• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Big Brains!

ksaun

I only ship to the USA, Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, should I remove all the other countries from the country list?

And if so, what is the best way to do it? :huh:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

That is what I did. I only ship to the US in one of my stores and it seems to work well. If there is no country then people can't enter their correct address and I think they get it.

I went in and deleted all the countries I didn't use via the admin. Only way I know how to do anything.

You may want to put some info about where you ship to on your site so people not in those countries don't get mad when they try and check out if you haven't already. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

That is what I did. I only ship to the US in one of my stores and it seems to work well. If there is no country then people can't enter their correct address and I think they get it.

I went in and deleted all the countries I didn't use via the admin. Only way I know how to do anything.

You may want to put some info about where you ship to on your site so people not in those countries don't get mad when they try and check out if you haven't already. =)

Is there an easy way to remove all the countries or do I have to do them one at a time?

:blink:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Is there an easy way to remove all the countries or do I have to do them one at a time?

:blink:

I would do it in myadmin or whatever you have for manageing your sql.

In phpmyadmin - export the countries table complete with drop table statements. Edit the file to remove all countries exepct thos you want to keep and then run the file in myadmin again.

Thats it job done, 5 mins!

Gav

Not sure. You could check in the contribution are and see if there are ones for just the US and the other places you mentioned... if there is one you could just go into the database and empty the zones ( i think it is zones ) then add the new sql. Whichever one that needs to be emptied would be the one they tell you to change, alter or add to in the instructions.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived