Anyone ~ Can Help ?

Thanks, Becky

Hello ~

Does anyone have any suggestions...to help me ....  anyone...

Becky

Hello ~

Ok I had my gal go ahead and view what you said she might have missed.

Customer Points

Customer Points Pending

FILENAME_MY_POINTS

FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP

Shouldn't It Just Be:

My Points

My Points Help

Anyone ~ Can Help ?

Thanks, Becky

O.k

it look like you skipt chapter C. (admin) in the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions.

check to see that you made the change in regard to chapter C

C. ? open admin/includes/boxes/customers.php
This will add the link to customers_points.php and customers_points_pending.php ?Points FAQ

Find... (aprox. line 24)

? ?$contents[] = array('text' ?=> '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_CUSTOMERS . '</a><br>' .

... and add after.....

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS_POINTS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS . '</a><br>' .// Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING . '</a><br>' .// Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00

as far as the box in account.php

please refer to chapter A. (catalog) STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions.

A. ? open catalog/account.php
this will add a new box containing the links to my points page and points system FAQ page in customers my account page.(if enabled)

find.....(aprox. line no.215)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_NOTIFICATIONS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_PRODUCTS . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="10" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>

.. and add this after...

<!-- // Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00 points_system_box_bof //-->
<?php ?
? ?if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') { // check that the points system is enabled
?>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><b><?php echo MY_POINTS_TITLE; ?></b></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">
? ? ? ? ?<tr class="infoBoxContents">
? ? ? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="60"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'money.gif'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_POINTS_VIEW . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'arrow_green.gif') . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP, '', 'SSL') . '">' . MY_POINTS_VIEW_HELP . '</a>'; ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?<td width="10" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
? ? ? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ? ? ?</tr>
? ? ? ?</table></td>
? ? ?</tr>
? ? ?<tr>
? ? ? ?<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
? ? ?</tr>
<?php 
?}// else do not show points_system_box
?>
<!-- points_system_box_eof //-->

there are modified files in the packge you downloaded from my site

please compre the files with yours all the change market with // Points/Rewards  Module

Customer Points

Customer Points Pending

FILENAME_MY_POINTS

FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP

Shouldn't It Just Be:

My Points

My Points Help

Anyone ~ Can Help ?

Thanks, Becky

Yo are missing steps again.

You did not define the language files both admin and catalog.

chapter N. (catalog) in the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions

M.   open catalog/includes/languages/english/account.php
This will define the language used for My Points box links in customer account page.
(Please repeat this step to any of your other languages) 

Find... (aprox. line 30)

define('EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_PRODUCTS', 'View or change my product notification list.');

... and add after.....

// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00
define('MY_POINTS_TITLE', 'My Points and Redemptions');
define('MY_POINTS_VIEW', 'View my Points Balance and Points received.');
define('MY_POINTS_VIEW_HELP', 'Points and Redemptions FAQ.');

chapter E. (admin) in the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions

E.   open admin/includes/languages/english.php
This will define the language used in admin/includes/boxes/customers.php for customers_points.php
and customers_points_pending.php

Find... (aprox. line 82)

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS', 'Orders');

... and add after.....

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS', 'Customers Points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00
define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING', 'Pending Points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

NOW PLEASE READ ALL STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions BEFORE

POSTING AGAIN.

Just make sure you did not miss any of the step

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the point/reward module meet my needs. But I would like to limit points to exactly 100 points before redemptions. The customers could only redeem when he reaches 100 points & only for 100 points. Thus, if the customer has earned 105 points, he can only redeem 100 points. Then he'll have to wait for 95 points more to redeem again his points.

With the contribution, the limit before redemption only works if the amount of points < the POINT_LIMIT_VALUE.

Is it a little bit clearer?? Could you help me on this ...if you're not too overflowed.

PS : I've already remove the points value from my_points page.

This can be done(for your store only).

If a customer earn 105 points do you want him to be able to spend as much as he want as long as its not over 100 points or he has to spend extactly 100 points no more no less?

