• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

I don't have a box anywhere during checkout for the customer to type in an email address???

Then you obviously have either not activated referals in admin, or have not installed the contribution correctly.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I found the issue. I'm not sure where I got this code:

<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.00 Redeemption box bof -->
<?php
  $orders_total = tep_count_customer_orders();

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true')) {
echo points_selection();

if (tep_not_null(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM)) {
if ($orders_total < 1) {
  echo referral_input();
  }
}
 }
?>
<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.00 Redeemption box eof -->

But the if $orders_total < 1 was causing this not to show up. I commented that line and the $orders_total = tep_count_customer_orders() line out (as they are not in the instructions), and now the box for entering a referer email is showing up.

Thanks

Hi everyone..i've been using this great contribution for 3 months without any problem.

But today i found out the point can't be deducted from the payment information page

during the checkout. When I tick the Point redemption box and click continue, the total

order is still the same & no points deducted (confirmation page).

Really appreciate any help as my store is receiving order everyday.

& sorry for my english. really need help.

Thank you.

I found the issue. I'm not sure where I got this code:

<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.00 Redeemption box bof -->
<?php
  $orders_total = tep_count_customer_orders();

echo points_selection();

if (tep_not_null(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM)) {
if ($orders_total < 1) {
  echo referral_input();
  }
}
 }
?>
<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.00 Redeemption box eof -->

But the if $orders_total < 1 was causing this not to show up. I commented that line and the $orders_total = tep_count_customer_orders() line out (as they are not in the instructions), and now the box for entering a referer email is showing up.

Thanks

I'm glad you got it sorted

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Is there posibility to show products with points needed to buy it?

Now in "gifts" category customers can see productks and normal price. I want that they can see points needed to buy products from "gifts" category

i think what the guy above is saying is exactly what i was looking for. customers buy stuff and earn points as per usual but insted of getting money off there are certain products that cost so many points and you redeem the points to buy these specific products for example a wireless mouse might be 500 points and a usb hub 250.

also, is it not possible to set the points to trigger when the order status is set to "complete" or something. i get quite a few orders and dont think i would be able to keep up.

i think what the guy above is saying is exactly what i was looking for. customers buy stuff and earn points as per usual but insted of getting money off there are certain products that cost so many points and you redeem the points to buy these specific products for example a wireless mouse might be 500 points and a usb hub 250.
This is a good idea for certain shops that will encourage product sales in order for customers to add points to their balance so they can purchase Points exclusive items but this is somewhat of a non essential requirement for the majority I think.

also, is it not possible to set the points to trigger when the order status is set to "complete" or something. i get quite a few orders and dont think i would be able to keep up.
This was set up in such a way that your customers do not get the Points automatically upon order status incase the Points have to be deducted if the items are returned. You have the option of automatically crediting your customer with Points as soon as they have they have checked out though.

CHOOCH

I can't seam to find an answer in searching so I'll ask.

If the customer want to pay with all points I don't want them to have to have to use a credit card also. Is there a way that the points can be a payment option. I have upgraded to the latest version of this mode.

Thanks

Hi everyone..i've been using this great contribution for 3 months without any problem.

But today i found out the point can't be deducted from the payment information page

during the checkout. When I tick the Point redemption box and click continue, the total

order is still the same & no points deducted (confirmation page).

Really appreciate any help as my store is receiving order everyday.

& sorry for my english. really need help.

Thank you.

I have the same thing happening. Is this something new that has cropped up?

hi im trying to make a site to only charge point how can i get it work out but,,,, when i check out there is a check box to ask if i wanna use point to pay if i dont choice to use point notting charges and order aprove

how can i make the check box to auto checked or close the check box and auto use point to check out?? anyone have any idea?/?

my site is : www.izoneoutlet.com

hello this message is for deep-silver who did a greet job

I saw that a lot of u guys don't like the fact that redemptions point are not show on checkout_confirmation order_total modules and even more that there aren't deducted from the order

I don't have time to implement but here is a hint:

( deep-silver made the module: ot_redemptions.php but he doesn't use it)

on includes/classes/order.php

at the end of the file where there is

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {

$this->info['total'] = $this->info['subtotal'] + $this->info['shipping_cost'];

} else {

$this->info['total'] = $this->info['subtotal'] + $this->info['tax'] + $this->info['shipping_cost'];

