• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Oscommemerce for dummies book?

tjferreira

I need help. I think i have it installed. I go to my web page but i can't figure out how to do anything with it. Is there a site with a how to? Right now my site showes a demo store and i want to change it.

try the knowledge base and documentations section

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

by default your admin directory is under catalog/admin/

here you can change a few things. For the bigger/drastic changes you have to dive into your code, or change the stylesheet.

Have a look around, and ask specific questions if you are stuck, but first of all check what's out here already.

There is a pretty active thread on 'basics for design change' with lot's of usefull beginner info.

and searching this forum you can also find a lot of info (there is also a thread on how to search best). jcall has the link in his signature. and you can find that by searching the members section ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived