• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

### POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V1.00 ###

A quick question...

I had everything working with this contrib. but now on the checkout_confirmation page, it does not show or subtract the account balance. Any ideas as to why it is not functioning the way it should be?

Version 2.0

Rich

I have the same problem... everything is fine, but nothing is shown at the confirmation page... and there are no points subtracted when ordering a product

I have version V2.0d ## CORRECTED

Is there any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I've come across the following error message after installing POINTS AND REWARDS contribution when attempting to create an account within my site! http://www.domain.co.uk/create_account.php when I add an email address I get the following error when I attemp to set up a new account:

--------

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.

-------

Any help would be great!

Edited by salt

Your E-Mail Address does not appear to be valid - please make any necessary corrections.
What has that got to do with Points Reward?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

My plan is, for each $50 purchase, i reward $12.5 worth of coupon.
You can still do that by simply issuing the coupon manually, forget associating it with Points in configuration.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

A quick question...

I had everything working with this contrib. but now on the checkout_confirmation page, it does not show or subtract the account balance. Any ideas as to why it is not functioning the way it should be?

Version 2.0

Rich

I have the same problem... everything is fine, but nothing is shown at the confirmation page... and there are no points subtracted when ordering a product

I have version V2.0d ## CORRECTED

Is there any solution?

I am experiencing the same problem as described here, but I think I figured out why it is not working.

On the /catalog/checkout_payment.php page during the checkout process under the "Shopping Points Redemptions" section I get this message:

You have a credit balance of $7.00 ,would you like to use it to pay for this order?

The estimated total of your purchase is: $43.46

Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method .

Tick here to use Maximum Points allowed for this order. (70 points $7.00) ->"

I think that the problem is with the "Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method ." part, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions?

You can still do that by simply issuing the coupon manually, forget associating it with Points in configuration.

hi,

are u talking about issuing the coupon with POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE ? how do i do that?

thank you

hi,

are u talking about issuing the coupon with POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE ? how do i do that?

thank you

It's simple, you apply common sense.

You can deactivate the Points program.

When you realise an order you are about to update is over $50 you simply make a mental note and send a $12.50 coupon via the store admin - I can't get much clearer than that.

CHOOCH

It's simple, you apply common sense.

You can deactivate the Points program.

When you realise an order you are about to update is over $50 you simply make a mental note and send a $12.50 coupon via the store admin - I can't get much clearer than that.

this is too simple, i need a much more sophisticated system than a 'metal note'.

I need to know who gets the coupon, which order does the coupon applied to, the coupon can only be used once, what date is the coupon issued and what date is the coupon been used.

anyway. i think i think to change my plan and adapt the strategy provided by this Module.

this is too simple, i need a much more sophisticated system than a 'metal note'.

I need to know who gets the coupon, which order does the coupon applied to, the coupon can only be used once, what date is the coupon issued and what date is the coupon been used.

anyway. i think i think to change my plan and adapt the strategy provided by this Module.

Well in that case good luck to you in your venture... if you manage to get it to work don't forget to update the thread here so we can all benefit from your work.

CHOOCH

Hi,

I have a problem with points expire auto email script, and think it is a common bug, as I tried it on clean OScommerce with same result

The script does not send Points expire auto-email, if expire date is in next month.

For example, on January 21 I run the script, Customer poits expire date is Janury 31, and Points Expires Auto Remainder is set to 10 days, I get the email, and all is ok (of course Auto Expires Points is enabled)

on same January 21 I set Customer poits expire date is February 1, and Points Expires Auto Remainder is set to 11 days, run the script and no email is delivered.

Can anyone check if they have same problem, as it may cause a lot of headache, if customer finds his points gone, and he was not notified

Just wanted to check, if anyone had the same problem, as described above?

Just wanted to check, if anyone had the same problem, as described above?

I haven't set up my crons jobs to do the auto expire - I have no know-how of what happens when the auto expire and reminder feature are executed.

Is it only for a 10 day gap that there is a problem or it causing the error no matter what dates you put in?

CHOOCH

if you want to add points in dollar value (instead of points), here is a fix.

example:

presently, if your points value is 5% you have to enter "100" to give them a $5.00 balance.

now, i can enter "5.00" to give them a $5.00 balance:

in admin/customers_points.php

find:

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " SET customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '". $pointstoadd ."', customers_points_expires = '". $expire ."' WHERE customers_id = '". (int)$customers_id ."'");
	  } else {
		tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " SET customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '". $pointstoadd ."' WHERE customers_id = '". (int)$customers_id ."'");

replace with:

tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " SET customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '". $pointstoadd / REDEEM_POINT_VALUE."', customers_points_expires = '". $expire ."' WHERE customers_id = '". (int)$customers_id ."'");
	  } else {
		tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " SET customers_shopping_points = customers_shopping_points + '". $pointstoadd / REDEEM_POINT_VALUE."' WHERE customers_id = '". (int)$customers_id ."'");

i haven't figured out how to incorporate the emails and delete points with this yet. (the math is way off) if anyone else figures it out, do share! :)

Edited by eww

I haven't set up my crons jobs to do the auto expire - I have no know-how of what happens when the auto expire and reminder feature are executed.

Is it only for a 10 day gap that there is a problem or it causing the error no matter what dates you put in?

The problem is not 10 days gap. If expiry date is in same month, script works, if in next, it does not send emails.

For example, autoremider gap is set to 15 days. If expiry date is on November 29, on November 14 customer will get email, but if on december 02, on november 17 customer will not get expiry notification

i'm getting crasy please help somebody!!!

in admin i go to customer pending points.

if i click there on the preview before customername i get drop out of admin. If i look at the link it looks like this www.domain.nl/orders.php?oID=2030123&action=edit?osCAdminID=2e1ei7qwoirqouoroy

after action=edit it starts with a ? in state of a &

i have try everything but can't get this link to work and i need this to view the orders before a approve the points.

in the other options like Referral- Review Pending Points the preview edit button work without any problem.

Please can somebody help me thank you

Marcel

The problem is not 10 days gap. If expiry date is in same month, script works, if in next, it does not send emails
Hmmm, I guess we will need for other people to respond to your post because I haven't set up my crons jobs because I am too busy with other work.... if this is not an iscolated case then someone needs to post their experiences here so we can find a solution.

CHOOCH

I am experiencing the same problem as described here, but I think I figured out why it is not working.

On the /catalog/checkout_payment.php page during the checkout process under the "Shopping Points Redemptions" section I get this message:

You have a credit balance of $7.00 ,would you like to use it to pay for this order?

The estimated total of your purchase is: $43.46

Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method .

Tick here to use Maximum Points allowed for this order. (70 points $7.00) ->"

I think that the problem is with the "Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method ." part, but I can't figure out how to fix this. Any suggestions?

I think that is not the main problem... I tried it with an article that could be paid with only points and now there is:

You have a credit balance of 8.00EUR ,would you like to use it to pay for this order?

The estimated total of your purchase is: 4.99EUR .

Tick here to use Maximum Points allowed for this order. (50 points 4.99EUR) ->

so no red "Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method ." but on confirmation page there is nothing shown as before...

can maybe someone of the people for which the points system is working make an screenshot of the admin configuration of their Points/RewardsV2.00?

would be very helpful, cause I made some changes before testing it :(

I think that is not the main problem... I tried it with an article that could be paid with only points and now there is:

You have a credit balance of 8.00EUR ,would you like to use it to pay for this order?

The estimated total of your purchase is: 4.99EUR .

Tick here to use Maximum Points allowed for this order. (50 points 4.99EUR) ->

so no red "Total Purchase is greater than the maximum points allowed, you will also need to choose a payment method ." but on confirmation page there is nothing shown as before...

can maybe someone of the people for which the points system is working make an screenshot of the admin configuration of their Points/RewardsV2.00?

would be very helpful, cause I made some changes before testing it :(

it sound like the points seasson are not passing to checkout_confirmation page you should check your coding again, from some reason ur order_total mod not applay to points mod.

P.S if you need me to check it you must provide me with a test account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy and thankful that Chooch is here and give u all a pro support for free. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

Might have found a link between the php version and or mysql version. Anyone that has the problem of the Points not showing up on the confirmation page please list your php version and mysql version.

