• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Your Design Ideas Please!

mark27uk3

Hi Guys,

I would like you to have a look at my site here and give me your thoughts as to what I should do with my header.

I am happy with the two-tone orange nav bar, its the rest above it I am struggling to come with ideas for ie. do I add some tabs or not, do I remove the static banner or replace it with rotating banners or remove it completely. >_<

I just dont know anymore, so come on put on your thinking caps and give me some ideas please. :'(

Thanks

Mark :thumbsup:

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hi Guys,

I would like you to have a look at my site here and give me your thoughts as to what I should do with my header.

I am happy with the two-tone orange nav bar, its the rest above it I am struggling to come with ideas for ie. do I add some tabs or not, do I remove the static banner or replace it with rotating banners or remove it completely. >_<

I just dont know anymore, so come on put on your thinking caps and give me some ideas please. :'(

Thanks

personally I like your blue/orange buttons so I would let the same blue color come back more in the header/footer and even the box headers. I believe that headers/footers/buttons should all be part of the same theme. With the rest you can deviate (a little).

I would recommend tabs but you have an enormous amount of 1st level categories and then tabs are not a good idea.

You could ofcourse regroup the categories in 6 or 7 major ones which is what I would do. Also because I am not a fan of these js generated menus which are not easy to navigate.

I would re-categorise anyway because when I choose genuine ericsson, you dump all things ericsson on the screen which becomes very long.

another thing, if a category has no products, don't show the category because it is very annoying to be led to nothing.

Treasurer MFC

personally I like your blue/orange buttons so I would let the same blue color come back more in the header/footer and even the box headers. I believe that headers/footers/buttons should all be part of the same theme. With the rest you can deviate (a little).

I would recommend tabs but you have an enormous amount of 1st level categories and then tabs are not a good idea.

You could ofcourse regroup the categories in 6 or 7 major ones which is what I would do. Also because I am not a fan of these js generated menus which are not easy to navigate.

I would re-categorise anyway because when I choose genuine ericsson, you dump all things ericsson on the screen which becomes very long.

another thing, if a category has no products, don't show the category because it is very annoying to be led to nothing.

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Hey buddy I am thinking of setting up a similar site in my own country... Are you able to derive a full time income from your site? Or should I keep my day job!!

Jules

Archived