• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Plugged OSCommerce Functionality into existing sit

I am currently working with a client who wants to add e-commerce capability to his existing web site. My question is, how difficult is it to only use portions of osCommerce and integrate them into an existing site?

I have set up osCommerce in full with custom graphics and CSS but have not done what is mentioned above. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There are some contributions that let you put certain things from osc into other pages. Usually infoboxes and I think a log in box. You should take a look there if that is what they really want to do. Atleast it would be a start.

I think it is easier to take an exisitng site and add it to osc and not the other way around... but that may just be me.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Ive not done it on a production site but I however did create a site using the oscommerce backend and customer tracking, and then creating links to the products.

Your best bet is to make OsCommerce looks like your other site, and vice versa, just leave out the stuff you don't want.

Kenneth S

--------------

Customer "Are you a real programmer?"

Me "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

I think I will take the advice to make osCommerce look like the site and then just integrate it in. Hopefully that will not be too difficult -- the client used a free WYSIWYG editor and template to create his layout... *shudder*

Perhaps I can talk him into paying me to redesign it! ;)

It might be cheaper for your client in the long run to start fresh with you building their content into OSC. I think, for the most part, one tight system is better. Try to convince them to work on copy and images for the site and then intro a beautiful single solution for them and let them know how easy it will be to drop all their hard work into it.

Archived