Let me know so i can give you the code to add.

Deep Silver,

Thank you for pointing out these steps that were missed.

As I have explained before, I am not the one who actually does the installation of any contributions to my site, I have another individual do it for me.

So I will make sure that they know that they have missed yet another step in this installation process.

I will let the forum know...if it is a success or not.....

Thanks ~ Becky

Yo are missing steps again.

You did not define the language files both admin and catalog.

chapter N. (catalog) in the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions

M. ? open catalog/includes/languages/english/account.php
This will define the language used for My Points box links in customer account page.

Find... (aprox. line 30)

define('EMAIL_NOTIFICATIONS_PRODUCTS', 'View or change my product notification list.');

... and add after.....

// Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00
define('MY_POINTS_TITLE', 'My Points and Redemptions');
define('MY_POINTS_VIEW', 'View my Points Balance and Points received.');
define('MY_POINTS_VIEW_HELP', 'Points and Redemptions FAQ.');

chapter E. (admin) in the STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions

E. ? open admin/includes/languages/english.php
This will define the language used in admin/includes/boxes/customers.php for customers_points.php
and customers_points_pending.php

Find... (aprox. line 82)

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_ORDERS', 'Orders');

... and add after.....

define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS', 'Customers Points');// Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00
define('BOX_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING', 'Pending Points');// Points/Rewards ?Module v1.00

NOW PLEASE READ ALL STEP BY STEP INSTALLATION instrctions BEFORE

POSTING AGAIN.

Just make sure you did not miss any of the step

This can be done(for your store only).

If a customer earn 105 points do you want him to be able to spend as much as he want as long as its not over 100 points or he has to spend extactly 100 points no more no less?

Let me know so i can give you the code to add.

Very kind of you!! :rolleyes:

The customer has to spend 100 points no more no less.

OSC2.2

I've installed this on my store and it's working great so far. It's playing with CCGV and MVS nicely. Have countless other contribs and mods as well, but those would be the main ones I'd of thought would have had potential conflicts with this system.

Now I just need to clean up the FAQs. Also, I have a suggestion.. Add an option to have taxes excluded as well as shipping.

You've done a great job with this contribution! :thumbsup:

~James

Edited by Majiks

Did you download the full packge from my site?

if by any reason the zip uploaded in oscommerce contributions site

corrapted make sure to download the latest post BY ME and use  Winmarge

to compair the files, make sure do read the INSTALL.txt again if you still have a problem. try replacing...

catalog/includes/functions/redemptions.php

with the one in the full packge from my site.

post again to let us know the result.

Thank for your answer, now everything works !!

I made a few mistakes with "Thema configuration" I have included and the biggest mistake: I forgot to add the line to customers_sql...

Thanks a regards from Argentina,

yours, Andres

www.elbuenlibro.com

Now I just need to clean up the FAQs.  Also, I have a suggestion..  Add an option to have taxes excluded as well as shipping.

Thank you.

I'm working on it and you will have this option on next version soon.

P.S= Now I just need to clean up the FAQs ????

Thank you.

I'm working on it and you will have this option on next version soon.

P.S= Now I just need to clean up the FAQs ????

Thanks for that and what I mean about the FAQs (which I've finished by the way), is that the English (i.e. grammar, spelling, etc.) needed to be cleaned up and some formatting changes made.

I've still got some minor changes to make, but that will just be the addition of a few more topics and the an update to a couple of the policies. Anyhow, you can have a look at my FAQ if you don't know what I'm talking about and compare it to how it looks after first being installed. I can send you the PHP file if you want it.

~James

Hello,

Thanks fotr the hard work deep-silver.

I've installed this on my store easily and it's working 100% except that it is not compatible with the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2, released by the osCommerce team (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679).

When a Client pays by Paypal his/her order points don't show up in the Customers Pending Points.

It must be because Paypal IPN maintains its own session. But as Paypal represents about 30% of the payment we receive, if anybody have a clue to have it working, I would really appreciate.

