• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to fix shop to match domain

Xexon11

I have been viewing live shops in the Oscommerce demonstration area. The integration is great. I am attempting to make my main Osommerce shop website into my one and only main site: so that a customer can dial up my plain old domain name and reach the shop rather having to type up: www.domainname.com/oscommerce/catalog, is their a way to bring people directly to the Shop, and have the shop at www.domainname.com, I have seen other store owners do this in the live shop and they even personalized the browser title in Internet explorer, e.g.,"Welcome to Domainname." I currently have an absolute sublime seperate site which I have been struggling to build with frontpage, please advise on how to make OSC the default with the Domain URL exactly and a great Browser title.

is their a way to bring people directly to the Shop, and have the shop at www.domainname.com

You'd have to install osCommerce in your website root directory. In the example you currently have: www.domain.com/osCommerce/catalog/

Your osCommerce is sitting 2 levels (2 folders) in from the root directory.

For Browser title: I'd believe you could probably find that info somewhere in the contributions. Maybe this one?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,207

All of the files inside of your catalog folder need to be moved to your main folder (the one you put index.html in normally) once you do that you will need to change 2 configuration files. One is catalog/includes/configure.php the other is catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

you should be able to look at the two files and know which lines need to be changed.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I think you should be able to remove everything from your current index.htm file except for this statement:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://www.yoursite.com/oscommerce/catalog">

and leave everything where it is?

If were thinking of the the same thing on the top left and in the menu bar below. Then all you would need to do is go into your english.php and change the title to what you would like for it to say instead of Oscommerce that is listed currently.

I suggested refresh once and was told it was a bad idea because of robots but a htacces file with some kinda code in it was ok to use. Maybe someone can find the thread? Or one of the smart guys will come along and know what I mean.

Not that you aren't smart Cool... i mean one of the guys who have suggested it a couple of times now. Ack... I need a nap.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

All of the files inside of your catalog folder need to be moved to your main folder (the one you put index.html in normally) once you do that you will need to change 2 configuration files. One is catalog/includes/configure.php the other is catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

you should be able to look at the two files and know which lines need to be changed.

How exactly would I do that? Do I have to download every single file from the catalog folder and then paste it on the main directory( The first directory of the FTP, right?- not terribly sure where the Index.html file is, that others have spoken of. I only have an Index, when I have uploaded my frontpage site, which I do not wish to use.)

How exactly would I do that? Do I have to download every single file from the catalog folder and then paste it on the main directory( The first directory of the FTP, right?- not terribly sure where the Index.html file is, that others have spoken of. I only have an Index, when I have uploaded my frontpage site, which I do not wish to use.)

Which folder am I moving all of these files to? What is it's name? Where will I fnd it exactly? How do I move all of these folders? :huh:

Archived