}

Here u have to ask if u use as always

and here u substract from order total the redemption

}

and if u want to display your module ot_redemptions.php on checkout page along with ot_subtotat, ot_total, ot_taxxes ... u need to add your module in mysql databes

on configuration /// there is a section modules option gID = 6 and there is a option

Installed Modules ot_subtotal.php;ot_shipping.php;ot_tax.php;ot_total.php

The order is important because this is the order of display on checkout_confirmation

So change and it looks like ot_subtotal.php;ot_shipping.php;ot_tax.php;ot_redemptions.php;ot_total.php

Hope deep-silver will implement this because he did the contribution and know what I am missing.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by zipicip

Has anyone experience redemption 4/point double deducted in Confirmation page??

say my customer have 200 pts@$1 each, and he tick to utilize point for this purchase, when at confirmation page, my site will still show $200 of point redeemed (which is correct) but the total will be deducted by $400 (which is the double of the redemption value). and it carry to the credit card gateway and my customer pay me less.

Anyone know what has gone wrong??

Many thanks

Edited by day2

I can recall a few issues of double redemptions being posted so you would have to search the thread to locate what triggered these mis-haps and what was done to fix them.

On a better note, at least your payment module has been amended accordingly as it is carrying over the correct (albeit double redemption) order total. Once the double redemption issue is fixed the correct order total will be carried forward to your payment processor.

Can you remember the last changes you made to your checkout payment and order total modules as they are probably what is causing the error.

Has anyone experience redemption 4/point double deducted in Confirmation page??

say my customer have 200 pts@$1 each, and he tick to utilize point for this purchase, when at confirmation page, my site will still show $200 of point redeemed (which is correct) but the total will be deducted by $400 (which is the double of the redemption value). and it carry to the credit card gateway and my customer pay me less.

Anyone know what has gone wrong??

Many thanks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Having a problem with the payment page being cut off. Viewing the HTML source, it's being cut right after: <!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box bof --> on the checkout_payment.php file.

I'm assuming the function 'points_selection()' isn't working correctly, can someone point me in the direction of where this function is defined or included?

-------

<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box bof -->
<?php
  echo points_selection();
  if (tep_not_null(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM) && (tep_count_customer_orders() == 0)) {
	  echo referral_input();
  }
 }
?>
<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box eof -->

I can recall a few issues of double redemptions being posted so you would have to search the thread to locate what triggered these mis-haps and what was done to fix them.

On a better note, at least your payment module has been amended accordingly as it is carrying over the correct (albeit double redemption) order total. Once the double redemption issue is fixed the correct order total will be carried forward to your payment processor.

Can you remember the last changes you made to your checkout payment and order total modules as they are probably what is causing the error.

I can't find the answer, but i manage to figure it out, it was the order_confirmation.php where the following code are disturbing:

<?php
 if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {
$order_total_modules->process();  
echo $order_total_modules->output();
 }
?>

by removing the

$order_total_modules->process();

i got my problem solved..

Thanks for a helping hand..

Hi All

Doe anyone have an idea of how to exclude a payment module from Points and Rewards? i.e when a customer chooses payment option A then they are not elligible for Points and cannot redeem points against that order.

Thanks

Ashley

Having a problem with the payment page being cut off. Viewing the HTML source, it's being cut right after: <!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box bof --> on the checkout_payment.php file.

I'm assuming the function 'points_selection()' isn't working correctly, can someone point me in the direction of where this function is defined or included?

-------

<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box bof -->
<?php
  echo points_selection();
  if (tep_not_null(USE_REFERRAL_SYSTEM) && (tep_count_customer_orders() == 0)) {
	  echo referral_input();
  }
 }
?>
<!-- Points/Rewards Module V2.1rc2a Redeemption box eof -->

I found the solution to my problem by trial and error. What caused my problem was a bug in the minimum order value within the Points/Rewards configuration. Setting the value for it to nothing fixed it, but I wanted to use the minimum value, so the fix was to look at /includes/functions/redemptions.php - Look at line 336 and change it to read:

global $cart, $currencies, $order;

Thanks to the person that posted the above solutions to the minimum value bug.

Edited by frankc420

On discounted items, there is currently an option to turn points "on" or "off".....is it possible to give half points for sale items? So instead of Full points, they just get half, but they are still getting something.....?

