• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help needed ASAP

The error states that your product_info.php is world writable which it should not be, this is a permissions error the file should be chmod 644 which is read/write for owner and read only for the rest.

Please restrict yourself from multiposting in the forums

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

You need to change the permissions on your product_info.php file -- it is currently "World Writable", meaning currently not protected, and as it stands now, anyone can update it. Your host therefore prevents it from running as a security measure.

The Sbox error message you received contains a clickable link. Follow this link and then follow link #7 for detailed information on what the error means and how to fix it. Good luck!

shopping_cart.php is world writable. Change permissions

(seems the same problem as with product_info.php)

Forum search

Contributions search

Documentation search (note: docs being adapted for MS3, may be different for MS2)

3 tips for better forum searching

Want to post? Read this first:

osCommerce for dummies

Topic name etiquette

Basics:

Basics for design

Right syntax to use near '-20, 20'

Cannot re-assign $this

Parse error

A problem with the module:

When i click the button to "track stock", and then update the value, i get this error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_track_stock' in 'field list'

update products_options set products_options_track_stock='1',products_options_name = 'Size' where products_options_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

How can I fix this?

Yet another error:

When you add something to the cart, then login and go to checkout, then click continue you get another error. I tried chmodding checkout_shipping.php to 644 but it didnt work.

This module is more trouble than it's worth.

http://corkcityfc.buy.ie

It doesn't look like it's the modules fault, from my perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Well, it sounds to me like the entire directory that you have OSC installed in probably has the wrong permissions.

Also, it looks like you've missed a step in the contribution installation instruction. Specificly the step that asks you to create the 'products_options_track_stock' column in the product_options table. The contribution probably came with a .sql file included.

It also looks like you've mis-installed the section of the contribution that alters the product_info.php page. Either that, or there is a conflict on that page with another contribution you have installed.

I guess my point is, it doesn't look like you've "folllowed instructions perfectly". it looks like all of the issues are related ot not installing this contribution correctly, rather than the contribution itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived