• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

ok so reading all of this thread backwards... I've found that as it is, this contribution is set to exclude items for the point earning only when they are on special. Although, someone did ask in the past to have items worth 500 or more to be excluded and there was a thank you posted to the effect that Deep Silver had solved the problem BUT couldn't find the post about the solution.

If anyone has seen this, I'd really appreciate it although I will keep digging on my side.

Can anyone tell me why is it that as soon as the "Auto Credit Pending Points" is enabled... all types of orders get their points awarded not just the "pending" ones? Is there a way around it or did I do something wrong?

Hi,

Thank You for this great contribution!

I have a couple questions;

Instalation went fine and everything else seems to be working well, however, I do get this error message almost in every page:

""Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.' in /home2/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/catalog/includes/boxes/information.php on line 28""

According to INSTALL.txt:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CATALOG STEP = 17 open catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

This will add the link to My Points FAQ

Find... (aprox. line 25)

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br />' .

... and add this after.....

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MY_POINTS_HELP . '</a><br />' .//Points/Rewards Module V2.00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, my orginal information.php looks like this:

<?php

/*

$Id: information.php,v 1.6 2002/11/22 18:56:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- information //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

// Retrieve information from Info table

$informationString = '<ul class="ol">';

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");

while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {

$informationString .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a></li>';

}

$informationString .= '</ul>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $informationString );

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

When I try to add as it says in INSTALL.txt file, I cannot get this to work, and there is no match to this:

Find... (aprox. line 25)

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br />' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MY_POINTS_HELP . '</a><br />' .//Points/Rewards Module V2.00

So, how above additions should be added to make this work?

Thank You

Regards,

Weblizard

I was sure to have posted 2 days ago about how I was trying to modify this mod to be able to restrict the products on which points could be awarded but I don'/t see it show now... so my question is did I goof and somehow never clicked the submit button or did I goof and I posted something I wasn't supposed to...

if you can spare a second, can you please let me know so I don't attempt to repost something that wasn't ok for me to post... I'd truly appreciate it...

thanks

At your ADMIN page try looking under "Configuration" instead of "modules".

Hi,

Please ignore this : )

This was totally my mistake.

Sorry Guys!

Br,

juha

I have read this 6 times and still do not understand what you are trying to get across!!

If you re-post with clearer info it may help someone reply.

Hi Chooch,

Sorry for this confusing question. It was totally my mistake.

Br,

juha

Sorry for this confusing question. It was totally my mistake.

I have deleted your PM due to my inbox nearly full to the max and am sorry I can't reply to your PM for many reasons.

If you post the error codes related to this contribution here in this thread I will gladly take a look and see if I can help.

Thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

well here I am trying this again... I am trying to add another option to this contribution by making it possible to prevent points to be awarded for certain products.

The code I have tried so far isn't working and I'd like some help if possible:

I added this to the database to create the option in the Configuration of admin:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES ('', 'Do Not Award points for Products ID Restriction', 'NO_POINTS_RESTRICTION_PID', '', 'Prevent customers from earning points for restricted Products by Product ID.Set a comma separated list of Products ID Allowed or leave empty to disable it.', '22', '26', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, NULL);

I've added this to the includes/functions/redemptions.php file: ( I think that my mistake here might be that I don't understand it what line in this string commands the count the point and how to tell it not to count

// awarding points products restriction.

function get_award_rules($order) {

if (tep_not_null(NO_POINTS_RESTRICTION_PID)) {

if (tep_not_null(NO_POINTS_RESTRICTION_PID))

for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($order->products); $i++) {

$p_ids = split("[,]", NO_POINTS_RESTRICTION_PID);

for ($ii = 0; $ii < count($p_ids); $ii++) {

if ($order->products[$i]['id'] == $p_ids[$ii]) {

return false;

}

}

}

return false;

} else {

return true;

}

}

And right after this line;

if ((get_redemption_rules($order) == true) && (get_points_rules_discounted($order) == true)){

I inserted this line:

if ((get_award_rules($order) == true) && (get_points_rules_discounted($order) == false)){

Thanks in advance for your time.

I have deleted your PM due to my inbox nearly full to the max and am sorry I can't reply to your PM for many reasons.

If you post the error codes related to this contribution here in this thread I will gladly take a look and see if I can help.

Thanks

HI Chooch,

It seems I´m getting almost everything working now with this Excellente contribution.

Just a couple issues:

Referral System - When entering an email in to this, the shopping flow will not continue, it always returns to the same page?

Instalation went fine and everything else seems to be working well, however, I do get this error message almost in every page:

""Parse error: parse error, unexpected '.' in /home2/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx/catalog/includes/boxes/information.php on line 28""

According to INSTALL.txt:

CATALOG STEP = 17 open catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

This will add the link to My Points FAQ

Find... (aprox. line 25)

However, my orginal information.php looks like this:

<?php

/*

$Id: information.php,v 1.6 2002/11/22 18:56:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- information //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

// Retrieve information from Info table

$informationString = '<ul class="ol">';

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");

while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {

$informationString .= '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a></li>';

}

$informationString .= '</ul>';

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $informationString );

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

When I try to add as it says in INSTALL.txt file, I cannot get this to work, and there is no match to this:

Find... (aprox. line 25)

Thank You

Regards,

Juha

If your Points link will NOT be the last link in the information box then it should be like this:

If your Points link IS the last link in the information box then it should be like this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MY_POINTS_HELP . '</a>');//Points/Rewards Module V2.00

Try it...

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

If your Points link will NOT be the last link in the information box then it should be like this:

If your Points link IS the last link in the information box then it should be like this:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_POINTS_HELP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_MY_POINTS_HELP . '</a>');//Points/Rewards Module V2.00

Try it...

HI,

Great! It worked!

Thank You again for the help!

BR,

Juha

Great! It worked!

Thank You again for the help!

No problem... it's always better to post in the threads rather than PM because so many people see the threads someone is bound to reply.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

i forgot i posted this problem. >_<

con4mity...if you're still around where did you delete it from. it's probably so obvious i can't see it!

i tried english/my_points_help & help.php but those doesn't appear to be it.

thanks in advance.

I Wonder if someone can help me.

i have V2.0d installed,

as soon as i get to the checkout_payment.php

it show the referral, but not the points redeeming section.

if i log into accont.php i can see that i have "lets say a 1000 points", but it does not seem to recognize those.

any suggestions.

regards Arno

I Wonder if someone can help me.

i have V2.0d installed,

as soon as i get to the checkout_payment.php

it show the referral, but not the points redeeming section.

if i log into accont.php i can see that i have "lets say a 1000 points", but it does not seem to recognize those.

any suggestions.

regards Arno

i actually managed to sort that problem, however i seem that have a problem with the fact that it does not want insert the TOTAL into the database.

elts say total price is

$1750. and customer has $1000 worth of points. it shows the total price as $750. but once the order has been processed, it shows the normal price in my account.

any help...

this error apper when the customer try to checkout

1146 - Table 'dvd.TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING (unique_id, customer_id, orders_id, points_pending, date_added, points_comment, points_type, points_status) values ('', '181', '164', '75', now(), 'TEXT_DEFAULT_COMMENT', 'SP', '1')

[TEP STOP]

any help plz?

Edited by CRX71

insert into TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING (unique_id, customer_id, orders_id, points_pending, date_added, points_comment, points_type, points_status) values ('', '181', '164', '75', now(), 'TEXT_DEFAULT_COMMENT', 'SP', '1')

[TEP STOP]

any help plz?

I am using Version 2.0d of the module. I am trying to find a way to use the module to pay not only for the whole item with points, but to pay for shipping with points also. Is there a way to do that as the module stands now? Or would I have to find another module to do this for me? Any help is appreciated!

[TEP STOP]

any help plz?

it sounds like your TABLE_CUSTOMERS_POINTS_PENDING is not defined in includes/database_tables.php

I haven't realized this until a customer complained. The customer applied points towards a discount. The discount was applied. However, when the customer got charged by Paypal, it did not reflect the discounted points and charged her the orginal price before the points were deducted. I know there might be a response to this, but I have spent a long time reading through irrelevant material in this forum. I do not have Paypal IPN. I ran the PEAR module for Paypal's Website Payments Pro.

If anyone has a solution to this ,PLEASE let me know ASAP as I would like to resolve this issue before I receive more complaints in future orders. Thank you in advance!

Ok i belive that in 69 pages someone already answered this question, but... forgive me i cant survive if i go trough them all now!

i am using the contribution 2.00 + the update from sashaben, to give referal points only once.

Now i have a problem in points redemption:

in the very first description of the contributons, it said that

Customes features.

------------------------------------

* Customers can choose the amount of points they would like to spend.

but in my shop, when we get to checkout page we can only redeem the MAXIMUM alowed at once.

ex: if i have 300 points (valued at 1$), and the total of my cart is 200$, then i can redeem 200 points.

if my cart is 500$, then i can redeem 300 points.

what about leting the user to choose how many points to use?

is this an available feature?

thanks for advising!

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

ok. as always i found the answer myself by searching :) maybe i should learn to search BEFORE asking.. ehhe

anyway, the answer is in:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry892360

where deep-silver announce this change:

2.Updated the code in refer to catalog/checkout_payment.php

The checkbox will contain only the maximum points redeemptions allowed.

When customer choose to use his/her points balance, he/she will be using all points available/allowed.

we are all grate to deep-silver for the great job he has done. but why this??

:|

is this a change only about checkout_payment.php? or it includes other parts of code?

what happen if i keep everything from v2.00 but checkout_payment.php from 1.0?

will everything explode?

ahhh! help!! :'(

ok. as always i found the answer myself by searching :) maybe i should learn to search BEFORE asking.. ehhe

anyway, the answer is in:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry892360

where deep-silver announce this change:

we are all grate to deep-silver for the great job he has done. but why this??

:|

is this a change only about checkout_payment.php? or it includes other parts of code?

what happen if i keep everything from v2.00 but checkout_payment.php from 1.0?

will everything explode?

ahhh! help!! :'(

The above changed took place at the new version, according to the data i collected and the post in this forum. i came to belive that 99% of the points users actually user the maximum points allowed. therefore this part of code removed.

If u prefer the older setting, you wellcome to try version1.

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

The above changed took place at the new version, according to the data i collected and the post in this forum. i came to belive that 99% of the points users actually user the maximum points allowed. therefore this part of code removed.

If u prefer the older setting, you wellcome to try version1.

do you think is possible to use EVERYTHING of the version 2 (which i love), but take checkout_payment from version 1?

will this create problem somewhere?

thanks for support!

Hi guys!

i have just installed the v20c version of this great contribution but experiment the following error message if i try to insert a new product in a categorie:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /web/htdocs/www.artemodels.com/home/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 175

but the admin/includes/application_top.php as not been modified! I have uploaded the same file from the back-up but this don't fix the problem...

Any help well be apreciated very much!!!

Thanks in advance.

Enzo

P.S. Sorry for duplicate this post in General Contribution Support.