• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pending orders... what do you do?

Just interested in what you do here, im sure there are others that have this "problem".

The customer comes to your store completes as far as going to paypal/nochex/secure 3rd party credit card processor then for whatever reason doesnt complete.

At the moment I`ve been sending a polite email asking if they require any help and informing them that their order didnt actually complete (just incase they werent aware). I also have the recover sales contrib but havent actually used that yet....

So far about 25% have replied to my email saying "sorry theres something wrong with my paypal account" or similar and I have suggested they pay another way and they have.

It seems that because they see the paypal option they go for that every time.

What do you do with the other 75%?

Sit and wait and hope they come back?

Send another email sometime after?

Just delete the order?

What do you do?

in my 'terms of sale' I added a line like 'abandoned shopping carts will be deleted without further notice after 30 days'.

And on the 'log off' page is a notice that shopping carts will be deleted after 30 days of inactivity.

I do email the customer before deleting the cart but so far without positve result.

Kristine Running Wolf

in my 'terms of sale' I added a line like 'abandoned shopping carts will be deleted without further notice after 30 days'.

And on the 'log off' page is a notice that shopping carts will be deleted after 30 days of inactivity.

I do email the customer before deleting the cart but so far without positve result.

Thats a good idea (about the terms of sale). I might add that.

I dont think it helps with the situation much though but at least informs.

Archived