• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Firstly what a fantastic contrib.

I have one error and that is with order total unless i have points to redeem i only get sub total and total showing. when redeeming points i get the following

Sub-Total:£98.33Points Redeemed:-£0.75Total:£109.96Taxes and shipping have been calculated and are corrrect sort orders are as follows

1 sub total

2 shipping

3 tax

4 Redeem

5 Discount coupon

6 Total.

Ive changed the order around but no success, can some one please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi

Not sure if you can or want to help on this as I have an older version which I am happy with. I have V1.6 because it works & I didn't need the add ons since, however I have noticed one problem that I'm hoping you may point me in the right direction to solve. :)

Points are NOT given on sale items, but they are being given if on a mixed order, so I have to manually adjust the figures before confirming them instead of just using the tick button in the order page. sale only & they don't get points. The problem arises when they have both sale & non-sale.

Which file & what code is controlling this please?

I realise this is a big ask, so if it can't be answered I'll just have to keep on manually doing it. :(

Thanks for any help.

Julie

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:29 AM

Bug found.

In a very rare case where full amount is covered by point and shipping tax and regular items tax are separated

the order total is not rounded correctly and you will be returned to payment page asking you to choose payment method.

to fix it

open catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_redemptions.php

find this at line no.37

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending);

and replace with this.

$order->info['total'] = number_format($order->info['total'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), 4);

in a normal cases you won't see any different.

post by DeepSilver

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

View Postsashaben, on Sep 16 2009, 09:39 PM, said:

I also had the same problem, I believe this will fix it

includes/modules/order_total/ot_redemption.php

Find

$order->info['total'] = number_format($order->info['total'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), 4);

Replace With

$order->info['total'] -= tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending);

Can someone confirm?

I can definitely confirm that your code does in fact fix the total addup issue when an order is in the 4 digits. Thank you so much!

I'm not proficient at PHP, but the way it was explained to me, you've reverted back to the original code and undone what the author intended to do??? I had a friend look at this as I was having the same problem. He came up with this.

Replace:

With this:

$order->info['total'] = number_format($order->info['total'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), 4, '.', '');

It worked for me, and will still keep the original fix intact.

Michael

I'm not proficient at PHP, but the way it was explained to me, you've reverted back to the original code and undone what the author intended to do??? I had a friend look at this as I was having the same problem. He came up with this.

Replace:

With this:

$order->info['total'] = number_format($order->info['total'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), 4, '.', '');

It worked for me, and will still keep the original fix intact.

Michael

Thanks, that works! =)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it.

When I go to "Customers Points" and delete points, I check the box next to "Queue customers points table?" and "Notify Customer".

However, once I confirm that I want to delete points, it does not update the customers points table or send an email out even though it says it is successful at the top left of the screen when I am done.

When I check the "Queue customers points table?" box when I am adding points to a customer's account, it works fine.

Does anyone possibly know how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

For Deep-Silver.

I have installed your wonderful contribution in my store and eventhough I think -along with everyone else- this is one of the best contributions ever I've also noticed that some of us have had the same problem with PayPal -IPN and/or Standard- in regards that when a customer uses points either to pay part or the full order, points don't get deducted of the total to be pay. As well as the fact that if customer changes his mind and go a back, their current points get lost.

When I first faced this problems, I went through the entire forum looking for a solution as I was sure someone with the same problem may have already came up with a solution but, after reading lots and lots of posts and tried every single "solution" even that most of them refer to PayPal IPN (I use PayPal Standard)and found that none of them really work I wrote the post below hoping someone could've help me.

I'm aware you don't use and even like PayPal as you said way back a while ago in some post when you started to be asked about this but if you check the forum, since you released Points/RewardsV2.1rc2a many of us still have this problems and unfortunately we can't simply give up PayPal due in our countries our customers want to pay us through them.

