• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Really big catalog

WebRIPPER

I just wondering regarding the load capability of OSC. My product catalog (from SAP ERP) consist of about 600K items in more then 20K catagories. Each product could exist in different categories and etc...

I just made a test of 1/3 (200K items) and lastest build of OSC just blowed off. Any ideas hot it's possible to work with such big catalogs in OSC???

You will still benefit from some sort of optimizing - at the very least you should turn category counts off.

There are threads discussing optimizing techniques (page caching/changing or reducing queries etc) in the "tips and tricks" section.

You will still benefit from some sort of optimizing - at the very least you should turn category counts off.

There are threads discussing optimizing techniques (page caching/changing or reducing queries etc) in the "tips and tricks" section.

The test done after "counter off" with counter switched on the system even do not try to be loaded ;)

WR,

The main obstacle to that size catalog is having proper indexes on database tables. Be mindful of adding contributions as not all are created equal. Contribution coders need to more mindful of left most prefixing with indexes and this is the #1 reason of performance degradation.

So, add some indexes and optimize the code...that size catalog should not be a problem.

Bobby

Archived