• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cutomer Emails no longer going out!!!

mJULESY

My hosting compnay have just moved me to another server as i have just requested my own ip address for SSL cert. But i have just noticed that my customer emails are no longer going out!!!

What can i check?

Does the cart not just use the SendMail php function?

My Php.ini settings are:

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

my hosting company thank that i might be because the ip addres has changed but i cant see what this has to do with it.

Can anyone shed any light?

Many thanks

Mjulesy

OSC can either use sendmail or SMTP - check the configuration setting in your OSC admin.

Do you have "Send extra order Emails" set on? Are you receiving any mails from orders? Are you sure your customer E-mails are not going to their spam box?

Check with your host that your sendmail path is correct. Usually this is something they would configure anyway and there's no reason you would need to fiddle with it.

IP address has nothing to do with sendmail AFAIK, but I stand to be corrected on this.

Sounds to me like it is most likely your hosting service has a mis-configured server setting. Maybe as falsedawn suggests the path to sendmail is now incorrect. I would quiz your hosting provider about this.

Archived