• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Optimum Environment settings

CosiDiBosco

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup ms2 on a winxp php5, apache2, myspl4.1 environment. I am having a bit of trouble and see that these versions dont appear to be the best to use. I am still in the early stages of development so I am not tied down to any of these in particular. What I would like to know is which versions are the most compatible and will give me the least trouble?

Thanks,

Ted

Hello,

I am currently trying to setup ms2 on a winxp php5, apache2, myspl4.1 environment.  I am having a bit of trouble and see that these versions dont appear to be the best to use.  I am still in the early stages of development so I am not tied down to any of these in particular.  What I would like to know is which versions are the most compatible and will give me the least trouble?

Thanks,

Ted

php 4.3.x (current is 4.3.11) is good, stay away from any php version before 4.3, as was too buggy.

As to the mySQL, the version depends more on where you are planning to host your site. Many still use 3.23.xx.

You can upload a file created in 3.23 to a 4.x mySQL, but not the other way around.

hth

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

php 4.3.x (current is 4.3.11) is good, stay away from any php version before 4.3, as was too buggy.

As to the mySQL, the version depends more on where you are planning to host your site. Many still use 3.23.xx.

You can upload a file created in 3.23 to a 4.x mySQL, but not the other way around.

hth

Thank you,

That is exactly what I was looking for. My host uses mySQL 4.1 so that is good to know.

Archived