• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

Still am seeing no sugguestions on what I may be missing or need to get points and rewards working correctly in post 1878!

Did anyone else out there whom is using this mod, ever had an issue like this?

Edited by blr044

hi,

i just installed the add on to my store. The redemption system is enable in the configuration. My customer have 1000 points in her account but she can't redempt item when she trying to check out. The payment method only show cash on delivery and credit card. I am wondering which step i do wrong during the installation. <_<

Any one can help? :blink:

Hi all,

My the other question, is it possible to make this...

example,

In the product catelogue, there are 100 of products are available only thru purchase. thru those purchase can accumulate points. then define 10 more proudcts which are not available for purchase but can let member to redeem.

How to do this? or any contribution got this?

Has anyone gotten thisto work with PayPal_IPN 2.3.4.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679)? I have done the above, but it is still showing the full price when the customer goes to PayPal.

Thanks!!

Is this forum monitored anymore? I don't see any replies to the most recent posts. I hope this addon is still supported. It doesn't seem to work with PayPal IPN v 2.3.4.6. has anyone gotten this to work with the PayPal IPN?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've followed the install instructions but claerly have done something wrong. My customers points are not being awarded or showing at all. If I go and manually adjust points, they are not subtracted from when customers are using them during checkout.

I'm thinking it's a database issue but not sure what I should check.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Has anyone gotten an answer to their questions on this forum for this contribution?? Is this contribution not supported anymore? I'd like to have this working with PayPal, since it is such a popular payment type

Thanks!

hey. I am having this problem with this add-on on my website

1. I can't install it on admin/modules/points redeemption

2. I do not see the following part on my configuration

==> Still in the OSC admin, under "Configuration" you should see Points/RewardsV2.1rc2a

Click on the link and make change to suite your site.

Please help me out!

This is a great addition. Never notice before, but before a customer sees the point value for the products, do they actually need to log in or create a account before the points is visible?

I did look at code, to me it seems thats how it was created.

Thanks.

Hi All

Doe anyone have an idea of how to exclude a payment module from Points and Rewards? i.e when a customer chooses payment option A then they are not elligible for Points and cannot redeem points against that order.

Thanks

Ashley

Hay everyone,

I would also like to know if it is possible to exclude a certain payment module?

Regards

Sol

I installed this contrib, an think it's great.

Everything seems to be fine. It shows in customers account, it shows on the product page and during check out it asks if the customer would like to use their points, however when it comes to actually going through the cart, the points dollar value is not being subtracted from the end total.

what do I have to do to fix this minor glitch :P

Thanx

kindest regards,

Nancy

I fixed the problem, and thought I would post how, just incase anyone else is daft like me.

As it turns out in the moduals (order total ) section of the admin, I had two items showing their order of display at the same setting, both "points redemption and subtotal" were set to show 4th in line of the checkout. One was over riding the other. I set all the items in there to the proper show order, 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, and now the points dollar value is properly being subtracted from the subtotal of the order.

I hope this little tidbit is useful to someone else.

KR

Nancy :D

I installed this contrib, an think it's great.

Everything seems to be fine. It shows in customers account, it shows on the product page and during check out it asks if the customer would like to use their points, however when it comes to actually going through the cart, the points dollar value is not being subtracted from the end total.

what do I have to do to fix this minor glitch :P

Thanx

kindest regards,

Nancy

I posted this in post 1878 awhile back. Am i the only using points/rewards that is having this issue?

Am having two issues. Doing a test purchase w/o P/R all figures is correct with correct sub-total. But clicking the redeem points box, the figures is coorect but the sub-total is incorrect. Doing th math, points is being deducted twice:

Sub-total $128.35

S/H: $ 16.69 13% over 99.00

Tax: $ 8.34 6.5%

----------------------------------

Sub-Total: $125.38 Should be $ 139.38

I have worked with the settings, but nothing changes the total. Below is showing my order total settings.

points.jpg

Edited by blr044

I posted this in post 1878 awhile back. Am i the only using points/rewards that is having this issue?

