• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySql issues

deangelis

I am trying to install OScommerce with the Easy Populate module. My host company installes it automatically, but without Easy Populate. When I try to add Easy Populate I get serious errors. If I try to install OScommerce on my own via FTP, I can not get a connection to the MySql. I have talked to Tech support and what they provide as address to the MySql just results in more error messages.

Is there a way to install there version of OScommerce, then upgrade it to one I install? Are there files within OScommerce that I can just copy to a new installation, that will retain the MySql database links? Or is there a place in OScommerce were I can view the needed info to link to MySql?

I did look at "Server Info" but that info seems about what the Hosting company gave me, and using it in setup of OScommerce just results in errors saying I can not access the database!

Any help is wellcome.

Or is there a place in OScommerce were I can view the needed info to link to MySql?

// define our database connection

in includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

Thank you....I will try that!

Very Embarressing! I was not aware that I actually had to click on "Grant" under permissions for the MySql database! I assumed that since "all permissions" was already checked off, that it was in effect.

I am totally new at this!

Archived