I know you haven't been around the forum for quite a while, but if you get to read this, I really hope you can help us all out with a solution not because we want you to solve our problems (as you said once) but because no one knows this contribution the way you do and this a very recurrent issue at the forum.

Wishing you the very best, receive my regards.

***** PayPal Standard*****

Hi all,I'm using PayPal Standard along with this great contribution (Points/RewardsV2.1rc2a) but unfortunately I can't get points to be deducted from my customer's order, in checkout_confirmation.php I get this:

Subtotal: $350.00

Shipping:$80.00

Points Redeemed:$-16.67

Total:$413.33

But once I'm forward to PayPal website I get:

Subtotal: $350.00

Shipping: $80.00

Total: $430.00

I've looked over the forum for days but it seems NO ONE has had this problem except with PayPal IPN -wich apparently has already been solved months ago- but applying the same code doesn't work as well as PuffDandEd's contribution (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3220).

Also, I have gone trough my installation step by step to see if I missed something but nothing's wrong.

Does ANYBODY out there has a figured out a solution for this?

PLEASE HELP!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After searching this Forum for hours and days for a solution to my PayPal IPN issue with the points and rewards module I have not got any further and cannot find any answers!

I have worked out the following:

1. That PayPal IPN does not at present accept negative values, such as discount coupons or redeemed points in this module

2. That the only solution (that I can think of) is for any available person with the skills required to change any code that would see the Points Redeemed taken before the SUB TOTAL

CURRENT PROBLEM:

Products x 2: £7.60

Sub-Total: £7.60 <- This is the TOTAL sent to PayPal

Points Redeemed: -£5.00

Flat Rate (Best Way): £1.00

Total: £3.60 <-- This total is not sent by PayPal IPN

CHANGED TO:

Products x 2: £7.60

Points Redeemed: -£5.00

Sub-Total: £2.60 <- So the sub total price is inclusive of the points redeemed total

Flat Rate (Best Way): £1.00

Total: £3.60 <- Paypal will calculate this same amount with shipping cost and form this total

I know that probably didnt make any sense, but if anyone who is more competent in this sort of work can provide the code to subtract the redeemed points from the subtotal this could possibly resolve many of the issues surrounding the problems faced with using PayPal IPN.

However, I must agree with previous posts. This is really an amazing contribution and once this has been rectified will provide an amazing facility for my customers.

Regards

Dickie

Hi Everybody,

Just like a lot of us, I had the same problem with Paypal IPN.

I'm still working on it, but I think I have somme elements to begin.

Of course, Paypal IPN must be set on "aggregate".

In ot_redemption.php, find :

$order->info['payment_method'] = ( $order->info['subtotal'] > 0) ? $order->info['payment_method'] . '+' . str_replace(':', '', TEXT_POINTS) : str_replace(':', '', TEXT_POINTS);

Just BEFORE, add :

$order->info['subtotal'] = number_format($order->info['subtotal'] - tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($customer_shopping_points_spending), 4);

Now, in your admin->modules->order total, set the order of the module BEFORE the sub-total.

Here it is ! For me, that works...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows how to fix it.

When I go to "Customers Points" and delete points, I check the box next to "Queue customers points table?" and "Notify Customer".

However, once I confirm that I want to delete points, it does not update the customers points table or send an email out even though it says it is successful at the top left of the screen when I am done.

When I check the "Queue customers points table?" box when I am adding points to a customer's account, it works fine.

Does anyone possibly know how to fix this?

Thank you very much.

I had the same issue for the emailing of clients their point totals when they are confirmed out of the "pending" points table.

What I did was to change the SQL call on line 41 of customers_pending_points.php to include pulling the customers email from customers table. I'm not sure why the creator of this wants to rely (apparently) on POST data to send out the email. You are pulling from the customers table other information anyway.....

That being said, I have been pretty busy and haven't had time to evaluate where the issue in the script is. The points seem to transfer just fine from pending to the points available table for me.

If you need more information on how to do this change, let me know and I will post a step-by-step guide for you.

Does anyone has a solution for this and know what to change in the code?

The order itself doesn't matter.

The payment I receive is not the issue, the total is also correct (I have my shop set up to show prices including Tax), the issue is the VAT amount not being correct (also on the invoice).

The problem is that in my store people can alsobuy points and may deduct the VAT amount from that transaction for TAX reasons.

When they buy a product and the VAT is calculated of the Sub-total amount (instead of sub-total minus points amount), customers can deduct VAT thice and that is for obvious reasons not allowed.

So my Total looks like this :

Sub-Total: 50,00EUR

Points red.: - 25,00EUR

Total: 25,00EUR

(VAT amount 19%: 7,98EUR) <- should in my case be 3,99 calculated on sub-total minus points

Is it in any way possible to deduct points before the sub-total is generated, the I put "points redeemed" all the way on the top or to deduct the amount of points in the amount the VAT is calculated over?

I didn't see this in the configuration file but I don't think it should be happening. Customers are able to pay for shipping and tax using their points. If this is a default feature of the contribution how do I turn it off? If it's not why are customers able to do this? Does it have to do with the sort order? Right now the only thing they don't pay for is if they opt for shipping insurance.

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

To Avoid the shipping cost being redeemed with points you need to set up your order of your modules

Admin Area---->Modules--->Order Total

Here is the order below that I have mine. Keep in mind that there are no shipping costs on my site

Modules Sort Order

Points Redeemptions 4

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 5

I would think that your order would be different. Just set the order that you want the points to be redeemed. For example your Points Redemtion should come before the shipping module.

Hope that helps!

I setup my sort order as follows and points are still able to be redeemed for shipping and tax.

Points Redemptions

Discount Coupon

Gift Card

USPS Shipping

USPS Insurance

Sub-Total

Tax

Total

The only thing being charged is USPS Insurance. See here: http://clip2net.com/clip/m7120/1257883015-clip-20kb.jpg

Customers should always pay for shipping and tax. Why is this not working?

Samuel Mateo, Jr.

osC 2.2 MS2

Installed Mods:

WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7 | Basic Template System 1.0 | osC-Affiliate | OSC-SupportTicket

Featured Products 1.3 | LoginBox 5.2 | LatestNews 1.1.3 | Extras for IE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I can't find the answer for this (have searched)

Even though "Award points for Specials" is set to false. It still does. :(

Is there a code change I need? Or is this not working for all versions? I have 1.6

How do I exempt products for points? If I enable points restriction I would expect to have to state which ones,but it asks "If restriction enabled set model allowed" ?

"Or set product ID allowed"

"Or set category ID allowed"

Could you explain please? :)

I would expect to set to true & have to put in the category ID which doesn't have points.

Also does this work as the special exception doesn't?

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

im having an issue with the referral system, i had enabled it in the admin section, but the email box when creating an account isnt showing. I read in one of the pages that someone commented out a couple lines, however i dont know exactly where that strip of code is, http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/152746-points-and-rewards-module-v100/page__view__findpost__p__1372907

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

When clients redeem theis Points, the discount is not calculated in the shopping cart and i am not noticed, so i never know when they want to redeem their points unless i go check in the administration site and the client never know the correct total that he has to pay.

Can you help me please? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Hello all,

Just installed the latest version (V2.1rc2a_1) and like it a lot - but there is a bug that I have not been able to find answer to in this forum.

It is occuring when a customer should check out an order and load the checkout_payment.php. This page does NOT fully load.

It happens only when a customer has reached the number of points so that he can redeem.

Any help is very greatful!

Edited by hanler

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just want to know, can a customer who is buying a product, use the awarded points at once. So it will already, before paying, reduces the price with the awarded point/money?

Thank you,

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, im using CCGV and points&rewards, and i have huge problems to make points & rewards work together with ccgv.

