• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product List/Category layout

breurmedia

Hey, All!

Just finding my way around osCommerce right now, but loving it.

My project design includes a grid layout for the items found in a category (the same layout as the subcategories show up now) rather than a row-by-row list.

Is there an existing switch or template file with the osCommerce installation that will allow this change to the layout?

(if not, I'll just recode the product list page include, but I was hoping)

Best

Arthur Breur

Breur Media Corporation

Tampa, FL

I think you should browse through the contributions section (see above). It may seem intimidating at first, but you'll learn much more about the inner workings of your platform and get a site that fits your needs much better as you find and add contributions. My store has at least 30 added (lost count) and I'm truly grateful to all those who coded the contribs for helping me to be successful!

You can find small snippets to change layouts and huge contribs that alter whole sections and functions. My favorites have been those that help make the admin side better, but there are plenty for the front end, too.

I think you should browse through the contributions section (see above). It may seem intimidating at first, but you'll learn much more about the inner workings of your platform and get a site that fits your needs much better as you find and add contributions. My store has at least 30 added (lost count) and I'm truly grateful to all those who coded the contribs for helping me to be successful!

You can find small snippets to change layouts and huge contribs that alter whole sections and functions. My favorites have been those that help make the admin side better, but there are plenty for the front end, too.

good advice, you may find results searching for the term "column".

Treasurer MFC

this contribution replaces the products_info.php in catalog/includes/modules

shoudl have read

this contribution replaces the products_listing.php in catalog/includes/modules

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Archived