• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Shopping Cart

Hi, I currently use the paypal shopping cart for my website. All orders are place through the standard form methods. I would really like to use osCommerce to process the orders, but do not want to do a total site revamp. Is there a way to just plug in osCommerce into my current static paypal cart page?

Hi, I currently use the paypal shopping cart for my website. All orders are place through the standard form methods. I would really like to use osCommerce to process the orders, but do not want to do a total site revamp. Is there a way to just plug in osCommerce into my current static paypal cart page?

The answer can be short: No

The other way around would involve a lot of work also so if you really would like to use osC it would be best to install it beside your existing Paypal shop and develop it independantly. There are a couple of payment contributions specifically for Paypal so you won't need their own buttons. Setting up a proper osC shop does take time, effort and a willing to learn but in the end you will be glad you did it ;)

Ok, I got something working by striping all the head,footer, left and right and the added open and close() windows to the checkout. And then custom added the form feilds on the page and replaced it with the osC form methods.

I have one problem, on the page I have the customer enter a text field to enter their referral code. is there a way to pass a textarea to the checkout. I used the product options to select colors, etc... but that is all static information, i need to pass a text field to the checkout via post to the osC cart.

Archived