• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Catagory Listings

romans815

it's standard to be able to copy or link a product to multiple categories, just try it in the admin

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 1 year later...
Is there a mod anywhere that allows products to be assigned to more than one catagory?

I realize this is an old post, but I have the same question. I dont see where I could link a product from one category to another.

I have an antique/vintage jewelry site, and example would be to have a category for fine gold and a category for rings.

One fine gold ring would show in both the 'fine gold' category and in the 'rings' catagory. The same item but showing under different categories.

Is this possible? I am still searching the forums for an answer, but would love to hear of an easy solution to this problem.

• 3 weeks later...
I realize this is an old post, but I have the same question. I dont see where I could link a product from one category to another.

I have an antique/vintage jewelry site, and example would be to have a category for fine gold and a category for rings.

One fine gold ring would show in both the 'fine gold' category and in the 'rings' catagory. The same item but showing under different categories.

Is this possible? I am still searching the forums for an answer, but would love to hear of an easy solution to this problem.

Yes you can do this in the Admin.

Go to the catalog section, then click on your category folders until you get to the product you want to work with.

Click on "copy to" and you should get a a drop down box with all your categories.

Click which one you want and then either "link" or "duplicate"

link will put the one item in 2 categories

duplicate will make an identical listing in another category, (you will end up with 2 identical products)

If you have lots of products this will take a while to do them one by one. There is a multiple category contribution, but I have not installed that. (I was tired of modifying my files), so I can not comment on if that would also work.

I do use Easy Populate and was able to get that to work and upload the items into 2 categories.

You have to link one or two products and then you can download the EP file to see how it works with your data. Definitely a lot quicker than doing them one by one.

Hope this helps!

Linda Wilson

• 1 month later...

Archived