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Hi

This is probablt a stupid question, but where do I go to edit and approve rewards points in admin. I can configure how the module runs, but where do I go to actually control the aproval of points and see how many points each customer has etc??

Did reinstall Points/Reward after many months with v2..1rc2a.

Am having two issues. Doing a test purchase w/o P/R all figures is correct with correct sub-total. But clicking the redeem points box, the figures is coorect but the sub-total is incorrect. Doing th math, points is being deducted twice:

Sub-total $128.35

S/H: $ 16.69 13% over 99.00

Tax: $ 8.34 6.5%

----------------------------------

Sub-Total: $125.38 Should be $ 139.38

Second issue after points has been approved or added, customer does not receive notification of points, even though in admin, it states customer has received notice.

Okay I have been looking for a solution to my problem with loading this great mod and I can not seem to find an answer.

I was able to get everything loaded however when I try to test it using less points then the order total and selecting a form of payment I am stuck in a loop getting the following message:

Points value are not enough to cover the cost of your purchase. Please select another payment method

I have even tried having enough points to cover the cost and having a limit set of how many points can be redemed and the same thing is happening. I have not yet loaded my paypal payment mod so I know its not that. I have also checked, double check and triple checked all of my files. I am thinking this has something to do with the checkout process or payment process php files but I am not seeing anything I have missed added or changing.

Any help would be great!!!!

PEACE, WISDOM & GRACE

Edited by GringoRico

Did reinstall Points/Reward after many months with v2..1rc2a.

Am having two issues. Doing a test purchase w/o P/R all figures is correct with correct sub-total. But clicking the redeem points box, the figures is coorect but the sub-total is incorrect. Doing th math, points is being deducted twice:

Sub-total $128.35

S/H: $ 16.69 13% over 99.00

Tax: $ 8.34 6.5%

----------------------------------

Sub-Total: $125.38 Should be $ 139.38

Second issue after points has been approved or added, customer does not receive notification of points, even though in admin, it states customer has received notice.

I am going to disable this till I can get an answer!!!

Hi i am a newbie on the forum.

well, I install points and rewards 1.5 for a CD Store

but I dont understand how it works

and i need give credit if someone buy something but we are out of stock.

I give them store credit then they can use the credit to pay for other items in the store.

Can someone help me with these please?

thanks

Vic.

Edited by considered

Open: catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

STEP ONE: Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.77)

global $cartID, $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, $customer_id, $languages_id, $order, $order_total_modules;

.. and REPLACE it with this...

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.20 balance customer points BOF ####

// global $cartID, $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, $customer_id, $languages_id, $order, $order_total_modules;

global $cartID, $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, $customer_id, $languages_id, $order, $customer_shopping_points, $customer_shopping_points, $customer_shopping_points_spending, $order_total_modules;

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.10 balance customer points EOF ####*/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP TWO Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.178)

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL, $sql_data_array);

}

.. and add this after...

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.20 balance customer points BOF ####

// customer shoppping points account balanced

if (USE_REDEEM_SYSTEM == 'true' && $customer_shopping_points_spending) {

$points_toset = $customer_shopping_points - $customer_shopping_points_spending;

tep_set_shopping_points($points_toset,$customer_id);

if ($customer_shopping_points_spending && DISPLAY_POINTS_REDEEMED == 'true') {

tep_add_redeemed_points($customer_id, $insert_id,$customer_shopping_points_spending);

}

}

// customer pending points added

$points_toadd = get_points_toadd($order);

$rules_discounted = get_award_discounted($order);

if ((USE_POINTS_SYSTEM == 'true') && ($order->info['total'] > 0) && (USE_POINTS_FOR_SPECIALS == 'true' || $rules_discounted == true)) {

tep_add_pending_points($ordernum, $customer_id, $insert_id,$points_toadd);

}

#### Points/Rewards Module v1.20 balance customer points EOF ####*/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP THREE Find this.... (start at aprox. line no.557)

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

... and add after.....

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points');// Points/Rewards Module v1.20

tep_session_unregister('customer_shopping_points_spending');// Points/Rewards Module v1.20

Let us know if that works for you

Has anyone gotten thisto work with PayPal_IPN 2.3.4.6 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679)? I have done the above, but it is still showing the full price when the customer goes to PayPal.

Thanks!!

Edited by jrthor2