Am having two issues. Doing a test purchase w/o P/R all figures is correct with correct sub-total. But clicking the redeem points box, the figures is coorect but the sub-total is incorrect. Doing th math, points is being deducted twice:

Sub-total $128.35

S/H: $ 16.69 13% over 99.00

Tax: $ 8.34 6.5%

----------------------------------

Sub-Total: $125.38 Should be $ 139.38

I have worked with the settings, but nothing changes the total. Below is showing my order total settings.

points.jpg

You'll have to do a search as I believe this has been mentioned before:

hi there,

after i instass rewards module v1.4 this thing has occured on shop website

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class infoBox in /var/www/catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php on line 98

and in that file almost every class has the same error.. it is strange cause admin panel works fine... with rewards module and without any error.

it is important that only that error is visible, and i cannot see shop website.. file boxex php is standart installation file.. if anyone can give me some clue or need some extra code pls give me a shout.

I really need help with this. I have installed the add-on and can not seem to get the points to redeem with the point total is less then the actual order total (Total $15.00 - $5.00 points = $10.00 balance). it keeps asking to select a form of payment even when one is selected (using test credit card and/or Cash on delivery) Using points when the total is less then the amount of points works fine.

Can someone please help I really want to get this working so I can update my site. And I have triple check my instal and can not seem to find an answer in the forum.

I too am curious if anyone found a fix for this problem. My Points are not showing in PayPal. Thanks!

This forum (and this contribution) is a very popular one - it's quite an old one!

The author (Deep Silver) does seem to come back every once in a while to check what's going on - though I understand he is a new father which is keeping him busy offline!! He recently uploaded the latest version which basically, ironed out most of the bugs - at least it works for me.

It's frustrating when there is no-one to help! I think the best we can do is use the search facility because there are over 90 pages - the chance are, your question may have been answered elsewhere!

However because the forum search tool is poor, I suggest using google like this:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums "search topic"

Good luck

Edited by ssnb

You'll have to do a search as I believe this has been mentioned before:

Have read through this twice. I see there is around a half dozen post regarding this issue. But did not see a solution for ithis. I again have uninstalled points/rewards and reinstalled the latest mod with all fixes.

And still gettin same results with the order total.

My site is located here.

Edited by blr044

This is a great addition. Never notice before, but before a customer sees the point value for the products, do they actually need to log in or create a account before the points is visible?

I did look at code, to me it seems thats how it was created.

Thanks.

The answer to this as far as I am aware is yes, the customer needs to create an account and you can credit them with points just for joining up, in admin > Config > Points&rewards > new signup customers

Does that answer your question?

Further to my point about using google to search this topic, I found a better way to do it - try this in the google search field:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152746 "search topic"

hey. I am having this problem with this add-on on my website

1. I can't install it on admin/modules/points redeemption

2. I do not see the following part on my configuration

==> Still in the OSC admin, under "Configuration" you should see Points/RewardsV2.1rc2a

Click on the link and make change to suite your site.

Please help me out!

It's not under admin modules, you should see it in Config > points/rewards V2.00 - if not, then you will need to go over your installation again.

The answer to this as far as I am aware is yes, the customer needs to create an account and you can credit them with points just for joining up, in admin > Config > Points&rewards > new signup customers

Does that answer your question?

Further to my point about using google to search this topic, I found a better way to do it - try this in the google search field:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152746 "search topic"

Did find out that customers do not need to log to see point value at product_info.php.

Am sorry if I stated my question wrong.

But please refer to post 1896. I am again reading through this thread in hopes of finding a solution. At present, I am at page 35.

Still, the points is being deducted twice on the checkout_confirmation page. Even I did as engbok did in post 1873. Yes this has been asked a few times, but engbok is only suggestion I can find. I just finished going through all 96 pages.

I know the instructins for points/rewards refers at some point, regarding CCGV. I do not have that mod installed, I have coupon discount. I did not see any conflict with that mod. I even removed it through admin, but still, that did not solve the issue.

Maybe the solution is so simple, but I cannot seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Still, the points is being deducted twice on the checkout_confirmation page. Even I did as engbok did in post 1873. Yes this has been asked a few times, but engbok is only suggestion I can find. I just finished going through all 96 pages.

I know the instructins for points/rewards refers at some point, regarding CCGV. I do not have that mod installed, I have coupon discount. I did not see any conflict with that mod. I even removed it through admin, but still, that did not solve the issue.

Maybe the solution is so simple, but I cannot seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Did you install Deep Silvers latest release?

I have installed the latest release, I done it this morning.

However there is no evidence of the modifcation in the order total it just doesn't display even when you tick the box to say you wish to use the points.

So basically it just doesn't display in the order total or on PayPal, so there are no reduction?

Is this the same problem people have been having or is it something I have done wrong.

There is no sign of the module in the order total section of the admin panel, Is there a file missing?