• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just two questions (one SQL, and one on cred.card)

I'm looking at creating a commercial site with OsCommerce.

At the moment, I'm testing on Localhost, having installed Apache, PHP 4.x, phpMyAdmin, a mail server, and MySQL 4.1

My MySQL question relates to the only issue I could find after installing OsCommerce on my webserver. Everything in the admin section seems to be fine at first glance, except under Customers --> Orders. When I go there, I get an error message I don't understand being...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

Does anybody have any idea what this is about?

The other question I have relates to the fact that I'm considering integrating an open-source forum with the software, which is also PHP/MySQL based. Essentially, to provide one single login, I'm considering using the same database, but modifying the customer table to include all the required fields of the forums Users table, and modifying the forum scripts accordingly. I am concerned though that if I do this, I'm introducing an additional security risk in that should somebody find a way through the forum an into the database, the OScommerce tables and entries will also be at risk. This is unlikely to happen, especially if the software is updated as required, but whether that risk is acceptable or not seems largely to depend on what the database holds.

Could anybody please tell me whether the OsCommerce software records/remembers customers payment details, such as credit card numbers/paypal accounts/..... etc, and how and where they are stored if it does?

look in the tips and tricks for answer to #1, a detailed is in there.

cc #'s, etc are not stored.

That's brilliant. Thankyou very much, and problem solved :)

I really appreciate it.

Archived