Regards,

Fabien

Thanks for that and what I mean about the FAQs (which I've finished by the way), is that the English (i.e. grammar, spelling, etc.) needed to be cleaned up and some formatting changes made.

I've still got some minor changes to make, but that will just be the addition of a few more topics and the an update to a couple of the policies.  Anyhow, you can have a look at my FAQ if you don't know what I'm talking about and compare it to how it looks after first being installed.  I can send you the PHP file if you want it.

~James

that will be great to have all grammar fixed. yes i'll be happy to get the php mailed

or just pull it from your site. (if you dont mind)

thats will be great as version1.10 ready to upload but the lunguage files making me loose weight.

Hello,

Thanks fotr the hard work deep-silver.

I've installed this on my store easily and it's working 100% except that it is not compatible with the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2, released by the osCommerce team (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679).

When a Client pays by Paypal his/her order points don't show up in the Customers Pending Points.

It must be because Paypal IPN maintains its own session.  But as Paypal represents about 30% of the payment we receive, if anybody have a clue to have it working, I would really appreciate.

Regards,

Fabien

Thanks for bringing it up as i never test it with external payment modules.

could you please give some more detailes on what you do get in the pending page.

do you see other details for that order?

can you check to see if the info is in TABLE_CUSTOMERS_PENDING_POINTS ?

Please let me know asap as it could be a bug that i don't know about it.

is there a way to test PayPal IPN Module without having to sign with them?

Will other credit modules work fine with PayPal IPN Module?

Hello,

could you please give some more detailes on what you do get in the pending page.

do you see other details  for that order?

can you check to see if the info is in TABLE_CUSTOMERS_PENDING_POINTS ?

- Paypal orders just doesn't show up in the points pending page

- And there is nothing either in the customers_points_pending table for Paypal orders.

is there a way to test PayPal IPN Module without having to sign with them?

Will other credit modules work fine with PayPal IPN Module?

- The Paypal testing gateway server (sandbox) requires it's own seller user account. Accounts can be created for free at https://developer.paypal.com.

- I have no trouble with this contribution working with the 2checkout payment gateway. Just with Paypal.

Regards,

Fabien

Hello,

- Paypal orders just doesn't show up in the points pending page

- And there is nothing either in the customers_points_pending table for Paypal orders.

- The Paypal testing gateway server (sandbox) requires it's own seller user account. Accounts can be created for free at https://developer.paypal.com.

- I have no trouble with this contribution working with the 2checkout payment gateway. Just with Paypal.

Regards,

Fabien

i really know nothing about paypal, i will need to get an account an find a way to test it.(it will take time)

I'm wondring but as far as i know 2checkout payment is also an extrnal payment module and if it really works fine we have to find out how paypal module deals with seasson variables.

Hello,

The issue is that the paypal_ipn.php file has some part of code that would normally be found in checkout_process.php. Code that can be found in checkout_process is replicated in the paypal_ipn file under the function before_process().

So like for the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution, changes must be re-applied in the paypal_ipn.php file.

For instance, with the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution, to have the Client's credit balance updated when using Paypal, the following line has to be added somewhere in paypal_ipn.php:

$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);

where update_credit_account is a function of the ot_gv.php file (order_total credit module).

However, here the customer shopping points balance is not a part of the ot_redemptions.php file but is a code directly inserted into the checkout_process.php file:

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.00 balance customer points BOF ####

// order success so customer shoppping points account balanced

if (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true' && $customer_shopping_points_spending) {

tep_set_shopping_points(($customer_shopping_points - $customer_shopping_points_spending), $customer_id);

}

// add pending points for a new order with or without shipping cost.

if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true' && ($order->info['total'] > 0) ) { // check that the points system is enabled

if (USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {

$points_toadd = $order->info['total'];

} else {

$points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'];

}

tep_add_pending_points($ordernum, $customer_id, $insert_id,$points_toadd);

}

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.00 balance customer points EOF ####*/

So I don't really know how to have passed the variable correctly in the paypal_ipn.php file to have the code re-applied.