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log

I am also running cPanel build 10.9.0-RELEASE 118

*Note to deep-silver

I have taken the modified files located in the V2.0d and uploaded them onto my server and the points system still would not show up on the confirmation page or deduct points. So either something is wrong in the coding of how the server handles the backend work.

it sound like the points seasson are not passing to checkout_confirmation page you should check your coding again, from some reason ur order_total mod not applay to points mod.

P.S if you need me to check it you must provide me with a test account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so happy and thankful that Chooch is here and give u all a pro support for free. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by skatejunkcom

I have version I have version V2.0d ## CORRECTED

PHP Version: 4.4.4 <--- same as you, is this a sign?^^

Database: MySQL 5.0.21

I have the latest oscommerce version and no Gift voucher installed,

I have "must agree to terms" and "osc Affiliate"

@skatejunkcom: I've sent you a pm with some instruction what I tried.....

can you maybe try report all errors in checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_payment.php on beginning:

with this (error report):

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);

?>

I get following error on checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_payment.php but I dont know if it has to do something with the problem:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /mnt/ja2/05/792/00000008/htdocs/artesanias/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php:6) in /mnt/ja2/05/792/00000008/htdocs/artesanias/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 98

so maybe you got a similar error...?

@ deep-silver: thank you so much, I've send you an pm with a test-account :)

I have version I have version V2.0d ## CORRECTED

PHP Version: 4.4.4 <--- same as you, is this a sign?^^

Database: MySQL 5.0.21

I have the latest oscommerce version and no Gift voucher installed,

I have "must agree to terms" and "osc Affiliate"

@skatejunkcom: I've sent you a pm with some instruction what I tried.....

can you maybe try report all errors in checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_payment.php on beginning:

with this (error report):

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);

ini_set('display_errors', TRUE);

?>

I get following error on checkout_confirmation.php and checkout_payment.php but I dont know if it has to do something with the problem:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /mnt/ja2/05/792/00000008/htdocs/artesanias/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php:6) in /mnt/ja2/05/792/00000008/htdocs/artesanias/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 98

so maybe you got a similar error...?

@ deep-silver: thank you so much, I've send you an pm with a test-account :)

is anyone with a working version getting these errors?

looks like i have the same error when i put in the show error code:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/oneclear/public_html/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php:2) in /home/oneclear/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 98

thanks for the help

hmm no don't scratch that, I don't think that everybody has this error... so maybe it's a problem with the checkout process as silver said...

I would say it's important and could be the "melting point" (I don't know if thats the correct word^^)

Might have found a link between the php version and or mysql version. Anyone that has the problem of the Points not showing up on the confirmation page please list your php version and mysql version.

PHP version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard-log

I am also running cPanel build 10.9.0-RELEASE 118

My server:

PHP Version: 4.4.4

Database: MySQL 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-STABLE 38 (not that it matters but thought I'd mention that too)

I don't really have any problems at all with the Points Reward contribution except that the order totals can go in to negative - which means you owe the customer money: See This Post

And the product and category restrictions don't seem to work, when I add restrictions I can't see how they get restricted - but all customer end userbility with this contribution is working on my site

CHOOCH

My server:

PHP Version: 4.4.4

Database: MySQL 4.1.21-standard

cPanel Build 10.9.0-STABLE 38 (not that it matters but thought I'd mention that too)

I don't really have any problems at all with the Points Reward contribution except that the order totals can go in to negative - which means you owe the customer money: See This Post

And the product and category restrictions don't seem to work, when I add restrictions I can't see how they get restricted - but all customer end userbility with this contribution is working on my site

that's strange, you have the same php and mysql version as skatejunkcom...

chooch: can you maybe make a screenshot of your settings in configuration of points... and what version do you have?

I'm not able to test restriction cause I see nothing on confirmation page ;)

hmm I see a way to prevent this negative worth... I think it can be fixed in a non-point-system-file (maybe checkout_confirmation.php or checkout_process.php?)... just use a if ( int.total<0 ) {int.total ==0; } else {do what you usually do}... ask silver to make a fix for this ;) (it's just an idea not a solution)