• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to reinstall DB config and w/o reinstall

Macana

I used a different URL to test my configuration and how that it works, well all but actually connecting it to the bank to make transactions live, I placed osc under the actual URL and oops there's no DB to connect to. The address is the same, and I set all the DB parameters to the same, but since it is an actual new DB it doesn't have any of the required fields.

My question is, how do I upload the DB fields without having to reinstall osc? I've spent many a hours configuring and making the look and feel of the shopping cart to match my site and I really don't want to have to redo all that. I have made a backup of what I could, but not the DB (since there wasn't any real product in there).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

~m

backup your test database via the admin/tools/backup, then use phpmyadmin to import the database to the new database, change configure.php files to point to the correct username, password, database

In phpmyadmin, create your database and select it. Then click the 'SQL' tab, browse the location of the oscommerce.sql file, and click GO. That's it!

HOWEVER, as mibble pointed out...if you already have a test database, running the sql file will completely wipe out any data already in it. It will not affect the look of your shopping cart. Cheers.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Great! Back online. Now only one problem. My links are coming up as domain.compath.php and not domain.com/path.php. I think my error may be in my configure file...but not to sure what to do with this.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

~m

Problem with posting configure.php w/o any database connection info is then I get all these nasty errors about not finding files and looks like it want to install.

As I've mentioned above, I changed my domain name from a test domain to the actual one I will be using. Additionally, I backed up all the files that were modified to my look and feel and all I did to the configure.php files was change the domain name...i think. It had the relevant DB connection info in place so I don't think that would work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

~m

??? what i meant by posting your configure.php is to copy it and paste here, without the database connection info (u dont want anyone seeing that)

Archived