• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No admin directory

Clear.com.au

How are you verifying that there is no admin directory? If you're just accessing http://yourwebsite/admin, and that's not working, but if you check via FTP and the admin directory is there, then it may be that your webhost has reserved the /admin directory for their control panel.

No, it's not the best way for them to go, but yes, some of them do it.

If that's the case, simply rename your admin. Be sure to change admin/includes/configure.php appropriately.

-jared

I want to point out I was kidding. lol

One of my clients had that problem jcall... had to call his admin something else because when you tried to go to admin it took you to their control panel.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

:)

I only know about that problem because it happened to me. My first thought when I saw my admin area "disappear" was "Huh?" then "Ohhhhh.... Losers." (thinking of those who'd designed the webhost control panel)

-jared

For your information - anyone with an Ensim control panel will have the 'admin' directory name reserved for your Site Administrator control panel.

I do not see this as a problem, or as a fault, as you should be renaming your osCommerce 'admin' folder anyway.

As for "COME ON PEOPLE! Lift your game.". If you want help - this is not how to go about getting it. Everyone who helps out here is volunteering their time.

Vger

Archived