Please help me to resolve this issue. CCGV works very well when only gift vouchers or coupon code are used, and points&rewards work very well only when points are used. when used together dont works very good.

when i use both contibs in the same order i get an error like i have not enough points, and ask me to select another payment. :(

Thank you very much

Hello, im using CCGV and points&rewards, and i have huge problems to make points & rewards work together with ccgv.

Please help me to resolve this issue. CCGV works very well when only gift vouchers or coupon code are used, and points&rewards work very well only when points are used. when used together dont works very good.

when i use both contibs in the same order i get an error like i have not enough points, and ask me to select another payment. :(

Thank you very much

i think that here is where i need to play

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')) {

if (isset($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) && is_numeric($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) && ($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending'] > 0)) {

$customer_shopping_points_spending = false;

if (tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) < $order->info['total'] && !is_object($$payment)) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(REDEEM_SYSTEM_ERROR_POINTS_NOT), 'SSL'));

} else {

$customer_shopping_points_spending = $_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending'];

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_shopping_points_spending')) tep_session_register('customer_shopping_points_spending');

}

}

i think that here is where i need to play

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')) {

if (isset($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) && is_numeric($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) && ($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending'] > 0)) {

if (tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) < $order->info['total'] && !is_object($$payment)) {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(REDEEM_SYSTEM_ERROR_POINTS_NOT), 'SSL'));

} else {

$customer_shopping_points_spending = $_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending'];

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_shopping_points_spending')) tep_session_register('customer_shopping_points_spending');

}

}

i need to add the value of the voucher coupon.....

somehitng like this

if ((tep_calc_shopping_pvalue($_POST['customer_shopping_points_spending']) + !!!!HERE I NEED TO ADD THE VOUCHER POINTS!!!!!)< $order->info['total'] && !is_object($$payment)) {

but dont find yet where are located the voucher values :D

Hi everyone,

This module is a discount from the total order. and does not calculate taxes or taxes and is not interested again.

How do I fix it calculates the correct tax.

I need to do to the sub-total amount of points between the rebate, I need help.

have a better example to explain.

INCORRECT for ME

sub-total : 100.00

shipping : 10.00

tax 18% : 19.80

points reedem : -10.00

grand -total : 119.80

----------------------------

CORRECT for ME

sub-total : 100.00

shipping : 10.00

points-reedem : -10.00

tax 18% : 18.00

grand - total : 118.00

Edited by florist

Hello all,

Just installed the latest version (V2.1rc2a_1) and like it a lot - but there is a bug that I have not been able to find answer to in this forum.

It is occuring when a customer should check out an order and load the checkout_payment.php. This page does NOT fully load.

It happens only when a customer has reached the number of points so that he can redeem.

Any help is very greatful!

I had this problem when I installed the contribution a while back.

Unfortunatly I am unsure how I rectified the problem (sorry I know it won't help). I know the bare basics of PHP, but I can first remember when I installed it and overcame the issue by setting changing settings and turning others off within the admin panel.

I know it is a limited answer but by pulling up the payment page in one tab or browser and your admin in another tab or browser and fiddle about with the settings one by one and keep refreshing the payment page.

It was maybe resolved by editing some code required for the PayPal IPN module that I used, but cannot be sure?

Hi

I need some help with this

Just installed the contribution. V2.1rc2a

Admin section works fine (seamingly)

But I am getting this error at the front end

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_shopping_points() (previously declared in /home/omnia/public_html/includes/functions/redemptions.php:17) in /home/omnia/public_html/includes/functions/redemptions.php on line 43

Anybody can shed some light?

Thanks

Jim

Edited by autoperfection

Hi

I have been using this add on and it work great, until 2010 where i realized all purchases doesn't automatically have pending point in admin page that awaiting for approval. I ve checked the phpMyadmin, the pending point doesn't go into the table of customers_points_pending.

Has anyone experience this before?? What possibly has gone wrong??

Thanks