• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pair Networks Hosting Question

oblivion77

I have 5 osCommerce websites hosted at Aplus.net which is the worst hosting company in the world. My one-year contract is finally up for my own personal company and I?m moving on.

I want to go with Pair Networks and they have an Advanced Plan for $17.95 a month. I called and talked with someone in sales at Pair to find out if I can run two installations of osCommerce on one hosting plan and the sales rep did not know. She told me to ask in the forums.

So does any one know if I can run two shopping carts on one hosting plan. This plan says it has 5 mysql databases. I would like to run two installations of osCommerce one for my retail website in the index directory and another for wholesale in a directory called wholesale?

So it would be like this:

www.mysite.com/ - Retail Shopping Cart

www.mysite.com/wholesale - Wholesale Shopping Cart

So has anyone run two installs on one hosting plan at Pair Networks?

I use Pair with my wife's site and love them... however I use a much more expensive plan.

I had to upload everything myself using FTP and setup osCommerce manually.

Based on my experience with a different plan, I believe that the reason why the rep didn't know how to help you with an osCommerce question is because they do not provide it nor support it.

You should not have any problems as long as you set up your configure.php files correctly.

But... you may want to look at the contributions for a solution such as Multi-Stores

HTH,

Robert

My view - beware a hosting company that advertises its e-commerce hosting facilities - and then doesn't provide any support for them.

Probably get a rocket for this, given that Pair advertises pretty heavily here.

Vger

Hi Rhea,

Yes, they highly advertise their "E-commerce needs". Unfortunately they only offer 2 other (non-osCommerce) carts.

2 years ago (ahem) a rep told me that they provide full support for the carts that they provide, but I should feel free to install whatever I want with limited application support.

Again, I'm happy with them but also agree with you when application support is priority.

Robert

Edit: I removed the names of the "other carts"

Archived