• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Files_uploades

igel-cologne

First please excuse my bad english - my german is better :thumbsup:

I installed oscommerce Milestone 2.2 an my website red-Azul.com and i try to make the configurations. Allways i have a notice that "Warning: File uploads are disabled in the php.ini configuration file." In the Tools-Server-Information i can read, that the local Settings for File-Uploads are in the Local Value = off and the Master Value = on. I check all my php.ini-Fies on the Server and all Values are "on". What can i do? I don?t understand why?

If your website is on a shared server and file uploads are disabled in the main php.ini file then you won't have access to that file and won't be able to edit it.

If you have access to a local php.ini file you may be able to edit it to allow file uploads, but this local php.ini file may still be overriden by the main php.ini file.

You need to contact your hosting company and ask them if file_uploads are allowed.

Vger

If your website is on a shared server and file uploads are disabled in the main php.ini file then you won't have access to that file and won't be able to edit it.

If you have access to a local php.ini file you may be able to edit it to allow file uploads, but this local php.ini file may still be overriden by the main php.ini file.

You need to contact your hosting company and ask them if file_uploads are allowed.

Vger

Thanks for your answer - but i have an own server with root-rights. I have checked all php.ini-Files in the Server. All of them have file_uploads = on. I can?t upload files in the the server with oscommerce.

The other time that file uploads will not work is if the folder permissions are not set correctly. They need to be set to 755, and if that does not work then 777.

Vger

Archived