• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

password for admin?

After install, I go to mysite.com/admin and it no longer prompts me for a passowrd to log in. Any ideas? This doesn't seem very secure, now anyone can go in and change anything they want. <_<

Thank you in advance

oscommerce does not come with a password reqired with the install. This is something you have to set up. Either through your web hosts control panel or with an .htaccess file.

There are a whole bunch of threads about this, if you do a search.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Did you have it set up with .htaccess or password protection on the directory? If so, maybe you can try re-doing the .htaccess or password protection from scratch. Change the login ID and password and replace the old .htaccess setup.

Thanks guys I figured it out, and wendyjames I did a search and nothing even close to this question came up. I am sure it's there, but the search did not recognize it.

I did a search and nothing even close to this question came up. I am sure it's there, but the search did not recognize it.

I can believe that - the search feature on this site is worthless.

I'm sure whoever runs this site could halve their bandwidth if they implemented one that works and stickies.

the search does work if you follow the proper procedures, the same as any other site which uses this forum app or even phpbb forum software, most times it is operator error.

and if you dont like how it works, well, write something to help . .

Most of the time the search is worthless because there are hundreds of posts vaguely relating to the serch term, which are all there because whoever started the thread found the search feature useless (or didn't use it)...

Vicious circle.

I don't know... I am always able to find what I am looking for, for myself or to help with a question someone has posted. =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived