• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

sub-total problem

BLUECAKEO

I have basically finished my site, but I have come across an problem which I am unsure how to fix.

I have been searching the forum for a while and can't find anything that relates to this.

When I purchase 2 items which are the same the sub-total only calculates one item, but the VAT and the total calculates correctly, see example below:

Sub-Total:$1.00 - (this should be $2.00)

Tax :$0.35

Total :$2.35

Can someone please help me to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Well, I haven't gotten that far in my site, but since the final total is correct, I'd say it might be something in how the info is displayed and not a real 'bad' error.

In otherwords, I'd go to that page and hunt down all the includes until I found the one that is integral to this function. Then make a back up of that page.

Then go over the code in the page and experiment. If things really get messed up worse, you can always restore the 'bad' Backed Up Copy.

If you can find the actual php page and it's not heavily modified, and you are afraid of code, you can also download a plain vanilla osCommerce to your computer, and just copy the page up to your server. That might correct the problem. Or it might mess up some other contribution changes made to your site. In other words, again, back up the "bad" page before proceeding.

If you have made heavy modifications, I'd still look at the vanilla version page and compare to the modded version to see if there is an integral line of code missing from the modded version.

Good luck. Sorry I don't have a quick and easy solution. Like I said, I'm not quite where you are at.

It seems to definently be a contriubution that is causing it, possibly you forgot to add a line somewhere. What contributions have you installed that would be related to the product totals or tax?

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

I have basically finished my site, but I have come across an problem which I am unsure how to fix.

I have been searching the forum for a while and can't find anything that relates to this.

When I purchase 2 items which are the same the sub-total only calculates one item, but the VAT and the total calculates correctly, see example below:

Sub-Total:$1.00 - (this should be $2.00)

Tax        :$0.35

Total      :$2.35

Can someone please help me to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

assuming this is in the checkout and not the shopping cart.

Check if the subtotal is ok in the cart because the amounts are transferred to the order class when going to checkout.

for checkout you might check the module ot_subtotal which displays that amount.

I gets it from the order instance with this code :

$this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',

'text' => $currencies->format($order->info['subtotal'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),

'value' => $order->info['subtotal']);

Treasurer MFC

Archived