Regards,

Hello,

The issue is that the paypal_ipn.php file has some part of code that would normally be found in checkout_process.php. Code that can be found in checkout_process is replicated in the paypal_ipn file under the function before_process().

So like for the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution, changes must be re-applied in the paypal_ipn.php file.

For instance, with the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution, to have the Client's credit balance updated when using Paypal, the following line has to be added somewhere in paypal_ipn.php:

$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);

O.K

Try to rpeat chapter D.

D. open catalog/checkout_process.php.....

apply the same things to

catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

1. Open: catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.178)

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL, $sql_data_array);
         }

.. and add this after...

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.00 balance customer points BOF ####
// order success so customer shoppping points account balanced
   tep_set_shopping_points(($customer_shopping_points - $customer_shopping_points_spending), $customer_id);
 } 

// add pending points for a new order with or without shipping cost.
 if (USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true' && ($order->info['total'] > 0) ) { // check that the points system is enabled
   if (USE_POINTS_FOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
     $points_toadd = $order->info['total'];
    } else {
     $points_toadd = $order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost'];
  }
    tep_add_pending_points($ordernum,  $customer_id, $insert_id,$points_toadd);

}
#### Points/Rewards Module v1.00 balance customer points EOF ####*/

2.   Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.557)

// unregister session variables used during checkout
     tep_session_unregister('sendto');
     tep_session_unregister('billto');
     tep_session_unregister('shipping');
     tep_session_unregister('payment');
     tep_session_unregister('comments');

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.10
 tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.10

Now run a few test including redeemptions of points and see how it gos

and let us know a.s.a.p

DEEP SILVER ACCESSORY

Hello,

Ok I ran a few tests :

1- The shopping points now get correctly added in the Customers Pending Points.

2- However when redeeming points and paying through Paypal, redeemed points don't get deducted from the Client's points balance. I.e. if the user has 20 points for a $20 value, used 5 points worth $5, there still are 20 points into the user account.

Regards,

Fabien

Hello,

Ok I ran a few tests :

1- The shopping points now get correctly added in the Customers Pending Points.

2- However when redeeming points and paying through Paypal, redeemed points don't get deducted from the Client's points balance. I.e. if the user has 20 points for a $20 value, used 5 points worth $5, there still are 20 points into the user account.

Regards,

Fabien

try to replace this (in your paypal)

}

with this....

if(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM == 'true' && $customer_referral_points_spending) {
   tep_set_referral_points($customer_id,$i($customer_referral_points - $customer_referral_points_spending));
 }

if still not work, try to remove.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00
 tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards  Module v1.00

run all test again and let us know

Hello ~

Ok everything seems ok now, but in the ADMIN under "Customer Points"

when I click on it I get this error?

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_shopping_points' in 'field list'

select customers_id, customers_lastname, customers_firstname, customers_dob, customers_email_address, customers_shopping_points from customers order by customers_lastname, customers_firstname limit 0, 5

[TEP STOP]

Any Suggestions???

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_shopping_points' in 'field list'

O.k

Look like you messed up redemptions.sql

two way to fix it.

1.easy way, restore your backup database and ...

Using PHPMyAdmin execute the statements in redemptions.sql again

a. Copy the below code.

b. Creat a new text file name it somthing easy to find.

c. Paste the code into it (same no more no less no spaces)

d. Using PHPMyAdmin execute the statements in the text file you have just created.

ALTER TABLE customers ADD customers_shopping_points INT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;

Done!

if you choose the easy way you have to .

*. Accses your admin page http://www.your_site_name /admin/index.php

under "Modules" choose Order Total Modules.

A new order total will appear called, " Points Redeemptions " install it and make sure

that the sort order match yours. this option must appear after " Sub-Total " and before " Total".

When you first install " Points Redeemptions " the sort order no is 4, same as the " Total"

so you must change your value for " Total" sort order to any number higher then 4.