• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Masyer/Slave Album/Single downloads

Sierrab

So far so good

I have installed the master Slave with rev 4 ammendments.

When I select an album in the catalogue I get a page listing all the tracks on the album with the option to purchase each of the tracks individually,

I click on the tracks and end up (after completing the purchase) on the Download Now page with however many songs I bought ready for Download

I would like to also have one button to purchase all the tracks on the album in one go

I am not sure at this point whether it would be better to end up with one Download button for all the tracks on the album or to have several download buttons.

Is this doable? And if so how?

I only came across OSC a week ago and am just blown away not only by the program itself but also the whole community thing

Steve

Sorry about the typo in the topic...it's late and I have been at the kbd for hours!!

Edited by Sierrab

be better off to have one of the attributes, setup for downloading a complete compressed file, if someone purchases the whole album. else without any custom programing, when individual songs are purchased, they have to be single buttons for each one. only other way to do that would be case statements, however look at it this way, you would have to have a lot of different combinations, ie song1, 3, 5, sonng 1, 2, 5, etc, you get what that means . . .

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I understand your suggestion re attributes, could you explain a little further, Ideally I would like to have customers have the option just to click one button for all the tracks and then end up with however many download buttons that is, I don't have to worry about case statements as there are only two option....all the tracks or select the individual ones you want...

It would also be very cool to have a mouse over select rather than typing in 1 for each of your selections.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Steve